Has the max transmission distance improved since launch?
811 5 2022-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Parisi2274
Second Officer
Flight distance : 211043 ft
United States

Hey All

Now that this controller is compatible with the Air 2S, I was wondering if the real world transmission distance has improved since launch?  I've been watching several videos on YT about this controller from when it first came out and most videos seem to agree that the max transmission distance is about 1000m, maybe 1100m in good conditions.  I am not sure I would need it more than that for normal drone flights, but there are occasions where I like to send my drone out over the water and out to a small radio tower about 1150m away from my location.  I know its close to the 1000m threshold, but we all know how finnicky these things are... So, anyone who has been using this controller since it launched have you noticed any significiant improvements in max transmission range with FW updates?

Thanks
2022-10-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Hope that you could get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI members regarding your post. In addition, the DJI Air2s max transmission distance in an open area without interference would be FCC 12 km; CE 8 km; SRRC 8 km; MIC 8 km. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-10-30
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 10-30 17:38
Didn't get mine until late July with .0300 RC firmware.  She rocks in FCC mode.

https://youtu.be/jdfGQZfOWFA

You are fast becoming the world expert of flying over that bridge. Good on you! Next time do it blindfolded ;-)
2022-10-30
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

Dirty Bird Posted at 10-30 17:38
Didn't get mine until late July with .0300 RC firmware.  She rocks in FCC mode.

https://youtu.be/jdfGQZfOWFA

The drone was flying at an angle. Did the wind blow the drone?
2022-10-31
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

Dirty Bird Posted at 10-31 12:54
You can tell the wind direction from the waves.  The drone was leaning to starboard to counteract the crosswind.

Did you have to align your course during the flight?
2022-10-31
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961437 ft
Italy

I’ve just purchased the DJI RC for using with the Air 2s. Based on my test, it seems to have the same range as the RC-N1. In CE managed to reach 2,1 Km, in an area with some interferences.
2022-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules