Ahh Summer
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Turdle
lvl.2

United States

I was out yesterday breaking in some spare batteries and trying out a new polarizing filter on my P3P and came uppon this shot. I like the ripples from the swimmer that seem to go on and on. I call it "Lazy Summer".

Lazy Summer S.jpg
2015-8-12
Use props
liningiv
lvl.4
Flight distance : 329409 ft
United Kingdom

Beautiful.
Something else we would never have seen without P3.
Would look stunning framed on a wall.  
Please DJI, we need 24 mp cameras.
2015-8-12
Use props
liningiv
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Just the right balance of mystery, composition, colour, and of corse totally unique.
I would buy this for display in my home.
2015-8-12
Use props
bill
lvl.3

United States

24mp cameras scares me. The only reason I could see upgrading from the P3 to a P4 would be significant improvements to the camera sensor. I guess time will tell...
2015-8-12
Use props
Turdle
lvl.2

United States

liningiv Posted at 2015-8-13 03:49
Just the right balance of mystery, composition, colour, and of corse totally unique.
I would buy th ...

Thank you for the kind compliment. I would vote for the 24 MP camera for stills. I have a print which is 13X22 and am not exactly pleased with the pixelation. I just wish I would have shot it in RAW rather than JPEG which would have helped the gradations a little more. Let me know if you're interested in a print.
2015-8-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

That's one of the reasons that I love my Nikon D800.
At 36 megapixels... How much bigger do we need to go? ;-)

RedHotPoker
2015-8-13
Use props
Turdle
lvl.2

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-8-13 16:05
That's one of the reasons that I love my Nikon D800.
At 36 megapixels... How much bigger do we need  ...

I have a D800 too but I don't think it's JUST the amount of megapixels. Granted 12 MP is kind of measly but what how would a P3 fly with a Nikkor lens on it?
2015-8-13
Use props
liningiv
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I shoot 36mp on the ground with my Sony A7r, that is why I am asking for a different sensor on the P3 or P4.
Video is very well catered for but 12mp is too small for anything larger than an A4 print.
I just love the locations I am getting to with P3, but now I want higher quality images.
No sign of a different camera for the Inspire yet either, I thought that the Inspire would definitely have a better stills camera by now.
2015-8-13
Use props
AerialLens
lvl.3

United States

Hey Turdle - That is real keeper - GREAT photo!  

Is that right out of the camera or did you do any editing (like photoshop or...)? In your opinion, are the jpegs close enough in quality to the raw files so that raw is not necessary? What are your thoughts?

I do hope the swimmer managed to avoid that big crocodile on the shore. Oh wait, that's a tree branch. hehe
2015-8-13
Use props
Turdle
lvl.2

United States

AerialLens Posted at 2015-8-14 01:10
Hey Turdle - That is real keeper - GREAT photo!  

Is that right out of the camera or did you do any ...

Thanks for the comment!

The image is tweaked slightly in Photoshop. Increased contrast and brought up gamma slightly. I made prints and need to print from Photoshop.

I prefer RAW images over JPEG since there is no compression and they are easier to fine tune in post processing. Less artifacts and better color rendition. Unfortunately this shot was a JPEG since I was switching over from video and I didn't want to miss the opportunity. Being that stills are only 12 MP I try to get as much as I can.

No crocodile but herons have been known to nest on that little spot of land. There's eagles in the neighborhood too!
2015-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules