DJI Mini SE Drifting
1796 8 2022-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ravi8i
lvl.1

Tanzania

Hello team,

I have this new Drone Mini SE for last 3 months and happy with it flying Indoor only.
However today I have noted that it started drifting to left, tried caliburation but did not help.

Can someone guide me on the following:-

1. How to fix the drifting issue
2. How to completely reset my drone & controller

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Ravi
2022-10-29
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

How strong was the lighting indoors? It needs to be relatively good for the VPS to work. In addition it needs a suitable surface below the drone so that the VPS can correct movement. See pages 15 & 16 of the manual.
2022-10-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Ravi8i. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry to read what happened. Are you getting any error messages? May I ask what calibration have you performed so far? Resetting will not help you resolve the issue. Please do the remote controller calibration instead along with the steps below:

1. Ensure that the aircraft mode is normal, i.e., the GPS signal is strong and the aircraft is in non-ATTI mode.
2. Check whether the device drift or unsteady hovering is within the hovering accuracy range, which is shown in the Specifications of the corresponding product on the DJI official website. You may also provide a video to help make a determination.
3. Please try another flight environment to test.
4. Check the propellers and the state of the motors. Check whether any motor rotates abnormally when the propellers are not mounted.
5. Confirm that there is no magnetic interference. It is recommended to place the aircraft on level ground for IMU calibration and compass calibration.
6. Check whether the control stick is being pushed. If the stick movement is offset, the remote controller should be calibrated. (Go Fly - Click the three dots on the upper right side - Control - RC Calibration)

If the issue persists after the above methods have been used, we recommend that you send your product back to DJI for testing. Our engineers will perform a detailed analysis upon receiving your product. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-10-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Forget indoors.
Chances are that the floor didn't have a suitable pattern/texture for the VPS to lock onto.
Take your drone outside and put it up >10 metres and see how the drone hovers.
2022-10-29
Use props
ravi8i
lvl.1

Tanzania

Labroides Posted at 10-29 14:26
Forget indoors.
Chances are that the floor didn't have a suitable pattern/texture for the VPS to lock onto.
Take your drone outside and put it up >10 metres and see how the drone hovers.

Thank you Labroides

However I have been using it indoor for last three months and it was very stable and steady. Drifting issue was never present earlier. Will take it outside and try
2022-10-29
Use props
ravi8i
lvl.1

Tanzania

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-29 12:06
Hi, Ravi8i. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry to read what happened. Are you getting any error messages? May I ask what calibration have you performed so far? Resetting will not help you resolve the issue. Please do the remote controller calibration instead along with the steps below:

1. Ensure that the aircraft mode is normal, i.e., the GPS signal is strong and the aircraft is in non-ATTI mode.

Dear DJI Gamora

There is no error message on the controller it starts well but within 2 minutes is slowly starts to drift. I have done the Controler caliburation but did not help.

But all of them were performed indoor, I will take it outside and recaliburate and test using the steps you recommended. Will provide feedback at the earliest.
2022-10-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

ravi8i Posted at 10-29 17:45
Dear DJI Gamora

There is no error message on the controller it starts well but within 2 minutes is slowly starts to drift. I have done the Controler caliburation but did not help.

I will take it outside and recaliburate
There's no need to recalibrate anything.
The things you could recalibrate won't make any difference anyway.
2022-10-29
Use props
djiuser_2VATPGXLhSl2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25440 ft
Ireland

That is usually caused by bad lighting or bad signal connection. Flying indoors is not great because the controller and drone can't connect to satellites. This could be the reason it is drifting
2022-11-13
Use props
cyan
Ban Posts
Flight distance : 202326 ft
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
1-7 16:56
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules