924 39 2022-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+15 camera tilt with camera on auto, super wide view, manual mode with controller 2. 100% total control here and loved every second of it. Getting to really love this little fella -

2022-10-30
Use props
Ross14
Second Officer
Czechia

Super
2022-10-30
Use props
MAF178
Second Officer
  • >>>
Kuwait

Knock on wood corey  
you fly this thing like a pregnant hawk who is searching for the right place to egg down Wahaha
2022-10-30
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Again very bad video quality. Funny you never respond on what you use to edit/export the videos. But this is really crappy encoder settings. Keyframe-jumping is very visisble and in between very blocky.
I thought in the garage video you "kinda" fixed it, but there wasnt enough detail to be sure. Your video is bitrate-starving because of foliage.
2022-10-30
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14860804 ft
United States

I loved it. I wonder how good it would look if you did a chase of another one in the woods?
2022-10-30
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MAF178 Posted at 10-30 12:14
Knock on wood corey  
you fly this thing like a pregnant hawk who is searching for the right place to egg down Wahaha

Good analogy for my flying dude. Made me laugh this. Nice one
2022-10-30
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nees Posted at 10-30 21:20
Again very bad video quality. Funny you never respond on what you use to edit/export the videos. But this is really crappy encoder settings. Keyframe-jumping is very visisble and in between very blocky.
I thought in the garage video you "kinda" fixed it, but there wasnt enough detail to be sure. Your video is bitrate-starving because of foliage.

Blah, blah, blah. Why not keep your mouth shut or post constructively then. Obviously one of the Experts as per usual. Jesus, everyone’s a critic these days.
2022-10-30
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

If actually happened, what is the reason for using the M mode here?  
With the Motion Controller in Sport Mode, this works just as well and is a whole lot easier to master...

I really hope you don't misunderstand my question...!
2022-10-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Superb flying!
2022-10-30
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks as ever dude. +10 camera tilt is good and gives you a decent speed but trying +15 really makes a difference. The control is still there 100% and is still super efficient. I know it's only a quite short video but all the same, with more speed etc it still only used 1 blob of battery on the battery level indicator.
2022-10-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

CoreyB10 Posted at 10-31 00:15
Thanks as ever dude. +10 camera tilt is good and gives you a decent speed but trying +15 really makes a difference. The control is still there 100% and is still super efficient. I know it's only a quite short video but all the same, with more speed etc it still only used 1 blob of battery on the battery level indicator.

You're welcome!
I'm have 0 experience with fpv, why does the tilt of the camera make a difference in efficiency?
2022-10-31
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

frankymusik Posted at 10-30 22:56
With the Motion Controller in Sport Mode, this works just as well and is a whole lot easier to master...

I only fly in manual mode and do not like the automatic banking that normal and sport modes offer. The system over compensates compared to flying in manual mode with the controller 2. I have been flying full FPV for 6yrs now and just don't like the way it takes control. Even on small gentle turns, I found it horrible and too out of my control. You also have more control with the controller 2 than with the motion controller. When I 1st got this to test, I tried both normal and sport for literally 30seconds each before switching to manual mode. As soon as I did that, I could see the potential of the drone. Another point to note is that manual mode is not possible with the motion controller. I also fly the FPV Drone with the controller 2, but do use sport mode, but have also turned off auto-banking on that, as I just don't like it at all. I just don't see the motion controller as an option due to my experience flying manual / freestyle. In saying that, there is in no way any dig or negativity toward any other pilots who do prefer the motion controller. This more or less explains it perfectly - https://www.getfpv.com/learn/fpv ... ll-throttle-flight/
2022-10-31
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 10-31 00:19
You're welcome!
I'm have 0 experience with fpv, why does the tilt of the camera make a difference in efficiency?

So, the angle of the camera kind of dictates how much throttle you need to keep the horizon in view. It's more or less like the flight of a helicopter. The more forward tilt of the drone (or uptitle of the camera), the more throttle is required to keep the horizon in view and to stop it from crashing into the ground. Zero tilt (level camera angle) for slow and steady and positive tilt (upwards tilt) for more speed. The idea is for the horizon to be visible either middle view or top 3rd of view. It's kind of hard to explain but that's a basic explanation. If you tilt the drone forward without enough throttle, it will pile into the ground.
2022-10-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

CoreyB10 Posted at 10-31 00:31
So, the angle of the camera kind of dictates how much throttle you need to keep the horizon in view. It's more or less like the flight of a helicopter. The more forward tilt of the drone (or uptitle of the camera), the more throttle is required to keep the horizon in view and to stop it from crashing into the ground. Zero tilt (level camera angle) for slow and steady and positive tilt (upwards tilt) for more speed. The idea is for the horizon to be visible either middle view or top 3rd of view. It's kind of hard to explain but that's a basic explanation. If you tilt the drone forward without enough throttle, it will pile into the ground.

Ah, I see.
Does the Avata compensate for this automatically, or do you need to do this yourself (add more upward motion)
2022-10-31
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 10-31 00:36
Ah, I see.
Does the Avata compensate for this automatically, or do you need to do this yourself (add more upward motion)

No mate. In manual mode, the gloves are off. The nice comfortable stability is all switched off It's all down to the pilot and throttle management to keep it going, in the air and sweet.
2022-10-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

CoreyB10 Posted at 10-31 00:42
No mate. In manual mode, the gloves are off. The nice comfortable stability is all switched off It's all down to the pilot and throttle management to keep it going, in the air and sweet.

Oh boy.
I would crash this thing in a second
2022-10-31
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 10-31 00:56
Oh boy.
I would crash this thing in a second

Crashed it 3 times now and all good. The battery also stayed in the drone on all 3 crashes. Brick wall, concrete block and a metal climbing frame. Couple of very minor scuffs, new set of props but all good other than that.
2022-10-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

CoreyB10 Posted at 10-31 01:04
Crashed it 3 times now and all good. The battery also stayed in the drone on all 3 crashes. Brick wall, concrete block and a metal climbing frame. Couple of very minor scuffs, new set of props but all good other than that.

That is good to hear.
2022-10-31
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

CoreyB10 Posted at 10-31 00:22
I only fly in manual mode and do not like the automatic banking that normal and sport modes offer. The system over compensates compared to flying in manual mode with the controller 2. I have been flying full FPV for 6yrs now and just don't like the way it takes control. Even on small gentle turns, I found it horrible and too out of my control. You also have more control with the controller 2 than with the motion controller. When I 1st got this to test, I tried both normal and sport for literally 30seconds each before switching to manual mode. As soon as I did that, I could see the potential of the drone. Another point to note is that manual mode is not possible with the motion controller. I also fly the FPV Drone with the controller 2, but do use sport mode, but have also turned off auto-banking on that, as I just don't like it at all. I just don't see the motion controller as an option due to my experience flying manual / freestyle. In saying that, there is in no way any dig or negativity toward any other pilots who do prefer the motion controller. This more or less explains it perfectly - https://www.getfpv.com/learn/fpv-essentials/fpv-camera-angle-full-throttle-flight/

Thanks!        
2022-10-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Invigorating footage Corey.    
2022-10-31
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

The woods seems to be the best venue for this bird. Great video!
2022-10-31
Use props
drones_bulgaria
lvl.3
Bulgaria

Again very bad video quality. Funny you never respond on what you use to edit/export the videos. But this is really crappy encoder settings. Keyframe-jumping is very visisble and in between very blocky.

So what ?! Why this world became so detailed on the things that... are not important and not so detailed on important things ?! The video is nice!!!
2022-10-31
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Belgium

CoreyB10 Posted at 10-30 22:33
Blah, blah, blah. Why not keep your mouth shut or post constructively then. Obviously one of the Experts as per usual. Jesus, everyone’s a critic these days.

Funny you are triggered while I'm explaining what is wrong with all your video posts and point out what you might check to improve the posts. It might just be a simple encoding setting. But you don't seem to like that constructive feedback and rather keep posting sub-par video quality... It's ashame you are wasting the quality the camera delivers.
2022-10-31
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KLRSKIR Posted at 10-31 05:11
The woods seems to be the best venue for this bird. Great video!

Only because the UK weather has turned to wind and rain. Taking refuge out of it is the best option at the moment buddy
2022-11-1
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

drones_bulgaria Posted at 10-31 15:15
So what ?! Why this world became so detailed on the things that... are not important and not so detailed on important things ?! The video is nice!!!

Thanks man. It always amuses me why people have to point out their expert views. The FPV groups are exactly the same. Wouldn't mind but he's come out of nowhere and started trolling. He'll get bored and bore someone else to death with his "Expert" opinion soon enough. Got another lousy flight processing now, don't know why I bother Another thing - Does this guy even fly, as he seems to like posting / commenting on other peoples video's.......
2022-11-1
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-31 03:24
Invigorating footage Corey.

Certainly enjoying exploring what she can do. Pity it's close to winter in the UK now and the weather's changed to wind and rain over the last few days.
2022-11-1
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Hey NESS, would you please post some of your own excellent and perfect videos?  I am sure everyone here would like to see and learn....or you are just a criticism expert?
2022-11-1
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
United States

Nees Posted at 10-31 22:35
Funny you are triggered while I'm explaining what is wrong with all your video posts and point out what you might check to improve the posts. It might just be a simple encoding setting. But you don't seem to like that constructive feedback and rather keep posting sub-par video quality... It's ashame you are wasting the quality the camera delivers.

I've had to deal with people like you on this and other forums.
Maybe it's a translation if you don't speak English. Maybe you just don't see it.

You insulted him 1st then pose a question and then continues to insult. Why? That is in no way helpful. Not to mention 1. he didn't ask you, 2. no one else asked you 3. you know he doesn't want the help the way your trying to give it.

This puts YOU in the realm of Karen.

I'd say don't be that but I get the feeling you've done it before. I can think of a lot of vids that would use some help and most of them mine. I've had people help and they've comes across nice and some as rude as you. Yes, the way you came across was rude. I've seen the other post also. It was for Corey so I said nothing. Not this time though

If you really want to help, leave out the lables, Trash and Garbage. But move on to someone else because the well is blacken here. He doesn't want your help.

Triggered is a good word. If it was your goal, congrats! If it was not, just say sorry and move on. Why fight on someone's post you don't even have to read? Again I think maybe you've done it before so this may be pointless by I thought I'd try
2022-11-1
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Belgium

SgtRay Posted at 11-1 09:40
I've had to deal with people like you on this and other forums.
Maybe it's a translation if you don't speak English. Maybe you just don't see it.

Please help me how I would bring this to someones attention that might help the person export their movies in a correct way. I'm very sensitive to issues in videos/artifacts. It's perhaps because i'm into photography I look at many details. For me this distracts me from the rest of the video, because my eyes keep looking at the artifacts...

I just dont understand noone else sees this or doesnt ask the question themselfs.

So again, please enlighten me how one should bring up the subject of the video quality, or can noone say anything when they see something off? Im not insulting him, he just started attacking me while im trying to understand what he uses as tools to edit, as this interests me, but oh boy, people get to offended to easy these days when you ask/wonder/point to something.

if someone would say that about my videos, I would be like: oh now that you point it out, I hadn't noticed it, Ill have a look and se where it goes wrong, because the original footage doesnt look like that...

Ohwell, Im not criticizing on him or his flying, just that the EXPORTED video quality is bad and people loose their minds! Great!
2022-11-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

CoreyB10 Posted at 11-1 07:19
Certainly enjoying exploring what she can do. Pity it's close to winter in the UK now and the weather's changed to wind and rain over the last few days.

Yeah, time to gear up for winter weather.  It sure does minimize the opportunities for flying.  
2022-11-1
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
United States

Nees Posted at 11-1 10:55
Please help me how I would bring this to someones attention that might help the person export their movies in a correct way. I'm very sensitive to issues in videos/artifacts. It's perhaps because i'm into photography I look at many details. For me this distracts me from the rest of the video, because my eyes keep looking at the artifacts...

I just dont understand noone else sees this or doesnt ask the question themselfs.

In the last post if you had left out calling the man's video trash and garbage that might helped. And ultimately even if you didn't like it, it's HIS video. If he didn't ask for your help that's one thing AND he didn't act like he wanted your help. At that point no matter what you think of the video it's HIS. Pushing your help off on someone is rude.

There are things that I'm passionate about also. But if the person I'm talking to doesn't want to hear it I'm not obligated to their ear or acknowledgment. So I move on
2022-11-1
Use props
drones_bulgaria
lvl.3
Bulgaria

CoreyB10 Posted at 11-1 07:18
Thanks man. It always amuses me why people have to point out their expert views. The FPV groups are exactly the same. Wouldn't mind but he's come out of nowhere and started trolling. He'll get bored and bore someone else to death with his "Expert" opinion soon enough. Got another lousy flight processing now, don't know why I bother Another thing - Does this guy even fly, as he seems to like posting / commenting on other peoples video's.......

Indeed Not only there. I think in all types of forums it's like that. Sadly there is no Ignore / Block Button

Yes, he does fly.
2022-11-4
Use props
drones_bulgaria
lvl.3
Bulgaria

Nees Posted at 11-1 10:55

I understand if he is into a professional photo or cinematography or whatever. I don't see him pleading on that. So If you have advice for someone, should be in PM and should start like this. "Hey! The video is nice, but you need to work a bit on ..this, this, and this. It will be more effective and even better" or whatever in a nice tone. That is how all this won't kill the actuality of this topic which is the video.
2022-11-4
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1757375 ft
  • >>>
United States

frankymusik Posted at 10-30 22:56

It's more fun in M mode
2022-11-4
Use props
Lucas626
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Spooky and amazing woods.  Great flying!
2022-11-4
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Drey. I Posted at 11-4 12:06
It's more fun in M mode

Naturally!
No question...     
2022-11-4
Use props
CoreyFPV
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

drones_bulgaria Posted at 11-4 11:15
Indeed  Not only there. I think in all types of forums it's like that. Sadly there is no Ignore / Block Button

Yes, he does fly.

He's of no interest to me and can climb back under the obviously superior rock he crawled out from under in the 1st place. Been posting on here for a few years now and no one has had the neck to comment as he has. Disrespectful and should keep his mouth shut or move onto someone else.
2022-11-5
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Getting tired of this purse fight showing up on top every time I visit this forum, how about just talk Avata? that's what this forum is about.  Also the guys that like to be on top topic and keep on bumping their posts are lame

Tip - When you spot an idiot, learn that you will never change him, it is a lost battle. Engaging an idiot is being another one

2022-11-5
Use props
CoreyFPV
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HDPS Posted at 11-5 09:24
Getting tired of this purse fight showing up on top every time I visit this forum, how about just talk Avata? that's what this forum is about.  Also the guys that like to be on top topic and keep on bumping their posts are lame

Tip - When you spot an idiot, learn that you will never change him, it is a lost battle. Engaging an idiot is being another one

Same on the FB groups buddy. Someone has a pop, they get a pop back and either get blocked or they move on. Sadly there's no block button on the DJI Forum.
2022-11-6
Use props
CoreyFPV
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SgtRay Posted at 10-30 21:42
I loved it. I wonder how good it would look if you did a chase of another one in the woods?

We need to team up and find out
2022-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules