DJI Mini 3 Pro AEB HDR photo Tip
4586 8 2022-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shifty007UK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 118816 ft
United Kingdom

Hey all, To maximise the quality and resolution of the 12mp limitation I did the AEB manually with the 48mp setting. I used the auto AEB originally and it is set for 12MPs only and the results from a resolution point of view was OK at best. So I used the 48MP setting and set three manual exposures instead and combined the photos in post production software. The resolution and quality was so much better.

2022-10-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Shifty007UK. Thank you for giving out these interesting information here at DJI Forum. Again, thank you for your valued support and have a nice day.  
2022-10-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I shoot a lot for stock photography sites and the 48mp images are often rejected for lack of quality,     as the 48mp is not a true 48mp sensor usually the best quallity is from the 12mp mode,     There are some exceptions to fine details but they appear to be few and far between.  To understand how they get 48mp take a look at this article.   https://www.gsmarena.com/quad_ba ... ined-news-37459.php
2022-10-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Many thanks for sharing.  
2022-11-1
Use props
Shifty007UK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 118816 ft
United Kingdom

Don't really need to read a lot of technical posts on the 48mp technology, do it the easy way! , Just take a 12mp automatic AEB 3 shot yourself and compare it to the manual 48mp doing the exposures manually, You will notice it if you crop or zoom in on the finish HDR, much more detail captured..
2022-11-1
Use props
djiuser_hMYy18W9U3Dx
lvl.1
United States

Thank you Shifty007UK for the helpful tip.
I found this post while looking to improve my AEB HDR results. DJI's AEB mode is really handy but I wish settings for a five shot AEB group in 48mp could be user defined and saved in memory. I took a couple dozen 48mp AEB shots yesterday and it took a lot of fiddling.  

As it stands, I don't see the point of DJI's AEB mode when better results come manually.      

2023-3-13
Use props
Jake. A
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

Thanks for the tip
2023-3-13
Use props
djiuser_2IUZD4ZUrhL0
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2022-10-31 23:35
I shoot a lot for stock photography sites and the 48mp images are often rejected for lack of quality,     as the 48mp is not a true 48mp sensor usually the best quallity is from the 12mp mode,     There are some exceptions to fine details but they appear to be few and far between.  To understand how they get 48mp take a look at this article.   https://www.gsmarena.com/quad_bayer_sensors_explained-news-37459.php

I agree. I experimented with the 48mp option and I preferred the 12mp setting. I’ve been shooting stock for over 25 years, and run a photo agency (AWL Images). I edit a lot of images from a lot of cameras and many drones including the high end DJI Inspire - X3/X5. So I’m looking at images all day.

For best results on the Mini 3 Pro I always stitch multiple image to gain a higher resolution. The single frame images are generally too low a resolution for our agency (Some clients are ok with the size but for large outputs they prefer a  higher resolution so as an agency we have to cater for all possible uses)
2023-12-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_2IUZD4ZUrhL0 Posted at 12-16 01:23
I agree. I experimented with the 48mp option and I preferred the 12mp setting. I’ve been shooting stock for over 25 years, and run a photo agency (AWL Images). I edit a lot of images from a lot of cameras and many drones including the high end DJI Inspire - X3/X5. So I’m looking at images all day.

For best results on the Mini 3 Pro I always stitch multiple image to gain a higher resolution. The single frame images are generally too low a resolution for our agency (Some clients are ok with the size but for large outputs they prefer a  higher resolution so as an agency we have to cater for all possible uses)

Thats funny,  because thats a trick I often do to get better resolution.   
2023-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules