found issues
694 8 2022-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bruik
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34797 ft
Netherlands

Really happy with my Avata. However, so far I found 2 issues.

1 the record switch to start filming does not work properly. Sometimes it does, often it doesn't. The drone than doesn't respond to input from the record switch. It has to be a software issue because the same problem occurs if I try to start filming using the menu from the goggles.

2 the low battery auto return home is very aggressive. If the low battery warning comes on the drone immediately goes in RTH and starts climbing. There is no time to react. This also happens indoors and the drone gets stuck under the roof increasing the rotorspeed because it's not able to climb.

Any suggestions?
Does anyone know if we can expect a software update soon?
2022-10-30
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Turn on auto record in the settings. As soon as you take off it auto records.
2022-10-30
Use props
bruik
lvl.1
Netherlands

Visual Air Posted at 10-30 05:32
Turn on auto record in the settings. As soon as you take off it auto records.

Yes, that's a good workaround but the switch should work. It's also used for switching between video and photo mode.
2022-10-30
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

bruik Posted at 10-30 05:40
Yes, that's a good workaround but the switch should work. It's also used for switching between video and photo mode.

Agreed. Are you using the motion controller?
2022-10-30
Use props
bruik
lvl.1
Netherlands

Yes, but I don't think that is the issue because turning the camera on or switching between video and photo via the menu in the goggles gives the same problem.
2022-10-30
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Be sure to check if you also  IF it records on the goggles if you can find the video files in the goggles after recording. The goggles act weird of the card isnt formatted correct and glitched a few times.
2022-10-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Bruik. Thank you for reaching out. We're sorry for the unpleasant experience. Regretfully, we don't have any information on when the new update will be available. If the issue with the record switch happens on the Goggles and Motion Controller, you may consider refreshing the firmware using DJI Assistant 2. Kindly connect the devices one at a time to your PC then run the update. You may download the software from this link: DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/avata

For the Low Battery RTH, it can be canceled by the remote control devices. For the motion controller, you may use the Lock Button - press it once to cancel the low battery rth when the countdown appears in the goggles

Please note that a critical battery level cant be canceled. Once Low Battery RTH is canceled, it may trigger flight accident risks. To avoid accidents, it is recommended that the customer returns their aircraft to the Home Point manually in a timely manner after the first cancellation of RTH. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-10-30
Use props
bruik
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-30 09:31
Hi, Bruik. Thank you for reaching out. We're sorry for the unpleasant experience. Regretfully, we don't have any information on when the new update will be available. If the issue with the record switch happens on the Goggles and Motion Controller, you may consider refreshing the firmware using DJI Assistant 2. Kindly connect the devices one at a time to your PC then run the update. You may download the software from this link: DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/avata

For the Low Battery RTH, it can be canceled by the remote control devices. For the motion controller, you may use the Lock Button - press it once to cancel the low battery rth when the countdown appears in the goggles

Thank you for your advise.
I will try this and I'll let you know if it worked
2022-10-30
Use props
bruik
lvl.1
Netherlands

bruik Posted at 10-30 09:54
Thank you for your advise.
I will try this and I'll let you know if it worked

Reinstalling the firmware, even though there was no firmware update, seems to have solved the issue with the recording button.
2022-10-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules