6360 62 2022-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rk_82
lvl.1

Germany

johansenfoto Posted at 2-8 23:47
That didn't look normal.
Not sure if you mentioned, but did you also get jitter if shot on Auto? Because I only shoot in Auto and have no jitter at even worse condition (camera shaking)

No, in Auto no Jitter. In PRO and Shutter >500 no Jitter, too.
2023-2-8
Use props
Rk_82
lvl.1

Germany

https://www.file2send.eu/de/download/NxFouZJAihHOZiF95y57CgOTbP3ZEuTHdIFWyeNFF0kcNf5JuOmO2qzVdOWi8n7H
Also Jitter in 1K (last part of video).

Any DJI Support Admin here, to assess?
2023-2-9
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Rk_82 Posted at 2-8 23:57
No, in Auto no Jitter. In PRO and Shutter >500 no Jitter, too.

I will try this with mine without auto
2023-2-9
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

I could not see any jitter on mine, but also shot this in 60 fps.

2023-2-9
Use props
Rk_82
lvl.1

Germany

johansenfoto Posted at 2-9 04:17
https://youtu.be/XEf-4Nx0xhI

I could not see any jitter on mine, but also shot this in 60 fps.

But in 00:26 and 00:41 I see jitter ... ?
2023-2-9
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Rk_82 Posted at 2-9 04:27
But in 00:41 I see jitter ... ?

Yes when I shake it a lot
2023-2-9
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

But now when I check the video again, it is more jitter on slower shutterspeed
2023-2-9
Use props
Rk_82
lvl.1

Germany

Shaking should be never the reason for jitter. Only fast vibrations.
To avoid shaky video while you are shaking,  the cam have the stabilisation-feature.

As I also said, no jitter only with higher shutterspeed (or auto, but auto do the same: set shutter higher). But to set shutter to a higher number can not be the solution. 1. No motion blur anymore 2. you can only use on bright enviroment.
Its a problem maybe of firmware. If I use exactly the same settings on osmo action 1, in same enviroment, no jitter, clear picture.

I think you have exactly the same problem with your osmo action 3 as I have.

2023-2-9
Use props
Dirtymacho
lvl.1
India

You need try switching to 4k 24/30/60 and see if resolves. It can't be low light specific portion of the frame is over exposed
2023-2-9
Use props
Rk_82
lvl.1

Germany

Dirtymacho Posted at 2-9 05:11
You need try switching to 4k 24/30/60 and see if resolves. It can't be low light specific portion of the frame is over exposed

Same problem with lower fps (with shutter 2x FPS). Now I tested 120FPS and Shutter 240.
Much better results. Not perfect but much better.

As I said: Jitter on the action 3 depends on the shutterspeed.
But Its a bug or a fault, because exactly same settings with Osmo action 1 - absolutely no problems.

I opend a ticket at DJI. Will wait for answer.
2023-2-9
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

This is a problem I have seen with (I think) all footage recorded with OA3.
Solution; Shoot in Auto and don't use ND-filters at this point.

For me it will be no problem since I started shooting in Auto a few years ago with all action cameras (used ND-filters before that).
2023-2-9
Use props
Rk_82
lvl.1

Germany

Give up functions (PRO Mode) I pay for, is not a solution.

I called DJI Support (#4846148), uploaded jitter-video.
Answer: Agent talked to development and I have to set shutterspeed to 500. This is "normal" for using rocksteady.

NO IT ISNT! 1. That contradicts all logic about making videos. 2. I only can use shutter 500 in bright enviroment 3. I will lose motion blur.
And again: no problems with osmo action 1, with same settings, same enviroment! Very unsatisfactory and annoying.

But allegedly no problems with autofocus with pocket 1, Osmo Action 2 didn't have a problem either heat, Osmo Action 3 didnt have problems with focus. And now, it should be normal to set shutterspeed to 500.
No!
Sorry.
Bye bye DJI. Hello GoPro.
2023-2-9
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Rk_82 Posted at 2-9 12:11

GL HL with GoPro and all the major issues they have.

Why not look into Insta360 ONE RS?
2023-2-9
Use props
PixelPro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

never seen that before
2023-2-9
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rk_82 Posted at 2-9 12:11

If you are using 1/500th shutter speed on an action cam, the Action will look terrible. That doesn’t make sense. It’ll be way too sharp with no blur going on so could  look quite nasty.
2023-2-9
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

johansenfoto Posted at 2-9 12:33
GL HL with GoPro and all the major issues they have.

Why not look into Insta360 ONE RS?

What’s wrong with the Horizon Levelling on the GoPro?
I haven't had any issues with mine so far. (Touch wood)
2023-2-9
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Iancraig10 Posted at 2-9 14:10
What’s wrong with the Horizon Levelling on the GoPro?
I haven't had any issues with mine so far. (Touch wood)

I actually misspelled and ment to write HF = Happy Fragging that is from gaming community

You know when I put my OA3 on charging this morning, I was actually thinking about when I had gopro. It uses almost 2 hours to charge up and give 1 hour batterylife, and OA3 is super fast to charge and give 2 hour batterylife.
I always had to use my slower charger that I use for my phone, since all my DJI charges would make gopro cook and never charge up.
2023-2-10
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

johansenfoto Posted at 2-10 01:32
I actually misspelled and ment to write HF = Happy Fragging that is from gaming community

You know when I put my OA3 on charging this morning, I was actually thinking about when I had gopro. It uses almost 2 hours to charge up and give 1 hour batterylife, and OA3 is super fast to charge and give 2 hour batterylife.

I’m guessing the battery life difference might be partially due to the 12MP of the Action to 27MP on GoPro. They're roughly the same amount of power as well.

Funny thing is that I haven't found low light performance on GoPro that much different to the Action. I expected the Action to be better with less pixels.

The 5.3K setting is great for using stabilisation and getting a 4k render, or for cutting in in post and retaining a good resolution. That'll probably be next on the Action 4! Higher resolution and maybe like GoPro, above 4K 60. I've been doing quite a bit on the GoPro recently and even 5.3 rendered down to 1080 looks really good.

The charging time, I have no clue why it takes longer tbh.

As far as that 'jitter' goes, the GoPro does the exact same thing if the shutter is slow and stabilisation is on. It's not just the Action.

2023-2-10
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Iancraig10 Posted at 2-10 03:56
I’m guessing the battery life difference might be partially due to the 12MP of the Action to 27MP on GoPro. They're roughly the same amount of power as well.

Funny thing is that I haven't found low light performance on GoPro that much different to the Action. I expected the Action to be better with less pixels.

Higher MP is probably the main cause for short battery life like you said.

You have GoPro 11?
What I saw on youtube and also experienced with 10 when I had it, 5,3K look worse than 4K (less sharp) and I hear many deny it but never did they try doing the test themself.
Also that was one of the reasons why I bought GoPro 10 in first place, to be able to shoot 5,3K in 60 fps and post 5K videos on youtube.
But it could be only when it is downscaled to 4K it is less sharp.

2023-2-10
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

johansenfoto Posted at 2-10 05:01
Higher MP is probably the main cause for short battery life like you said.

You
Yes, I have the Hero 11. Funny thing …. I’ve not had it lock, freeze or turn off yet. I’m waiting, because we all expect it with them!

2023-2-10
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Iancraig10 Posted at 2-10 05:33
Yes, I have the Hero 11. Funny thing …. I’ve not had it lock, freeze or turn off yet. I’m waiting, because we all expect it with them!

Hehe we just have to wait and see then
2023-2-10
Use props
fanse9ac3da5
New
United States

I just got my camera and tested it indoors. I get the same sort of flickering. I went outdoors and it sure is minimzed with the same settings.
By the way, is that the Chappel at UH?
2023-2-25
Use props
fanscaed4fb2
lvl.1
United States

fanse9ac3da5 Posted at 2-25 12:54
I just got my camera and tested it indoors. I get the same sort of flickering. I went outdoors and it sure is minimzed with the same settings.
By the way, is that the Chappel at UH?

Yes. lollllllll
2023-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules