How to connect Mavic 3E to DJI Terra / DJI Pilot 2
1443 8 2022-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matrices07
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7188 ft
United States

Hello all, I just got my Mavic 3E in and am amazed by what I've been able to figure out thus far.  I noticed that Terra (I have a demo right now) only has the Phantom series available for camera type, so since on the Mavic 3E page "Full Software Suite" shows Terra as being available, I assumed (I know... I know...) that this new Mavic 3E would be listed there as an available option.  It would be great to do flight missions from a much larger display than what the controller offers.

If Terra isn't an option, can someone suggest something that would support the new Mavic 3E?  I've been playing around with WebODM as well, with mixed results - would love to hear other's thoughts and suggestions on this as well.  There's surprisingly little, to no documentation from DJI about how to make use of such an amazing product.

Also, does anyone know how / where to download DJI Pilot 2?  DJI Pilot is easily obtained, but I can't find Pilot 2 anywhere.  I was hoping to put it on an Android emulator (like BlueStacks) and run it from my PC.

Thanks!!
2022-10-31
Use props
CuAnnan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69432 ft
Ireland

I've been making use of FlightHub but that may not serve your needs. I'm just in the prosumer intersection
2022-10-31
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. We consulted your issue with our engineers.  If what you want to use DJI Terra for is similar to the Phantom4 series, saying to assign missions through DJI Terrea, then we do not support this function. For the scenario, DJI Terra is only compatible with the Phantom 4 series. We do not have plans to support other models currently.  DJI Terra functions that are applicable for agricultural operation scenes (such as Field Mode and Fruit Tree Mode) are expected to be compatible with DJI Mavic 3E in early November 2022.
As for the DJI Pilot2, may we know the reason why you want to download DJI Pilot2? The application of DJI Pilot 2  was embedded with the remote controller.
2022-10-31
Use props
Matrices07
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7188 ft
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-31 23:06
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. We consulted your issue with our engineers.  If what you want to use DJI Terra for is similar to the Phantom4 series, saying to assign missions through DJI Terrea, then we do not support this function. For the scenario, DJI Terra is only compatible with the Phantom 4 series. We do not have plans to support other models currently.  DJI Terra functions that are applicable for agricultural operation scenes (such as Field Mode and Fruit Tree Mode) are expected to be compatible with DJI Mavic 3E in early November 2022.
As for the DJI Pilot2, may we know the reason why you want to download DJI Pilot2? The application of DJI Pilot 2  was embedded with the remote controller.

No worries at all.  You might want to look at the advertising wording that you have for the Mavic 3E and 3T.  The features listed include full functionality with Terra and others - see : https://www.dji.com/mavic-3-enterprise?site=brandsite&from=nav .  The advertising verbiage includes flight planning capabilities.

I wanted to download DJI Pilot 2 onto an Android emulator (BlueStacks 5), so that I could do flight planning on my full screen monitor, rather than be limited to the small controller screen.  Thanks!
2022-11-01_13-26-05.jpg
2022-11-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Matrices07 Posted at 11-1 09:27
No worries at all.  You might want to look at the advertising wording that you have for the Mavic 3E and 3T.  The features listed include full functionality with Terra and others - see : https://www.dji.com/mavic-3-enterprise?site=brandsite&from=nav .  The advertising verbiage includes flight planning capabilities.

I wanted to download DJI Pilot 2 onto an Android emulator (BlueStacks 5), so that I could do flight planning on my full screen monitor, rather than be limited to the small controller screen.  Thanks!

Understand. We will ask for further information about your questions.
2022-11-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Matrices07 Posted at 11-1 09:27

I wanted to download DJI Pilot 2 onto an Android emulator (BlueStacks 5), so that I could do flight planning on my full screen monitor, rather than be limited to the small controller screen.  Thanks!

Further explanation from our teams:
DJI Terra only adds the route planning function to the Phantom 4 series. Overall functions will be more plentiful.
Apart from the Phantom 4 series, other series only support DJI Terra Detailed Inspection, which is the advertised "Mission planning" here.About the Pilot 2 package, Mavic 3 Enterprise series does not support connecting to external devices. The application package may not be helpful for you.
2022-11-2
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1093865 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-2 04:26
Further explanation from our teams:
DJI Terra only adds the route planning function to the Phantom 4 series. Overall functions will be more plentiful.
Apart from the Phantom 4 series, other series only support DJI Terra Detailed Inspection, which is the advertised "Mission planning" here.About the Pilot 2 package, Mavic 3 Enterprise series does not support connecting to external devices. The application package may not be helpful for you.

In other words, the marketing/advertising information is misleading at best.
2022-11-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

patiam Posted at 11-2 11:39
In other words, the marketing/advertising information is misleading at best.

Sorry for any misleading. The “Detailed Inspection” function also adds some powerful new functions. It is a simple and easy-to-use tool for scenarios requiring a detailed inspection, such as power grids and bridges.
There are four procedures when using this function: Import model - Selecting target point - editing waypoint -Export KML
2022-11-3
Use props
djiuser_A3fBMno4MJOE
lvl.1

South Africa

Hi there. Im also struggling to activate my Terra app. Apparently I have received a one year free subscription but have no idea how to activate the subscription or where to get the activation code. Im also struggling to switch my Terra app to remote control mode. Can uou please assist me?
2022-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules