Osmo pocket 2 firmware update
3835 17 2022-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_FPAe4PKvsgcE
lvl.2
France

Hello. I have a problem with my osmo pocket 2. I am unable to update. I know it is possible to do it by PC. Could someone send me the latest firmware please? Thanks
2022-10-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, djiuser_FPAe4PKvsgcE.  Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry about the inconvenience. Below are some notes and recommended troubleshooting steps to fix the issue:

[Notes]
• Before updating, ensure that the battery level of the device is above 50%.
• Before updating the firmware, be sure to insert a microSD card (corresponding model: Osmo Action/Osmo Pocket 2/Osmo Pocket)
• While updating, do not power off the device or disconnect the USB cable. Otherwise, the update may fail.
• During updating, it is normal that the screen is grayed out and shows a warning stating that the update progress is XX%, and the image transmission view may appear. Do nothing before the update is completed to avoid affecting the normal updating process.

Troubleshooting Steps:
1. Please make sure that the app version is the latest version (for iOS devices, enter the App Store update list to check whether it needs to be updated and for Android devices, enter an app store to check whether it needs to be updated).
2. Confirm that the mobile device network is normal during the firmware update, a microSD card with a capacity greater than 100M is inserted, and the mobile phone is connected to the DJI Pocket 2 via a smartphone adapter.
3. Please disconnect the DJI Pocket 2 from the mobile device and reconnect the device to update the firmware again.
4. Restart the DJI Pocket 2 and launch the DJI Mimo app to update the firmware again;
5. Please update the firmware via a microSD card. After the firmware update is completed, delete the firmware package (bin file) in the microSD card. (I will DM you the link)

Remarks: Updating DJI Pocket 2 using a microSD card:
a. Connect the microSD card to DJI Pocket 2 using a USB-C cable or connect the microSD card to a computer with a card reader. Copy the firmware package to the microSD card root directory.

b. After copying, if a card reader is used for copying, insert the microSD card into the DJI Pocket 2 card slot for automatic firmware updating. After the update has been completed, connect to the computer and delete the firmware package. When the SD card is inserted into the DJI Pocket 2, please connect the DJI Pocket 2 to the computer to delete the firmware package. When the SD card is unplugged from the DJI Pocket 2, please connect the SD card to the computer via card reader and delete the firmware package.

Thank you for your valued support.
2022-10-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

There is no way someone 'sends' you an update (afaik).
Let us know where you get stuck in the process.
2022-10-30
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 10-30 23:39
There is no way someone 'sends' you an update (afaik).
Let us know where you get stuck in the process.

There is a thread at https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=245622 where multiple prople have requested an update to the Pocket 2, after which some of the DJI representatives have sent it to them as a PM. But there might not be similar cases available with just the basic users, and there even have been reports of harmful hacked firmware being sent through unofficial sources.
2022-10-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 10-31 10:11
There is a thread at https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=245622 where multiple prople have requested an update to the Pocket 2, after which some of the DJI representatives have sent it to them as a PM. But there might not be similar cases available with just the basic users, and there even have been reports of harmful hacked firmware being sent through unofficial sources.

Ok, I only know of updating via the app.
2022-10-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 10-31 10:11

PS, for a second I thought there was an update coming
2022-10-31
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 10-31 10:34
Ok, I only know of updating via the app.

Not wondering that as they really didn't advertise updating through PC until this thread appeared.
2022-10-31
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 10-31 10:35
PS, for a second I thought there was an update coming

They did mention at some point that they had something at beta stage and were even sharing it to willful participants on the forums through PMs, but it has been a very long time since the last time they mentioned something about it. Not sure if they have scrapped it.
2022-10-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 10-31 10:49
They did mention at some point that they had something at beta stage and were even sharing it to willful participants on the forums through PMs, but it has been a very long time since the last time they mentioned something about it. Not sure if they have scrapped it.

I hope they do release it (if it is any good )
2022-10-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 10-31 10:48
Not wondering that as they really didn't advertise updating through PC until this thread appeared.

Aha, yes, that would be a way indeed.
I completely forgot.
2022-10-31
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 10-31 13:28
I hope they do release it (if it is any good  )

Any upgrades are nice, but I'd rather keep the old firmware if the new one has some bugs or other problems. For me, it's not the end of the world if there won't be any newer updates, but if there was, I certainly wouldn't object to that.
2022-11-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 11-2 12:25
Any upgrades are nice, but I'd rather keep the old firmware if the new one has some bugs or other problems. For me, it's not the end of the world if there won't be any newer updates, but if there was, I certainly wouldn't object to that.

I do have some wishes, but I doubt they will release something.
2022-11-3
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 11-3 01:07
I do have some wishes, but I doubt they will release something.

Yeah, I too have a suspicion they are holding it back to have more sell points for the Pocket 3
2022-11-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 11-3 06:41
Yeah, I too have a suspicion they are holding it back to have more sell points for the Pocket 3

Exactly my thoughts.
2022-11-3
Use props
Videodorant
New
Belgium

I have the same problem. Do you have a solution yet?
2023-1-29
Use props
Cloudcomplex
New

Moldova

DJI Gamora Posted at 2022-10-29 15:38
Hello, djiuser_FPAe4PKvsgcE.  Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry about the inconvenience. Below are some notes and recommended troubleshooting steps to fix the issue:

[Notes]

Can you please DM me the link as well?

I have done all the needed steps, updated everything.
The device just wont activate.

I would like to try and update the firwire on the divice.

In case you have any other advice on how to deal with this problem, please DM me as well.

The device is a Pocket 2 Exclusive Combo.

Thx
IMG_5877.PNG
2023-3-16
Use props
speaknut
New

United States

Can someone tell me what is the latest firmware for pocket 2 ?
2023-4-30
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

speaknut Posted at 4-30 09:02
Can someone tell me what is the latest firmware for pocket 2 ?

I think there have been no new revisions after the one mentioned here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-232942-1-1.html
2023-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules