Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
UPS stole drone or DJI lost it
1437 9 2022-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_DnQVjHOPthDm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 100364 ft
United States

I broke my gimbal for my Avata and sent it back to the DJI repair facility and paid the 20$ or whatever the cost is to get it fixed. After waiting about 10 days, I suspected something was up- I understand that a business is hard to run and that delays are of no surprise due to the current market however it was still odd it was taking so long. I contacted DJI customer service and they told me they "received a box with nothing in it." I was confused at first and after sending multiple emails back and forth they have told me that they are still investigating the issue. It has been about 1 month now, no resolution from DJI or UPS. I am feeling pretty helpless as I would like to not just lose 800$ worth of costs for a product I do not have. I am more than just exhausted with this whole process and to say I am disappointed in UPS/DJI is an understatement. I have even talked to the highest possible customer service people that I was able to contact- still no resolution. They claim the package was only 7oz- I shipped the DJI without the battery and since the DJI weighs about 25oz and the battery is about 6oz, the total weight should be around 19oz or so but the shipping label states the item was 7oz. Yes I confirmed that the package was the correct one and it even shows the location it got sent to - California DJI repair facility. I am honestly beyond hopeless at this point and I am doubtful DJI will provide another drone so I am unsure what to do. I am thinking about contacting my credit card company to see if I can apply for a chargeback since I do not want to pay for a product I don't own. Hopefully this terrible situation is resolved soon though I have little to no hope. I even bought DJI refresh just incase I crashed and needed the repair but it seems that the purchase was also in vein. Please don't contact me saying that nothing was in the box as well, I am well aware as I have had four emails and two different people tell me nothing was in it.

Case number:
CAS-10697864-Y5G0T1

2022-10-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, sorry to hear about this, just checked your case, Estelle from our Customer Care Team is following up on your case, and she will keep you updated.
2022-10-28
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

yeah that sucks, for sure.  not hating on anybody but i can tell you for sure, theft is rampant especially at fedex and ups.  you would be surprised how many people think as long as they don't steal directly from you, it's ok.  or, if insurance covers the loss, it's ok.  they know all the tricks, from misdelivering to delays to going into the boxes...you name it.  that's the risk we take and with millions of packages aloft, it's bound to happen....alot.  it's sad, the loss of integrity.   yeah, i would try the credit card, you shouldn't have to pay for this, i agree.
2022-10-29
Use props
djiuser_DnQVjHOPthDm
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 10-28 22:58
Hi there, sorry to hear about this, just checked your case, Estelle from our Customer Care Team is following up on your case, and she will keep you updated.

She has yet to give me any useful information other that "there is nothing in the box." I even purchased DJI avata refresh and instead of sending me another drone as promised in the refresh, I have been waiting for over a month with nothing other than useless emails and promised calls and emails I never received. Why is it that DJI cant just send me another drone since I bought DJI refresh. I have plenty of evidence that my drone was not delivered and was either lost at DJI or stolen. I am failing to see why this process has to be such a pain in the ass. I am hoping I get some good news in the next couple days but I plan to call my credit card provider to issue a chargeback on all my purchases from DJI. This situation is truly such a shame.
2022-10-29
Use props
djiuser_DnQVjHOPthDm
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 10-28 22:58
Hi there, sorry to hear about this, just checked your case, Estelle from our Customer Care Team is following up on your case, and she will keep you updated.

She has yet to give me any useful information other that "there is nothing in the box." I even purchased DJI avata refresh and instead of sending me another drone as promised in the refresh, I have been waiting for over a month with nothing other than useless emails and promised calls and emails I never received. Why is it that DJI cant just send me another drone since I bought DJI refresh. I have plenty of evidence that my drone was not delivered and was either lost at DJI or stolen. I am failing to see why this process has to be such a pain in the ass. I am hoping I get some good news in the next couple days but I plan to call my credit card provider to issue a chargeback on all my purchases from DJI. This situation is truly such a shame.
2022-10-29
Use props
MAF178
lvl.4
  • >>>
Kuwait

UPS Stole or DJI Lost your drone ?
This is impossible you wanna a chrismas gift Wahaha
2022-10-29
Use props
djiuser_DnQVjHOPthDm
lvl.1
United States

I’ve contacted both companies and both have told me they don’t know where it is. I’m not looking for a Christmas gift, I’m looking to get back what is rightfully mine.
2022-10-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_DnQVjHOPthDm Posted at 10-29 20:12
She has yet to give me any useful information other that "there is nothing in the box." I even purchased DJI avata refresh and instead of sending me another drone as promised in the refresh, I have been waiting for over a month with nothing other than useless emails and promised calls and emails I never received. Why is it that DJI cant just send me another drone since I bought DJI refresh. I have plenty of evidence that my drone was not delivered and was either lost at DJI or stolen. I am failing to see why this process has to be such a pain in the ass. I am hoping I get some good news in the next couple days but I plan to call my credit card provider to issue a chargeback on all my purchases from DJI. This situation is truly such a shame.

We are sorry for the belated update from the managerial team during the weekend, we are eagerly waiting for an update as you do.
Please rest assured, we have asked the team to prioritize your case, and we will keep following it. Thank you for your patience.
2022-10-29
Use props
djiuser_KvOJYBgC8Ozg
New

Poland

I have the same problem. I've been waiting for more than 3 weeks to find out what's wrong with my drone, but I still have no answer.
I'm just getting told there's no answer yet. I'm tired of waiting and I think DJI just doesn't want to help me.
2023-8-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

djiuser_KvOJYBgC8Ozg Posted at 8-1 07:37
I have the same problem. I've been waiting for more than 3 weeks to find out what's wrong with my drone, but I still have no answer.
I'm just getting told there's no answer yet. I'm tired of waiting and I think DJI just doesn't want to help me.

Hello there! Thank you for reaching out. We apologize for any trouble caused, but please know that we have escalated the issue to the team handling the repair service. Please keep an eye on your email for any updates. Thank you for your patience.
2023-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules