4229 125 2022-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Beta5K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196880 ft
United States

vz10 Posted at 11-7 05:42
Did anyone check  if MP3 broadcasting its data always or only when it uses extended battery that makes it >250g weight? Because according to the rules You don't need remote Id for

I doubt the electronics in the battery (standard vs plus) will trigger RID. I think its tied to the drone firmware itself.
But maybe I'm wrong. I haven't upgraded to the new firmware and don't have any plus batteries.
2022-11-7
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

vz10 Posted at 11-7 05:42
Did anyone check  if MP3 broadcasting its data always or only when it uses extended battery that makes it >250g weight? Because according to the rules You don't need remote Id for

ive heard if you put the drone on a scale before you launch it and it reads under 250g, rid will actually shut off and you can take off without it as long as you launch from the scale because the faa says you don't need rid if you weigh under 250g according to the rules.

/s /s /s /s

2022-11-7
Use props
JLB768
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1259715 ft
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 11-1 01:08
Basically a few drone pilots have to get robbed or killed before Hallmark will concede public broadcasting of the data is a bad idea.

Odd thing is, one or two robbed or killed drone pilots would be more serious drone incidents/deaths than sparked the birth of the entire RID concept.  Just another giant power grab by your friendly benevolent government.  A solution in search of a problem...

I'm not sure many criminals will single out drone users, but anything's possible. Only time I went flying, and felt compelled to carry a firearm, was when I went out to film Tulip Trestle. Tulip Trestle sits in a county that's been roughed up by drug use, always have a 4" ported 44 mag when in that county.
2022-11-8
Use props
PhantomX
lvl.3
United States

I reluctantly updated my M3P to the latest firmware. Thankfully, my drone does not appear to be broadcasting on Drone Scanner yet.
2022-11-22
Use props
SpectreOne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 79659 ft
United States

PhantomX Posted at 11-22 08:41
I reluctantly updated my M3P to the latest firmware. Thankfully, my drone does not appear to be broadcasting on Drone Scanner yet.

Mine doesn't seem to be sending any data as well.
2022-11-22
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

This is the response I received from DJI when I imquired as to which drones are broadcasting currently.
Hi, Ken. Thanks for your inquiry! At the moment, the DJI drones with FAA RID-compliant firmware are the DJI Air 2S, Mini 3 Pro, and the Mavic 3 Enterprise. Future updates may support the other DJI drones. To get more details, you may check this link: {https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 48&extra=page=1}. Let me know if you need further clarification. Have a nice day!
2022-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules