Air2 S motors will not start.
1116 12 2022-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
apac126
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi Guys,

Re: Air2 S. Landed perfectly safely on landing pad, changed battery now the motors will not fire up at all.

Controller display showing normal things. Ok to take off, plenty of satellittes etc.

Tried it again at home now. Motors will not fire up and front lights steady green, rear lights flashing green. Everything on controller looks fine. Take off permitted, 18 GPS etc.

In normal or cine mode I notice the same speed flashes (every couple secs or so maybe) but if I switch the controller to Sport mode the green flashing speeds up quite a bit.

Tried 3 different batteries. Updated firmware today. Still the same. Just sits there as dead as a dodo.

Saw another post for a smaller drone with similar light operation and someone suggested it may be in gesture mode?? I have turned drone and controller (the non smart type) on and off several times.

Any ideas?

2022-10-31
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

You can always refresh firmware if nothing happens. Also You can check the log file to see what is going on. And if still nothing happens then You can contact DJI
2022-10-31
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

I'm pretty sure you've checked this, but how are you trying to start it? The automatic takeoff button, and/or the holding the 2 sticks in and down method?
2022-10-31
Use props
apac126
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Ah yes good point. I always use the sticks to takeoff but maybe the button will still work. Never used it as yet.

I am in amongst other houses here where I live at the moment so while I was happy to just attempt to fire up the props briefly using sticks I don’t want to actually takeoff using the button and gain height.

I will pop out to a field tomorrow and try the takeoff button to see if that makes any difference. I am doubtful but we will see.

Will report back

Puzzled by these steady and flashing green lights I must say.
2022-10-31
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can always fly it indoors, CAA rules & regs do not apply in a fully enclosed space, in a room with space and good light it shouldn't be a problem. The VPS system provides position holding and braking PROVIDING the lighting is sufficient and the surface underneath the drone is suitable, i.e. stable, not flapping and with clearly distinguishable features.
I have flown an M2P indoors and the Mini 1 & 2 are even better.

Also, now you have updated the firmware did you also do the controller? Needing to calibrate the controller after an update used to be a feature with older drones. With yours it may not be necessary but it won't hurt to do it.
2022-10-31
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Apac126. Thank you for reaching out. We're sorry for the inconvenience. The green blinking light usually states that the GNSS and/or Vision Systems is enabled or the Home point has been recorded. May we ask if the propellers are still in good condition? How did you perform the update? Please try another flight environment to observe. Here are some tips for Takeoff/Landing Procedures:

1. Place the aircraft in an open, flat area with the aircraft status indicator facing towards you.
2. Turn on the aircraft and the remote controller.
3. Launch DJI Fly and enter the camera view.
4. Wait until the aircraft status indicators blink green indicating that the Home Point has been recorded
and it is now safe to fly.
5. Gently push the throttle stick to take off or use auto-takeoff.
6. Pull the throttle stick or use auto-landing to land the aircraft.
7. After landing, push the throttle stick down and hold. The motors stop after three seconds.
8. Turn off the aircraft and remote controller.

Kindly keep us posted. Thank you for your cooperation.
2022-10-31
Use props
apac126
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-31 08:27
Hi, Apac126. Thank you for reaching out. We're sorry for the inconvenience. The green blinking light usually states that the GNSS and/or Vision Systems is enabled or the Home point has been recorded. May we ask if the propellers are still in good condition? How did you perform the update? Please try another flight environment to observe. Here are some tips for Takeoff/Landing Procedures:

1. Place the aircraft in an open, flat area with the aircraft status indicator facing towards you.

Hi, the propellers are unmarked but I did just change them over now for the spare set that came with the drone. It will still not start the motors using the sticks after changing propellers.
I am a bit wary of using the takeoff button indoors as I cannot get many satellittes locked on. I will try it outdoors tomorrow.
I updated the firmware via the controller.
The problem first arose after a normal 20 minutes flight when I landed to change the battery and then it would not start up using the sticks.
2022-10-31
Use props
apac126
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 10-31 07:50
You can always fly it indoors, CAA rules & regs do not apply in a fully enclosed space, in a room with space and good light it shouldn't be a problem. The VPS system provides position holding and braking PROVIDING the lighting is sufficient and the surface underneath the drone is suitable, i.e. stable, not flapping and with clearly distinguishable features.
I have flown an M2P indoors and the Mini 1 & 2 are even better.

Hi there, R/C recalibrated. Still no go.

I have never used to takeoff button before but will try tomorrow outside. Hardly any satellites locked indoors so wary of trying takeoff button in here lol.

2022-10-31
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fair enough, it's a pity the recalibration of the controller didn't solve it.
I wonder if DJI could gain insight from a relevant DAT from the DRONE?

You would probably need the appropriate Assistant 2 downloaded to and running on a computer to get that DAT.
Once the program is running switch the drone on and connect it to the computer via USB lead.

There may by time limits from switch-on within which the drone must be connected to the computer. If so and you miss them you will need to reboot the drone.

Once the drone is connected it is, from memory, fairly easy to access the DAT's on the drone.

They are LARGE and SLOW to download (for me at least) so you might want to chose carefully which one you download.

We can't read them so it is a year or two since I last looked at the process, I remember that you can downoad all of them en masse, which takes ages, and you can, I think, download each log in its individual sections but I can not remember if you can download an complete single log as one unit.

Than said, do you have another drone that can use that controller or know someone who might let you link your controller to their drone just to see if your controller is on the blink? Or who would try their controller and app on your drone etc? They needn't fly it, just test whether or not they can start the motors with the CSC.
2022-10-31
Use props
apac126
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Just took the drone out to the garden. Still no motor startups using sticks but (for the very first time) I tried the auto takeoff button.

All motors started up and the second they did I used the sticks to stop them.

So, looks like it will probably takeoff using that button. Will take it outside this built up area and give it a proper go tomorrow or later today if the wind drops a bit!

Will report back after.
2022-11-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

apac126 Posted at 11-1 04:28
Just took the drone out to the garden. Still no motor startups using sticks but (for the very first time) I tried the auto takeoff button.

Hi, Apac126. Good to read that you were able to start the motors using the auto take-off button. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your cooperation.
2022-11-1
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

apac126 Posted at 11-1 04:28

What stick mode is the controller in?
If not "2" then try the stick positions that correspond to full reverse, down, yaw CW/yaw CCW, left/right. I had that problem with a P3Adv.
2022-11-1
Use props
apac126
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi chaps,

Been very busy lately so only just got to a field today.

After all the trying I did to get it to takeoff using sticks a couple of weeks ago, to no avail, I set it down on the ground thinking I would use the auto takeoff button for the first time but decided to just try the sticks and hey! it worked perfectly! Flew it for about 20 minutes and all was good.

No idea why it's ok now but it is and that's the main thing.

If it does anything like it again I will report back.

I bought the drone in January but have have hardly really used it as yet (about 87 minutes in the air before today). Always so busy with stuff.

I have to say what an amazing thing it is though. The wind hardly seems to affect it at all no matter what it blows. It was gusting to over 25 mph today but the drone just laughed at it.

I will get out more now I seem to have less stuff taking up my time at the moment.

I made a video back in April (?) and if you check out the very end where I was walking away from the the drone the wind was blowing over 20 mph but the drone just sat in the air like it was tied to a tree. Amazing.

https://vimeo.com/706191016

2022-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules