DJI Assistant 2 Not Downloading Update
2043 9 2022-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MarkW703
lvl.1

United States

Hi - I recently purchased an Avata with Goggles V2. I've downloaded and installed the latest version (2.1.11) of DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series) but when I open the software, a popup notification comes up that says "Fixes certain issues and improves overall software stability". The only option I have at this point is to click the button that says "Start Update". The problem is that each time I do, I immediatley get an error message saying "Download failed. Please try again.". After trying again multiple times to no avail, I tried installing it on a different computer but still have the same problem. I'm running Windows 11 on both computers that I tried. Has anyone else run into this problem? If anyone has any idea how to fix this, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

2022-10-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, MarkW703. Thank you for reaching out and we apologize for the inconvenience. Rest assured that the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) is supported on Win11 system, and there is no system incompatibility issue. You may try uninstalling first the DJI Assistant 2, restart your PC, download the .EXE file again from https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/avata. Once installed please follow the steps below:
1. Power on the device. Connect the USB-C port of the device to the computer using the USB-C cable.
2. Launch DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series), and log in to your DJI account.
3. Click the icon of the device, and click the “Firmware Update” option on the left.
4. Select and confirm the firmware version.
5. The firmware will be downloaded and updated automatically.
6. The device will restart automatically after the firmware update is complete.
If the issue persists please let us know. Thank you for your cooperation and support.
2022-10-30
Use props
MarkW703
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-30 12:02
Hi, MarkW703. Thank you for reaching out and we apologize for the inconvenience. Rest assured that the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) is supported on Win11 system, and there is no system incompatibility issue. You may try uninstalling first the DJI Assistant 2, restart your PC, download the .EXE file again from https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/avata. Once installed please follow the steps below:
1. Power on the device. Connect the USB-C port of the device to the computer using the USB-C cable.
2. Launch DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series), and log in to your DJI account.

Hi DJI Gamora - Thanks for the reply but unfortunately the problem didn't go away. For whatever reason the software thinks it needs an update but it still doesn't download. I uninstalled it with uninstallation software that cleans out registry entries as well then I restarted the PC and downloaded the most current version again but still the same problem. I did the same on my laptop as well. It won't even let me accept the terms before I get the prompt to update. As soon as it appears I can only click update which then immediately tells me the download failed and to try again. Please let me know what can be done. Thanks, Mark  
2022-10-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

MarkW703 Posted at 10-30 14:29
Hi DJI Gamora - Thanks for the reply but unfortunately the problem didn't go away. For whatever reason the software thinks it needs an update but it still doesn't download. I uninstalled it with uninstallation software that cleans out registry entries as well then I restarted the PC and downloaded the most current version again but still the same problem. I did the same on my laptop as well. It won't even let me accept the terms before I get the prompt to update. As soon as it appears I can only click update which then immediately tells me the download failed and to try again. Please let me know what can be done. Thanks, Mark

Thank you for your response, MarkW703. We may need to forward this to our designated team for further checking. Please answer the form below and kindly PM it to me:

Operating System/Mac: Windows 11
DJI Assistant 2 Version:
Aircraft's current Firmware Version:
Goggles' current Firmware Version:
Controller's current Firmware Version:
DJI Email Account:
Aircraft's serial number:
Screenshot/Photo/Video of the issue:

We will keep you posted once we have an update. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Have a good one.
2022-10-30
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The latest version is 2.1.13 and it works on my windows 11.
Try to download the latest from DJI.
2022-10-30
Use props
MarkW703
lvl.1

United States

hungdang Posted at 10-30 15:54
The latest version is 2.1.13 and it works on my windows 11.
Try to download the latest from DJI.

Thanks for the info. I went to their website and can't see a newer version. Are you using the same assistant? The one I'm trying to use is for the Avata. The exact name is "DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series)" and the newest version I can find is 2.1.11 dated 8/25/22. Can you please send me a link? I really appreciate the help!
2022-10-30
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

MarkW703 Posted at 10-30 17:32
Thanks for the info. I went to their website and can't see a newer version. Are you using the same assistant? The one I'm trying to use is for the Avata. The exact name is "DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series)" and the newest version I can find is 2.1.11 dated 8/25/22. Can you please send me a link? I really appreciate the help!
Sorry, you are right that at the moment DJI only allowed to download version 2.1.11.
But I could update it to 2.1.13 by pressed on the Start Update button. (Note: I have un-installed then install it again, updated to 2.1.13, it worked).

I think you might have problem with your internet or security which stopped you to connected to the server which stored the 2.1.13 version.

Do you have enough free space in your hard disk?

I think you should try to use different internet provider (from friends or somewhere) to see if you can updated it.
If you still can’t then contact DJI support to ask for the latest version directly.

Good luck
2D28E3BC-244C-4E65-BE92-022707B96842.jpeg
25D36909-B437-4A0B-954D-6467288AE040.jpeg
FA82DEFB-518B-43ED-930E-6CB44A77086E.jpeg
2022-10-31
Use props
fans459f6b54
lvl.1
Flight distance : 105659 ft

Greece

I have exactly the same problem on a Mac. I have downloaded the dji Assistant  2(consumer drone) a few times. I have rebooted and installed the software. I have given Mac permission to dowload software from Joshua Wise. Each time I go into the assistant it has a newer version is available and I must update. Please help I am so frustrated. I am in Greece and I cannot fly the drone as the sensor are not working and need to be calibrated.
2023-8-19
Use props
Chris Podesta
New

Australia

i just purcahed a new DJI Mini 4,  the update fails on the assitant, the contoller the lot..  driving me nuts
2023-10-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Chris Podesta Posted at 10-23 02:18
i just purcahed a new DJI Mini 4,  the update fails on the assitant, the contoller the lot..  driving me nuts

Hello there. Sorry about the inconvenience. Are you getting an error message when trying to update the aircraft from Assistant 2?
2023-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules