[Problem Solved] Pixel 6 on Android 13, is Dji Mimo working? IT W...
7091 18 2022-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fraagles
lvl.2
Poland

Hello everyone,
I have Pocket 2 and Osmo Action 3.
On my smartphone Pixel 6 on Android 12 and the Dji Mimo app works on it without any problems. Both by connecting with the usb-c connector and also wirelessly. For 3 months I have been able to update Android 12 to Android 13, but I don't do it because I don't know if Mimo app will work. Can any support or forum members confirm or deny that Mimo app works on Pixel 6 on Android 13? I bought my phone for frequent updates and I can't use them because I need the Mimo app
Thanks for the help!EDIT: The latest version of DJI MIMO App works without problems on Pixel 6 on Android 13.

2022-10-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for bringing this query to us. Kindly please make sure to update the firmware of your DJI Action 3 and the DJI Mimo app to the most latest firmware as the new firmware includes more improved compatibility with Android 13. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-10-28
Use props
Fraagles
lvl.2
Poland

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-28 20:09
Hi there. Thank you for bringing this query to us. Kindly please make sure to update the firmware of your DJI Action 3 and the DJI Mimo app to the most latest firmware as the new firmware includes more improved compatibility with Android 13. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Thank you for your valued support.

I would love to do it, but there are some opinions on the internet that despite the app does not work with pixel 6 on android 13. And if I update my phone to android 13 and the app won't work, I can't go back to android 12, and another I don't have a phone. That's why I'm looking for official information that "yes, it works" or "no, it doesn't work"
2022-10-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Fraagles Posted at 10-28 23:29
I would love to do it, but there are some opinions on the internet that despite the app does not work with pixel 6 on android 13. And if I update my phone to android 13 and the app won't work, I can't go back to android 12, and another I don't have a phone. That's why I'm looking for official information that "yes, it works" or "no, it doesn't work"

Hello, Fraagles. We are sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. After checking the mobile device ( Pixel 6 updated to Android 13 ) that you are using on your DJI Action 3 and on the DJI Mimo application is not yet recommended for the DJI application. DJI suggests using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mimo application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Pixel 6 updated to Android 13 will be able to work on the DJI Mimo application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI application we cannot guarantee that it will work all the time and that it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Mimo application while using it. For reference, I will post a link wherein you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mimo application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo ). Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-10-29
Use props
segoy
lvl.1
Poland

Hi, I downloaded latest MIMO app for android (v1.8.4) but my phone can't see it. I followed steps from https://forum.dji.com/thread-252043-1-1.html but still nothing. I tried turning on/off the camera and the mobile phone, turning off mobile data... setting camera to 2,4 GHz.. reseting wifi settings... nothing helps. What can I do? I can run the app but can't connect to camera (DJI Action 2). I managed to activate it on an older phone but it too slow to use it with Action 2.
How can you sell the camera that isn't compatible with nowadays phones? how can I recommend it to anyone? I'm starting to regret i bought it... pls provide fast help!!
I'm using Pixel 4a 5G with android 13 (not to be confused with Pixel 4a)
2022-11-21
Use props
djiuser_347zPGbtGPJs
New

Italy

segoy Posted at 11-21 09:45
Hi, I downloaded latest MIMO app for android (v1.8.4) but my phone can't see it. I followed steps from https://forum.dji.com/thread-252043-1-1.html but still nothing. I tried turning on/off the camera and the mobile phone, turning off mobile data... setting camera to 2,4 GHz.. reseting wifi settings... nothing helps. What can I do? I can run the app but can't connect to camera (DJI Action 2). I managed to activate it on an older phone but it too slow to use it with Action 2.
How can you sell the camera that isn't compatible with nowadays phones?  how can I recommend it to anyone?  I'm starting to regret i bought it... pls provide fast help!!
I'm using Pixel 4a 5G with android 13 (not to be confused with Pixel 4a)

I'm having the same issue, i just bought the action 2 but am unable to find it in the mimo app using my Android 13 device... This is unacceptable, i think I'm going to return the camera to Amazon...
2022-11-22
Use props
fansd8ba2176
lvl.1
Poland

Check this https://forum.dji.com/thread-271570-1-1.html?page=5
It worked for me, I had to force turning off other WiFi that wanted to connect with my Phone and then I could connect with action 2 wifi.. and then Mimo app found the device and automaticly connected
2022-11-22
Use props
Fredisco
lvl.2
Flight distance : 71043 ft
Sweden

My newly bought DJI Action 2 + DJI Mimo v1.8.4 (225929) is not working with my Pixel 6 can't connect so I have another brick of a device here.
I can't connect as it's locked and requires to be linked to register. but I can't link it because again the Pixel 6 won't connect.
So I can't use it in any way!!!!  I'm utterly disappointed by you DJI !!!
PLEASE RELEASE UPDATES TO FIX BOTH DJI Mimo & DJI Go 4 to work with the most default Android devices that exists. (Pixel 6 & Pixel 7)
I'm not going to buy another phone so I can use the DJI gear. Google phones are the first you should fix support for.
2022-11-28
Use props
Fraagles
lvl.2
Poland

Is there any update, information about the Mimo app for android 13 on Pixel? I'm still on android 12 on the phone that has the most frequent updates...
2023-1-18
Use props
Yaros1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

DJI Mimo works on Pixel 6 running Android 13, latest update.
2023-1-21
Use props
Fraagles
lvl.2
Poland

Yaros1 Posted at 1-21 07:04

Sorry for this question, but are you sure about what you wrote? After updating to Android 13, there is no way to go back to 12.
2023-1-22
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

For those having activation/connection problems with their Pocket 2, I have two threads that contain both lists of tested compatible and non-compatible devices and lists of troubleshooting tips to check in case of activation, connection and control problems occurring with DJI Mimo. The threads are at https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=235190 (for phones) and https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=237518 (for tablets) Maybe those could give some tips to solve the problems?

Please do note that while these tips could help also with other DJI cameras using the Mimo app, they have not been tested with those other cameras besides the Pocket 2 and cannot be quaranteed to 100% work. But I guess you lose nothing trying them out, still.
2023-1-23
Use props
Fraagles
lvl.2
Poland

HGDC84 Posted at 1-23 11:18
For those having activation/connection problems with their Pocket 2, I have two threads that contain both lists of tested compatible and non-compatible devices and lists of troubleshooting tips to check in case of activation, connection and control problems occurring with DJI Mimo. The threads are at https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=235190 (for phones) and https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=237518 (for tablets) Maybe those could give some tips to solve the problems?

Please do note that while these tips could help also with other DJI cameras using the Mimo app, they have not been tested with those other cameras besides the Pocket 2 and cannot be quaranteed to 100% work. But I guess you lose nothing trying them out, still.
Yaros1 Posted at 1-21 07:04

Thank you for your help. I checked the threads you provided, and based on that and other feedback, it looks like dji Mimo works on Pixel 6 on Android 13.
I did an android update and everything works fine. The latest version of DJI Mimo.
Thank you again.

2023-1-31
Use props
Fraagles
lvl.2
Poland

Double answer removed.

2023-1-31
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Fraagles Posted at 1-31 02:08
Thank you for your help. I checked the threads you provided, and based on that and other feedback, it looks like dji Mimo works on Pixel 6 on Android 13.
I did an android update and everything works fine. The latest version of DJI Mimo.
Thank you again.

Thank you for this report, and glad to hear you got it working. Happy filming :-)
2023-1-31
Use props
Joseph Baby
New

Germany

I'm a pixel 6 pro user and when I am trying to open the DJI mimo app it keeps closing. I have tried everything to open it but nothing helped. What should I do??
2023-4-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Joseph Baby Posted at 4-29 09:03
I'm a pixel 6 pro user and when I am trying to open the DJI mimo app it keeps closing. I have tried everything to open it but nothing helped. What should I do??

Hi there. We're sorry for the inconvenience. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app from the DJI website? If not yet, please reinstall it from this link. Please keep us posted.
2023-4-29
Use props
tyeb67
lvl.1
Flight distance : 223 ft

France

DJI Paladin Posted at 2022-10-28 20:09

{:4_105 :}Je possède un Osmo 6 dji mimo dernier installer. Ne s'ouvre pas  toujours le même problème Dji  il faut attendre  il sortent un produit  le même souci. Pour les smartphones Android
2023-6-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

tyeb67 Posted at 6-26 08:38
{:4_105 :}Je possède un Osmo 6 dji mimo dernier installer. Ne s'ouvre pas  toujours le même problème Dji  il faut attendre  il sortent un produit  le même souci. Pour les smartphones Android

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm what specific mobile device are you currently using? Also, could you please provide us a short video showing the issue so we can check it further? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules