Recording Audio In (From a DJ Mixer) to Osmo Action 3 / Via DJI Mic?
2676 5 2022-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GG4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6444 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

I would like to record audio from an Allen and Heath DJ mixer "record" out (stereo RCA) or "output 2" (stereo 6mm TRS) into my DJI Osmo Action 3 camera. I have tried a dual RCA female to single 3.5mm TRS -> which then connects to a female 3.5mm TRS to USB C -> this gets plugged into the Action 3.

In this setup, the mic icon appears on Action 3 and goes red to signal audio is clipping. I've turned the gain down on Action 3 to 0dB and still issue persists. The recorded video's audio is just static when I play it back.

Any ideas to get this resolved? Ideally would like to record stereo from the mixer into the Action 3. Was thinking that possibley the DJI Mic could be a solution - for example plugging the RCA outs from the record port on mixer into the TRS ports on the receiver (with an RCA to TRS cable).

Anyone got other suggestions or know if this proposed solution could work?

SOS please help!
Thanks!
2022-10-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, GG4. Thank you for reaching out.  Please try to isolate the issue by following the steps below:
1. Please check if the connections are correct and the cables are firmly connected, cross check the TRS to RCA cable,  RC cable adapter, as well as connection on the DJ mixer are all correct. Try different cables if you have a spare.  (DJI's recommended cable is Boya BY-K9)
2. Please make sure that the gain on the OSMO ACTION 3 is set to 0db;
3. Please make sure the firmware has been updated to the latest of the OSMO ACTION 3;
4. If after the above settings, the issue still persists, pls provide the firmware version of the camera, the serial number of the camera, the operation video showing the issue, and the footage recorded for further checking.  Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-10-31
Use props
GG4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6444 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-31 09:47
Hi, GG4. Thank you for reaching out.  Please try to isolate the issue by following the steps below:
1. Please check if the connections are correct and the cables are firmly connected, cross check the TRS to RCA cable,  RC cable adapter, as well as connection on the DJ mixer are all correct. Try different cables if you have a spare.  (DJI's recommended cable is Boya BY-K9)
2. Please make sure that the gain on the OSMO ACTION 3 is set to 0db;

Thanks using  TRRS works but still sound quality is poor. Hoping DJI release an audio input device or cable (like GoPro cable OR the OSMO pocket audio to USB-C adapter) for the Action 3. Seems like something alot of people would need/use/benefit from.
2022-11-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

GG4 Posted at 11-4 07:46
Thanks using  TRRS works but still sound quality is poor. Hoping DJI release an audio input device or cable (like GoPro cable OR the OSMO pocket audio to USB-C adapter) for the Action 3. Seems like something alot of people would need/use/benefit from.

Hi, GG4. Thank you for the update and for bringing this information with us. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the engineers' evaluation, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-11-5
Use props
Dj SoulStaR SA
New
South Africa

Good day I have the same problem now recently got the Osmo 3  and I don't know what to do anymore
2023-9-13
Use props
Dj SoulStaR SA
New
South Africa

DJI Gamora Posted at 2022-10-31 09:47
1. Please check if the connections are correct and the cables are firmly connected, cross check the TRS to RCA cable,  RC cable adapter, as well as connection on the DJ mixer are all correct. Try different cables if you have a spare.  (DJI's recommended cable is Boya BY-K9)
2. Please make sure that the gain on the OSMO ACTION 3 is set to 0db;

I bought the Boya BY-K9 but still nothing maybe my dj Mixer (Pioneer 350)
2023-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules