lost signal at 30mt and video corrupted
900 20 2022-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Tbsoa1HE270B
lvl.2
Italy

goodmorning to everyone and thanks to the further answers.

i got avata, i'm at 5th fly.
every was good until today.
i flew for the second time in the same location (a long beach without any kind of obstacles). yesterday i flew without problem going far til +150mt...today the signal was lost two times: or better..i didint have some scattering or some advice of low signal:
the googles just suddenly freeze two times, in the middle of flight. the first time like a 30mt far from me, i could perfectly see the drone and ear it, the second time like a 100mt in a bad place where i dont know how avata get out and do the RTH (it was under a balcony with roof i dont know what he did)
to get the signal again i had to run toward the drone and wait to have video back like after 20/30 seconds of video freeze. the motion controller in this moment was unable to send commands. drone hovering, goggles freezed or reconnectin and motion control not working.
and this is the second part: why i dont know what i did? because avata also corrupted the video files. so at the moment is impossible to see the video from the drone but even to the pc.

so...i risked two time to lost a brand new drone even if it was so close to see it and ear it. and it even does not record..or better, it does record but the files are not readble.
after all there was an dawn shooting, i just get up at 5 o clock to do those recordings.
2022-10-30
Use props
djiuser_Tbsoa1HE270B
lvl.2
Italy

i dont know why but the forum erease a part of the post

anyway thing to know
all the batteries was at 100%
the first freeze happen when the drone was around 90%
all the antennas raised (googles 2)
not obstacles between me at the drone
2022-10-30
Use props
djiuser_Tbsoa1HE270B
lvl.2
Italy

update

the video files are completely corrupted not possibility to recover 0kb of space, no data.
thanks dji, woke up at 5 walk one hour to do dawn shooting, come back with the fear of losing a drone and no footages

THANKS DJI
2022-10-30
Use props
YoulluPukki
lvl.2
Flight distance : 346972 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Heard smthng similar about mini3 with slow SD card&

Do you have SD card in Avata? What model it is if you have?
2022-10-30
Use props
djiuser_Tbsoa1HE270B
lvl.2
Italy

YoulluPukki Posted at 10-30 01:06
Heard smthng similar about mini3 with slow SD card&

Do you have SD card in Avata? What model it is if you have?
i dont this this should be SD problem for two reason
1. ok that not recorded video but is it possible that get crash and freeze the video signal to goggles?dont think so
2. this SD if fast already tested with my mavic air 2 and my osmo poket

this is a big issue, not a problem that you will fix switching on and off the drone

and as i wrote yesterday (and all the fly before) i flew and recorded without problems
2022-10-30
Use props
Waden
lvl.2
Flight distance : 192661 ft
Switzerland

You said no obstacle but “under a balcony” they could be signal reflection that leads to jamming the transmission.

Do you have any electronic device on yourself jamming the signal ?

As soon as I had a few files on the SD card of the Goggles 2 I got the message write speed too low and no recording was made anymore …
I format the SD card and it was ok again for a few recordings.
2022-10-30
Use props
djiuser_Tbsoa1HE270B
lvl.2
Italy

Waden Posted at 10-30 01:26
You said no obstacle but “under a balcony” they could be signal reflection that leads to jamming the transmission.

Do you have any electronic device on yourself jamming the signal ?

i didnt have any device with me. only avata stuff.
i dont think the balcony makes problem because yestarday i did the same move, but in any case the first freeze was at 30mt from me at 5mt high without ANYTHING between us

anyway as i said yesterday fly ok recording ok with same stuff location and conditions
2022-10-30
Use props
Waden
lvl.2
Switzerland

You may choose manually a different channel and see the differences.
2022-10-30
Use props
djiuser_Tbsoa1HE270B
lvl.2
Italy

Waden Posted at 10-30 01:36
You may choose manually a different channel and see the differences.

how can i do that? and why? auto channels are not good?
2022-10-30
Use props
djiuser_Tbsoa1HE270B
lvl.2
Italy

anyway this is "the balcony". sorry i'm not english spoken i couldnt better describe it
it is open on 3 sides and i was in the opened direction. on the roof just fabric. if this makes reflection and makes freezing and RTH i really would like to know how i will use avata to get inside some building? (at should be the cinewhoop normal use???)
20221030_104141.jpg
2022-10-30
Use props
Waden
lvl.2
Switzerland

Nice place to fly
The auto choose channel at a specific take off point is not always the best one !
Especially when you are approaching this building with the balcony. There is maybe a Wifi jamming the channel so by manually choosing a specific channel slightly offset you can avoid the signal jamming …
2022-10-30
Use props
djiuser_Tbsoa1HE270B
lvl.2
Italy

Waden Posted at 10-30 02:02
Nice place to fly
The auto choose channel at a specific take off point is not always the best one !
Especially when you are approaching this building with the balcony. There is maybe a Wifi jamming the channel so by manually choosing a specific channel slightly offset you can avoid the signal jamming …
please consider ALL the issues not one by one. the first freeze was near to me, REALLY  near. so stop to point to this balcony. anyway i'm in an empty beach, no wifi, no buildings opened.everytuing here is closed.

anyway if you like that location, imagine that i lost a sunrise between those rocks just because i got files with 0kb
16671244222428389144914157878192.jpg
2022-10-30
Use props
djiuser_Tbsoa1HE270B
lvl.2
Italy

after all consider that i had i other past flight some VERY LITTLE problem of signal (due to the distance) and i had all the time to recover (at the beginnig some little shutter, with bad signal, and just need to get near and everything get fix FAST)

here i had a FULL FREEZE of goggles, without any shutter or advice, BOOOOM freezed. and even if i get closer (i was close as i said 30mt, but i get closer) the goggles still freezed and the drone hovering not recieving any command from the controller. so is not due to distance, it seemes that it needed time to reboot something.

so this NOT SEEMS at all problem of transmission. this is a crash
2022-10-30
Use props
Waden
lvl.2
Switzerland

Video + RC problem !
Reload the firmware and re-link all the devices.
2022-10-30
Use props
djiuser_Tbsoa1HE270B
lvl.2
Italy

Waden Posted at 10-30 05:03
Video + RC problem !
Reload the firmware and re-link all the devices.

this could be a way. i'll try, thanks.

do you think is possible that this situation makes random error like this? because as i said, the flights before were perfect...
2022-10-30
Use props
Waden
lvl.2
Switzerland

It’s possible !
I have 50 flights and no problem …
2022-10-30
Use props
djiuser_Tbsoa1HE270B
lvl.2
Italy

Waden Posted at 10-30 05:36
It’s possible !
I have 50 flights and no problem …

this is not a worty answer. if you didint have the issue what means that you got no problems!?
2022-10-30
Use props
djiuser_Tbsoa1HE270B
lvl.2
Italy

UPDATE:
1. in internet and dji forums is WELL know that goggle 2 freeze. it freeze with the simulator and freeze with the drone. so, as i noticed, stop thinking that is a trasmission issue. it was already clear that was a bug. just tryna to understan if was goggles problem or drone problem.
2. i've tried to recover the video files. i did with cmd, i did the drone trick, used windows analysis, i used wondershare recoverit no way. footages completely lost and it's strange that neither in the memory drone (i said to write both) i got files.

those are one problem that make those two issues, or are two distinct problems?

in any case i refreshed all the firmwares, i will test the drone and let you know.

2022-10-30
Use props
djiuser_Tbsoa1HE270B
lvl.2
Italy

ok guys second update (solved????)

refresh ALL the firmwares (noone was updated but i refresh'em all with dji assistant commercial drones specific one for avata)
format SD (from avata)

flight in the same place same condition same hour and same balcony

no issues, no shutter, perfect transmission, no freeze, video stored.

hope this will last, and not is a random error

anyway no issues with the sim nither before than after the refresh of firms

thanks to everyone
cheers
20221031_070311.jpg
2022-10-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and can you please try to fly your DJI drone to a different location with less interference and please stay within the line of sight to isolate the issue. The DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. Thank you.

2022-10-30
Use props
djiuser_Tbsoa1HE270B
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-30 23:47
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and can you please try to fly your DJI drone to a different location with less interference and please stay within the line of sight to isolate the issue. The DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. Thank you.
hi stephen thanks to write but seems that you comes late. have you read all my update? seems no. please do it.
we clearly show that is not problem of trasmission, because if you has read, i'm in an empty beach without any signal or phisic obstacles.
this issue must referr to the well know freezing issue of the goggles 2 so stop to point in the trasmission direction. the drone was really near and as i said i did not have any kind of behaviour (like shuttering or bad signal before) just suddenly freezed, and getting closer to the drone (that even was far 30mt) dont fix the problem, i had to wait several seconds.

anyway i dont understand what you means with MOBILE DEVICE. it's avata, no mobiles connected while flying
2022-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules