Oh so many issues! Where to start?
2286 14 2022-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Z42A
lvl.1
Flight distance : 925807 ft
Canada

Bought an Avata a couple weeks ago. I've only flown it twice so far.

1) The firmware won't update, for the controller, goggles OR the aircraft. Gets as far as 70% then freezes and resets, or loses connection and I have to start all over again. Been trying for days to update through DJI Fly and no go. Aircraft eventually gets too hot from sitting still and directs me to turn it off and try again later when it's cooled off.

2) Assistant 2 won't open on my laptop (Mac) so that's no help.

3) Can't calibrate the IMU or gimbal. It SAYS it's starting the calibration, but then stays at 0% eternally.

4) Aircraft has a constant tilt to the left (hence the attempts to calibrate) that is not due to wind, and causes drift (won't sit stationary and hover in place).

5) Battery takes approximately 4 hours to recharge.

2022-10-30
Use props
MAF178
lvl.4
  • >>>
Kuwait

Bubble bath the avata with a baby johnson
2022-10-30
Use props
SgtRay
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14860804 ft
United States

Your going to have to use someone else's phone or computer. As for the batteries check the output of the source. The Batts charge faster on a high amp
2022-10-30
Use props
aoe2paladin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1823077 ft
  • >>>
United States

1) Try a different mobile device and ensure the device has at least 1GB of free space for the download - it is typically a large download and requires at least 5-10 minutes to complete, which also happens to be about the maximum time the aircraft likes to be on before getting hot.

2) Try downloading the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series) at the link below.  There are multiple versions of this software for some reason.  I had to restart my MAC after installation, be sure to allow the driver to install (macOS may ask for password).
https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series

3) Would try to get past the firmware update first

4) Try this indoors as I found that even when it feels like there is no wind, there is enough for the Avata to tilt to try to hold itself stationary.  Ensure that the aircraft is on a level surface before powering on.

5) The charger that comes with the kit will accept up to 45W (47 min per battery), the Charging Hub that comes with the Fly More kit will charge at 65W (34 min per battery).  In order to achieve these charge times, you must have a wall charger that supports the Power Delivery protocol and will output this amount of power (only use USB-C to USB-C cable that also supports this power capacity).  DJI offers a 65W charger, but there are plenty of other options at your favorite online retailers.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=277059
2022-10-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Z42A. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the issues that you're having. May I know what specific model of phone you have? The DJI Fly has a new update on Oct. 26, 2022, if your application is not updated yet, you may go to this link to update it. https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/avata

Notes:
· Please don't launch other apps during the firmware update of DJI Avata, during the update as it may cause the update failure. Once DJI Fly has been updated please run the update again. Kindly try to use other networks as well.
· Power on the aircraft, goggles, and remote control device. Make sure that all the devices are linked. Connect the USB-C port of the goggles to your smartphone, run the DJI Fly app, and follow the prompts to update.
· Restart the aircraft, remote controller, and goggles after the update is complete.
· Note that the update may reset various flight parameters such as the RTH altitude and the maximum flight distance. Before updating, take note of your preferred settings and readjust them after the update.
·   If the update fails restart the aircraft, remote controller, goggles, and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series), and try again.

The DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) is currently compatible with v11.0 or higher versions of Mac OS. May we ask what error did you get when you tried installing it? Please try to use another Mac or Windows PC as well to isolate the issue.

All other issues, calibration, constant tilt, and battery charging time might be associated with firmware versions that are not updated. Please perform the updates first then observe if issues persist. If you would like to have assistance while doing the updates, please feel free to contact our DJI support at http://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
2022-10-30
Use props
Z42A
lvl.1
Canada

The phone didn't make a difference. Latest version of DJI Fly and still the same issue.
Currently trying Assistant 2 (thanks for the correct link). Got it to work after some mucking about with my security settings. Attempting to upgrade the Goggles first... on the fifth attempt, and the same thing happens each time.... downloads the update, then stalls during transmission and loses USB connectivity when the goggle cooling fan kicks on and the goggles restart themselves without having been updated.
Starting attempt 6, as it just crashed again while typing this.
Update
Got the drone and controller updated, but the issues continue with the goggles. Lost count of how many times I've had to try by now...
2022-10-30
Use props
HDPS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

I could only finish the update after placing a fan in front of Avata to cool down, I guess you are using the V2 goggles....did you try before with Android or Apple? try another USB cable ....
2022-10-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Z42A Posted at 10-30 17:00
The phone didn't make a difference. Latest version of DJI Fly and still the same issue.
Currently trying Assistant 2 (thanks for the correct link). Got it to work after some mucking about with my security settings. Attempting to upgrade the Goggles first... on the fifth attempt, and the same thing happens each time.... downloads the update, then stalls during transmission and loses USB connectivity when the goggle cooling fan kicks on and the goggles restart themselves without having been updated.
Starting attempt 6, as it just crashed again while typing this.

Hi, Z42A. Thank you for the update. Please check whether the goggles’ power cable is not abnormal by following the steps below.

1. Insert the power cable into the goggles battery properly.
2. Press once and then press and hold the goggles’ Power Button to see if the battery can be powered on.
2.1 If the battery can be powered on, this indicates that the battery is functioning properly. Go to step 3.
2.2 If the battery cannot be powered on, use a charger to charge the goggles' battery. If the battery can be charged normally, this indicates that the goggles battery is functioning properly. A possible reason might be that there is an issue with the power cable.
3. After the battery is powered on, insert a DC power connector into the goggles' power port. If the goggles can be powered on, it indicates that there is no error. If the goggles cannot be powered on and fail to respond, a high probability is that there is an issue with the power cable (A low probability is that there is an issue with the goggles' hardware).
Note: If there is a multimeter, measure the positive and negative anodes of the power supply. If the output voltage is about 7.5 V, this is normal. If there is no output or the output fails to reach 7.5 V, this indicates that there is an error with the power cable.

Thank you for your cooperation.
2022-10-31
Use props
Z42A
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-31 08:43
Hi, Z42A. Thank you for the update. Please check whether the goggles’ power cable is not abnormal by following the steps below.

1. Insert the power cable into the goggles battery properly.

Thanks for the suggestion. The battery and power cable appear to be functioning, so far as I can tell.
2022-11-1
Use props
Z42A
lvl.1
Canada

Battery powers on.
Goggles V2 powers up.
Goggles will establish connection with drone and controller. Images sent from drone to the goggles.
Goggles firmware too early warning comes up, instructing to update.
Goggles connect to Assistant 2 with USB cable, and is recognized.
Firmware V01.03.000 downloads.
Goggles display "updating" graphic.
Assistant 2 pauses at 0% when it attempts to transmit.
After a few minutes, a failure notice appears with error code 5-100-4, OR the goggles appear to lose connection through the USB and the graphic instructing to insert the cable comes up as the goggles reset. Goggles must be powered off and then on again to connect to the computer after losing USB connectivity.
2022-11-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Z42A Posted at 11-1 12:33
Battery powers on.
Goggles V2 powers up.
Goggles will establish connection with drone and controller. Images sent from drone to the goggles.

Hi there. Thank you for the update and we're sorry to read that the issue still persists. Kindly follow the steps below for error 5-100-4:
1.  Disable System Integrity Protection(SIP)
Boot macOS in Recovery Mode. To do this, restart your computer and hold down the Command+R (⌘+R) keys simultaneously until entering Recovery mode. (Please do not use the Bluetooth keyboard, and do not click "Continue" after entering Recovery Mode)
Once in Recovery mode, open a Terminal window from the Utilities drop-down menu at the top of the screen. Type the following into the Terminal window: csrutil disable, and press the Enter key.
Restart your Mac.
2. Install the latest version of the DJI Assistant 2 series software. Refer to: DJI Assistant 2 Installation and Usage
3.  Restart your Mac and launch DJI Assistant 2. Power on the DJI product and connect the product to your Mac via the USB cable. Then go to “Network” and it will show that the device is connected, indicating that the driver is installed successfully.
4. Re-enable SIP: Restart in macOS Recovery mode again with the Command+R (⌘+R) keys, then open a Terminal window and type: csrutil enable. Press the Enter key and restart your Mac.

If the issue persists, we recommend using another Mac or Windows PC. You may also send your Goggles back to DJI for testing and for them to run an update. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-11-1
Use props
Z42A
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-1 13:25
Hi there. Thank you for the update and we're sorry to read that the issue still persists. Kindly follow the steps below for error 5-100-4:
1.  Disable System Integrity Protection(SIP)
Boot macOS in Recovery Mode. To do this, restart your computer and hold down the Command+R (⌘+R) keys simultaneously until entering Recovery mode. (Please do not use the Bluetooth keyboard, and do not click "Continue" after entering Recovery Mode)

Thank you for that.
I ran through the whole process exactly as you described. The goggles never showed up on "network" though, and the same issue persisted.
I tried updating through the DJI Fly app once again, just for a change of the source of frustration, and after the third attempt it says that the firmware was successfully installed.
I still get the red "goggles firmware is too early and needs to be updated" warning in the goggles, however, and they seem to randomly shut off and reset, even while taking a short flight around the yard.
2022-11-2
Use props
MIMAJ6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 371207 ft
Sweden

hey! owner of the topic - do it all works for you - i mean for constant tilt to the left? i have simillar issues with AVATA and DJI FPV....it all started after the updating the firmware :S
2022-11-2
Use props
Z42A
lvl.1
Canada

MIMAJ6 Posted at 11-2 06:00
hey! owner of the topic - do it all works for you - i mean for constant tilt to the left? i have simillar issues with AVATA and DJI FPV....it all started after the updating the firmware :S

Still has the tilt and drift to the left, even when indoors.
2022-11-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Z42A Posted at 11-2 01:27
Thank you for that.
I ran through the whole process exactly as you described. The goggles never showed up on "network" though, and the same issue persisted.
I tried updating through the DJI Fly app once again, just for a change of the source of frustration, and after the third attempt it says that the firmware was successfully installed.

Hi there. Thank you for the update. We're sorry to read that you're still getting a notification on your goggles even after the update via DJI Fly. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules