Slow SD card write speed doing timelapse
2807 4 2022-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_wI8cyOVxNIBG
lvl.2
Australia

Hi All,
I have an sandisk extreme plus microsdxc 128gb 200mb/s memory card for the Osmo action 3 but I  keep getting SD Card slow srite speed when capturing timelapse @ 4k.
I had the duration set @ 2hrs and then 1hr on the sunset setting and both times I had this message appear.
I thought this card would be sufficient but if it isn't can I get other recommendations.
Thankyou.
2022-10-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for bringing this query to us. SD card writing speed is related to the current number of files stored on the SD card and how it is used by the user. If the number of files is large, the writing speed will generally be slow. Try to back up all the files and format the SD card to see if the issue persists. You may also refer to the image below for the list of recommended SD cards for the DJI Osmo Action 3. Thank you.

2022-10-28
Use props
clarry76
lvl.2
Australia

Hi,
Thankyou for the response, I only had 4 files with total size of 1.6gb on the card prior to the timelapse capture. The timelapse capture video size is only  469MB.
I will format the card and give it another try.
Cheers.
2022-10-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

clarry76 Posted at 10-29 15:57
Hi,
Thankyou for the response, I only had 4 files with total size of 1.6gb on the card prior to the timelapse capture. The timelapse capture video size is only  469MB.
I will format the card and give it another try.

Hi, clarry76. Thanks for your cooperation on this. We look forward to hearing from you. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your valued support!
2022-10-31
Use props
clarry76
lvl.2
Australia

Just a quick follow up.. I formatted the card again and I had no issues doing a couple of time lapses.
2022-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules