DJI Smart Controller - does it support Optical HDMI Cable Power?
806 1 2022-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlorianR
lvl.1

Austria

Hello,
does the HDMI Port at the DJI Smart Controller support HDMI Cable Power? Specifically I want to use an Optical HDMI Cable, which requires to be powered by the HDMI Port. I want to use a optical HDMI Cable because I need to span 10-20m between the Screen for the operation controllers and the Pilot, and the Screen is mounted inside a car with a lot of electronics and interference.

I tried that optical HDMI cable at my Laptop and my Nintendo without problems, but as soon as I connect it to the DJI Smart Controller the Controller Screen flickers as it maybe detects und undetects the HDMI every few seconds, but it is not working. I couldn't find any specifications for the Smart Controller HDMI Port in the Manual or on the Website.
A normal HDMI port afaik should power 5V/50mA and with cable power (https://www.hdmi.org/spec21sub/cablepower) even more afaik 300mA - does anyone know if that is supported? Does anyone know optical HDMI Cables that work on a Smart Controller? Mine is from FIBBR and it doesn't.

Thank you very much!

2022-10-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We may need to coordinate this with the designated team for further clarification. We will keep you posted once we have the needed information. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules