Connected device not bound to aircraft / 5 flights
4455 39 2022-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Waynesk
lvl.2

United States

Hello I work for Boeing in Everett, Washington, U.S.A. I am a member to Boeings employee Drone Club.  I own a DJI Mavic Air 2. It's an amazing product, I love it and have never had any problems with it. When I learned that the Remote controller was compatible with the DJI Air 2S I did not think twice when I found an add on Craigslist for a DJI Air 2S Drone only for sale. I immediately purchased it and when I got it home I powered it up and yes, the controller does work with it but during this process it told me, "Connected device not bound to aircraft. You may continue flying with the connected device 5 times. Connect to your bound device: Remote Controller (SN: 3GDCJ*****WKGV) to continue or perform the following steps" The 2 options it gave me were, "CHANGE BOUND DEVICE or UNBIND DEVICE"
I tried both options only to get another screen that informed me that unbinding this device DJI Care Flyaway Coverage would be unavailable. I clicked next and the next screen said, " Aircraft bound to another account. Change account and try again. (-53268) "
I live in a restricted zone, so I did not fly it. I turned it off and tried to figure this out by reading on the internet. I turned it on again to update and after it restarted itself it now say I only get 2 more flights. I have uploaded screenshots of the screens.
Also, there is a problem with the Upward Vision Sensor (Code:180043) (Code: 180044) It says to contact support. I will do that after I get this Bound Device problem fixed first.
Before purchasing the DJI Air 2S I had not flown my Mavic Air 2S for many months because of Covid epidemic. When I was flying it there was nothing binding to an account, and I never heard of Care flyaway coverage. This must be recent policy or procedure now Hugh? I read up about it and see other complaints here with other people having problems with devices bound to other accounts. What is going to happen after I take my 2 flights that are left? Will I be stuck with a dead Drone? That will not work.
I contacted the guy I purchased it from and asked if he could unbind the drone from his account and he said it was not his account and he has no way of contacting the person who owned the account. I told him I wanted a refund and he said he spent the money and cannot give me a refund. I have contacted him many more times explaining my dissatisfaction and demanded he give me a refund, or I would give him a knuckle sandwich. He turned his phone off now. I don't know what to do now. I am holding off flying it because it says I still have 2 flights, but I am terrified of what is going to happen after. Like I said I work for Boeing and my wife works for Microsoft in Redmond Washington and we would like to be able to continue to say good things about DJI and its products and I hope you can help me. Thanks

Screenshot_20221005-024218 (1).jpg
Screenshot_20221005-024249 (1).jpg
Screenshot_20221005-024345 (1).jpg
Screenshot_20221005-024608 (2).jpg
2022-10-31
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I suspect that the drone is bound to the previous owner's DJI account and that the previous owner will have to undo the binding using their App and at some point have their phone connected to the internet so that the unbinding will register. They do not need the drone to do this.
In addition or alternatively the drone may still be bound to its old controller, again the previous owner will need to undo this binding, if it exists.

If the old owner can't or wont undo the binding then I think you have bought a lemon. How did you pay the previous owner, if by credit card then do you have recourse via the CC company?

You have a PM.

BTW ''I told him I wanted a refund and he said he spent the money and cannot  give me a refund. I have contacted him many more times explaining my  dissatisfaction and demanded he give me a refund,''  I think that demonstrates a lack of understanding on YOUR PART, the situation is/was correctable, in that the previous owner should be able to undo the binding and you were unaware of that.

However ''or I would give him a  knuckle sandwich.'' is, if literally said, not conducive to their co-operation and I would be wary of such language again. You might end up at the wrong end of a chat with police.
2022-10-31
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Waynesk. Thank you for reaching out. We're sorry for the unpleasant experience. DJI Care Refresh is a comprehensive and reliable protection plan that provides DJI products with coverage for a range of accidental damages, natural wear, and flyaway. Customers who have a DJI Air 2S that does not promptly bind DJI Care Flyaway to their product will not be able to use the replacement service after a flyaway occurs.

Please kindly note that only the account holder has permission to unbind the drone with the account. This limitation is used to protect the ownership of the product. The new holder can bind the drone with another account. If your dealer can't contact the previous owner, please send us proof of purchase. Once we receive the proof of purchase, we can try to contact the previous owner. But we can't guarantee the result. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
2022-10-31
Use props
Waynesk
lvl.2

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-31 11:32
Hi, Waynesk. Thank you for reaching out. We're sorry for the unpleasant experience. DJI Care Refresh is a comprehensive and reliable protection plan that provides DJI products with coverage for a range of accidental damages, natural wear, and flyaway. Customers who have a DJI Air 2S that does not promptly bind DJI Care Flyaway to their product will not be able to use the replacement service after a flyaway occurs.

Please kindly note that only the account holder has permission to unbind the drone with the account. This limitation is used to protect the ownership of the product. The new holder can bind the drone with another account. If your dealer can't contact the previous owner, please send us proof of purchase. Once we receive the proof of purchase, we can try to contact the previous owner. But we can't guarantee the result. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Here is a copy of the Bill of Sale. This is the only proof of purchase I have. Where I live this is a legal document and this is the sale receipt. You say the new holder of the drone can bind the drone with another account? That is only if the previous owner unbinds it from their account first Right? This is my understanding and experience with the drone. Am I understanding this correct?
When I tried Binding it to my account it would not allow me to. I will upload screen shots of what I got.
Screenshot_20221005-024608 (2).jpg
Screenshot_20221005-024631.jpg
2022-11-3
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wayne that sort of information shouldn't be published on a forum, I'd ask a mod to delete the photo, if they can.
2022-11-3
Use props
Waynesk
lvl.2

United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 10-31 10:20
I suspect that the drone is bound to the previous owner's DJI account and that the previous owner will have to undo the binding using their App and at some point have their phone connected to the internet so that the unbinding will register. They do not need the drone to do this.
In addition or alternatively the drone may still be bound to its old controller, again the previous owner will need to undo this binding, if it exists.

Thanks Sean-bumble-bee for responding, Your efforts and quick support is appreciated.
I paid with cash when I purchased the DJI Air 2S. I agree and share a similar suspicion that the drone is bound to a previous owner. I know nothing about any previous owners. The Thanks for informing me by purchasing with a credit card, I may have some protection or in your words, “recourse via the CC company.” That was not the case here and that option was not available at the time of sale. Any future DJI drones I come across for sale, before considering acquisition I will base my final assumptions of making the purchase in part or whole from what you said. Thank you.
Me and my wife are not personally aware of any friends or coworkers that dabble in, “Hacking.” I know that is a broad term. Mostly the meaning directs to a more rebellious group with deviant type behavior led by the challenge of cracking a code or bypassing security, fueled by the ambition to showcase their skills to do so.  Everyone knows in the modern digital age and computer software industry (such as where my wife is employed) that culture does exist. It may as well be rampant there, We don’t associate ourselves in that class and it is unethical in best business practice. We don’t even use that word. It very well would tarnish my wife’s reputation at her job and very well could indirectly be the ignition to burning her out a job if she spoke like that. The answer is NO we don’t know anyone that can hack into DJI Drones. Not one person. Please don’t bring that up again.
BTW
BTW ''I told him I wanted a refund and he said he spent the money and cannot  give me a refund. I have contacted him many more times explaining my  dissatisfaction and demanded he give me a refund,''  I think that demonstrates a lack of understanding on YOUR PART, the situation is/was correctable, in that the previous owner should be able to undo the binding and you were unaware of that.”
There was much more in the lack of understanding on my part than getting a refund or unbinding a, “Lemon” as you called it. Or the whole binding process adopted by DJI. The last time I flew my drone this did not exist or there was a lack of clearly informing the general public on it. It is new to me and even though I am a member to my employer’s semi sponsored Employee Drone Club, (we do not represent one or the other) you may think I should have been informed of it. While Covid-19 reduced the worlds aviation industry it devastated it here in my region where the commercial division started and was led. It is far from recuperating and the club has been dispersed until further notice. Many good people lay-offed too.
Also BTW
However ''or I would give him a  knuckle sandwich.'' is, if literally said, not conducive to their co-operation and I would be wary of such language again. You might end up at the wrong end of a chat with police.”
These were not my first words to communicate my desire for a smooth and agreeable outcome on his car lot salesman tactics he incorporated in his promise of a trouble free product he sold me. I only spoke like that in a last ditch attempt after trying to say please please and begging nicely for my outcome that better favored my side of the deal to come out ahead of where it is. At the age of 52yrs more than half of my time is gone now. I say most of it has happened or is lived. I don’t have the time to mess around with the troubles this drone holder who sold me a lemon has assured me would not happen. As soon as the red flags started popping up I tried to get a refund and made it clear where my patients are with a bad deal and bad promises. Sure I was 50% at blame for buying this drone uninformed. He is 100% at fault for selling it. After expiring all other more favorable ways of asking for my money back. I spoke of the knuckle sandwich in context of a gift that fit in his generational era. Police here are not going to say one thing to anyone unless it is an action spoke of something they’re going to do…..not give them. If you disagree take for example if someone at school pushed me and I fell. If my response is to say, “your dead” It would not be a criminal death threat charge. Right? It’s all about how it is said Thanks for the help on the Lemon. Next time lets talk about the legal financial liability the previous owner has with any possible damages that could occur to private property while a new holder flies there drone with such formal ownership systems as binding, banding and bound..
2022-11-3
Use props
Waynesk
lvl.2

United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 11-3 01:28
Wayne that sort of information shouldn't be published on a forum, I'd ask a mod to delete the photo, if they can.

This is the first public forum I have participated on and I don't know how to ask a moderator to do that. I have nothing to hide. I am transparent with all my dealings. I don't mind publishing this experience. Like I said initially I would like to continue saying good things about DJI in the future. Someone asked for my proof of purchase, so I gave it to them. I would think a moderator would agree with you so I place this in there hands. Thanks
2022-11-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Waynesk Posted at 11-3 01:21
[view_image]
Here is a copy of the Bill of Sale. This is the only proof of purchase I have. Where I live this is a legal document and this is the sale receipt. You say the new holder of the drone can bind the drone with another account? That is only if the previous owner unbinds it from their account first Right? This is my understanding and experience with the drone. Am I understanding this correct?
When I tried Binding it to my account it would not allow me to. I will upload screen shots of what I got.[view_image][view_image]

Greetings, Waynesk. Thank you for providing us with the necessary details. We have sent an email to the original owner and requested to have the device unbound from the account. We would like to let you know beforehand that the result is not guaranteed but we will do our best to persuade them to unbind it for you. We will wait for their feedback and we will update you as soon as we hear back from them. Your kind understanding is appreciated and thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-3
Use props
Waynesk
lvl.2

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-3 11:37
Greetings, Waynesk. Thank you for providing us with the necessary details. We have sent an email to the original owner and requested to have the device unbound from the account. We would like to let you know beforehand that the result is not guaranteed but we will do our best to persuade them to unbind it for you. We will wait for their feedback and we will update you as soon as we hear back from them. Your kind understanding is appreciated and thank you for your continued support.

Hello, DJI Tony, I apologize for my delayed words of appreciation for your help. I am so thankful for your direct to the point to help me. If we were face to face having an in person human visit right now, you would see me bowing to you. Thank you. Also, to show you my extended appreciation is not just typical, I want to show you the email I sent to, "emdjifansforumadmin@dji.com" Here is a copy of that email:
"Hello, I just wanted to say a good thing about one of your DJI Forum Administrators as a token of my appreciation in assisting me with professionalism and straight to the point efforts by his part. I will speak about Administrator DJI Tony. (If this is not the proper email address that can lead to a superior position that oversees the forum, please forward this email to a suitable email so that Toni may receive proper attention for his excellent job done well). It is efforts like this that keep customers happy, maintain good customer relations, and come back for more business. Once again, I’m extremely pleased with the help I got from Administrator DJI Tony. I think this needs to be recognized by his upper levels of who governs his position and forum administration, hopefully this can benefit him with at minimum a good word, and if better and more suitable extra reward or promote his standings in the forum. Customer service everywhere should have people like DJI Toni Thank you"
2022-11-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Waynesk Posted at 11-12 12:30
Hello, DJI Tony, I apologize for my delayed words of appreciation for your help. I am so thankful for your direct to the point to help me. If we were face to face having an in person human visit right now, you would see me bowing to you. Thank you. Also, to show you my extended appreciation is not just typical, I want to show you the email I sent to, "emdjifansforumadmin@dji.com" Here is a copy of that email:
"Hello, I just wanted to say a good thing about one of your DJI Forum Administrators as a token of my appreciation in assisting me with professionalism and straight to the point efforts by his part. I will speak about Administrator DJI Tony. (If this is not the proper email address that can lead to a superior position that oversees the forum, please forward this email to a suitable email so that Toni may receive proper attention for his excellent job done well). It is efforts like this that keep customers happy, maintain good customer relations, and come back for more business. Once again, I’m extremely pleased with the help I got from Administrator DJI Tony. I think this needs to be recognized by his upper levels of who governs his position and forum administration, hopefully this can benefit him with at minimum a good word, and if better and more suitable extra reward or promote his standings in the forum. Customer service everywhere should have people like DJI Toni Thank you"

Thank you for your kind words, Waynesk. We sincerely appreciate customers like you. To give you an update, we have contacted the account owner, but we didn't receive positive feedback or authorization, regretfully. We are unable to disclose the information on it or unbind it directly with respect to the privacy rules and regulations. Trust us when we say that we hoped that we could assist you with this matter. It is recommended that you try to contact the previous owner or request your dealer/purchase platform to help. We hope the dealer can take responsibility to help you resolve this issue. Your kind understanding is appreciated, and thank you for your valued support.
2022-11-14
Use props
Waynesk
lvl.2

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-14 03:41
Thank you for your kind words, Waynesk. We sincerely appreciate customers like you. To give you an update, we have contacted the account owner, but we didn't receive positive feedback or authorization, regretfully. We are unable to disclose the information on it or unbind it directly with respect to the privacy rules and regulations. Trust us when we say that we hoped that we could assist you with this matter. It is recommended that you try to contact the previous owner or request your dealer/purchase platform to help. We hope the dealer can take responsibility to help you resolve this issue. Your kind understanding is appreciated, and thank you for your valued support.

As you could guess those were not the words I had hoped to hear. That is not going to work, unless you can assist me in contacting the previous owner. The feedback was not positive? Then it sounds like it might have been stolen from the previous owner or it was a flyaway and the previous owner lost it. That is my first conclusions from the information you gave me so far. That is what the last video may indicate because the last video recorded on the device show this device landing in the street with many cars just about driving over the drone. Well, whatever the case  is...if the previous owner would like it back, I would like to contact him so We can get that done. If he lost it on a fly away would he have gotten a new one from DJI from the coverage?
2022-11-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Waynesk Posted at 11-14 13:58
As you could guess those were not the words I had hoped to hear. That is not going to work, unless you can assist me in contacting the previous owner. The feedback was not positive? Then it sounds like it might have been stolen from the previous owner or it was a flyaway and the previous owner lost it. That is my first conclusions from the information you gave me so far. That is what the last video may indicate because the last video recorded on the device show this device landing in the street with many cars just about driving over the drone. Well, whatever the case  is...if the previous owner would like it back, I would like to contact him so We can get that done. If he lost it on a fly away would he have gotten a new one from DJI from the coverage?

We completely understand how you feel. This is indeed not the best situation to be in. And we appreciate your honest input on this. To clarify, we did not receive any feedback from the original owner at all. Moreover, checking the serial number of this drone, no stolen or flyaway cases have been recorded on it. We sent you a PM to further discuss this concern with you. Please check and respond whenever you're available. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-11-14
Use props
Waynesk
lvl.2

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-31 11:32

Please kindly note that only the account holder has permission to unbind the drone with the account. This limitation is used to protect the ownership of the product. The new holder can bind the drone with another account. If your dealer can't contact the previous owner, please send us proof of purchase. Once we receive the proof of purchase, we can try to contact the previous owner. But we can't guarantee the result. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Please correct me if I am wrong. So from your reply I understand that only the holder of the  account that the drone is bound, only that holder can unbind it. My question is can the new holder bind it to a new account while it is still bound to the previous account?
2022-11-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Waynesk Posted at 11-15 14:37
Please correct me if I am wrong. So from your reply I understand that only the holder of the  account that the drone is bound, only that holder can unbind it. My question is can the new holder bind it to a new account while it is still bound to the previous account?

No, it cannot be bound to a new account if it's still bound to the previous one, regretfully. It must be unbound from the previous owner's account first, and only then you can bind it to yours. Thank you for your understanding.
2022-11-15
Use props
Waynesk
lvl.2

Japan

DJI Tony Posted at 11-15 20:11
No, it cannot be bound to a new account if it's still bound to the previous one, regretfully. It must be unbound from the previous owner's account first, and only then you can bind it to yours. Thank you for your understanding.

WHY is it giving me 5 flights
2022-12-23
Use props
Waynesk
lvl.2

Japan

Waynesk Posted at 12-23 01:42
WHY is it giving me 5 flights

Is that because My controller is not a bound device to the drone? Is that why it gave me 5 flights. I think that is what it said.  
2022-12-23
Use props
Waynesk
lvl.2

United States

Waynesk Posted at 12-23 01:49
Is that because My controller is not a bound device to the drone? Is that why it gave me 5 flights. I think that is what it said.

DJI is smart, DJI is smarter than you and smarter than me. DJI is tricky they have many rules. I need to spend extra time reading all manuals to understand good. Most of the legal stuff is liability material.. That is a good thing about the internet is that it helps me get DJI Manuals and helps me access them easily. I have read much of it.
I want to thank you so much for ensuring me all my dealings with DJI are going to be the best business practices. Follows all my local, County, City, State, and Regional Laws, Policies, Rules and Regulations.  That makes me more happy that DJI checked the serial number and it is not reported stolen or a fly away. When a person buys a used DJI AIR S2 on craigslist like I did that is a gamble and a risk the new buyer takes. DJI don't make all stolen drone serial numbers available to the public so there is no list that I can check or compare to at the point of purchase off craigslist. Well anyways I think I did a good job reading the person when I buy it. I offered to give him a knuckle sandwich if I would have any trouble with it. and now if I don't give him that knuckle sandwich my word is on the line.
  What happens? .... DJI started binding drones for fly away coverage in a crazy linking, binding, bounding process that becomes a big problem for a customer to Re-cycle, Re-use, or deciding to get a 2nd life out of great DJI product that is very much made durable enough to serve a new holder and new owner.
I had it with the guy that I purchased the drone from, so I contacted him again and I offered to give him that knuckle sandwich or give me my money back. Give me a refund. He spent the money and can not give me a refund. I asked him about the last flight video that was on the drone I say it landed in the street and he said yes the guy he got it from seen it come down and land in the downtown Seattle City limits of Seattle land in the road with traffic so he saved it from getting driven over by cars. He then continued waiting for his bus for 45 minutes and he is waiting for the previous owner to get his drone, but no one show up and his bus arrived, so he took the drone with him, and he posted notice in the neighborhood public service website in Lost / Found section he found a lost drone. Nobody responded for 90 days so He complied with the Revised Code of Washington (RCW) RCW 63.21.090,
RCW 63.21.010
Procedure where finder wishes to claim found property—Appraisal—Surrender of property—Notice of intent to claim—Publication.
Designation of alternate entity to accept, store, retain, and dispose of found property.
With this said why do you suppose the previous owner never reported a fly away to get his fly away coverage? Why do you suppose the previous owner never reported a fly-away because perhaps he lacked a IQ high enough to maintain, if you can't get a reply from the previous owner when you try to reach him. He has abandoned that account my drone is bound to. I will do once more try to contact the previous owners or the craigslist seller and ask him to and check back again in a week or 2 and see if the owner unbinds it Thank you. Meanwhile I still have one more of my flights left' with it  out of the 5 flights given. Sorry I say too much.
2022-12-23
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If I understand your post correctly you are now saying that it turns out that this was / is a found / misappropriated  drone.
If that is correct and irrespective of the fact that you are an innocent party in this, then why should anyone, including DJI, and certainly the drone's true owner help you lift / undo any bindings. Shouldn't the thing to do be hand the drone into the Police with your story.
If you were the original owner and asked to undo the bindings so that someone else could fly your drone what would your response be?
2022-12-23
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

Boy that's a lot of words. Only to find out the previous owner got it/sold it illegally. I hope you got a good deal, as those 5 flights are all you're going to get with this drone. Sorry to say it, but you got robbed.
2022-12-23
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Take it and the receipt to the local police station.
2022-12-23
Use props
Waynesk
lvl.2

United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-23 06:40
If I understand your post correctly you are now saying that it turns out that this was / is a found / misappropriated  drone.
If that is correct and irrespective of the fact that you are an innocent party in this, then why should anyone, including DJI, and certainly the drone's true owner help you lift / undo any bindings. Shouldn't the thing to do be hand the drone into the Police with your story.
If you were the original owner and asked to undo the bindings so that someone else could fly your drone what would your response be?

Can I buy a new motherboard and install it? What are the technical specs on parts? and when A new motherboard is installed can I bind it to my account?
2022-12-29
Use props
Waynesk
lvl.2

United States

Hey buddy hurry up i AM WAITING
2022-12-29
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Waynesk Posted at 12-29 20:23
Hey buddy hurry up i AM WAITING

I don't think there can be much rush with more than two weeks between your previous post and these two, besides people here are not at you beck and call.

That said I doubt you can buy, from DJI or their official outlets, a new motherboard. I would suspect that the best you could get is a second hand board, with all the risks that that entails, from some private seller and that then you will run into problems with pairing it with the camera and gimbal. As to the specs and I haven't a clue.
Your best bet is, in my opinion, to consider the drone dead and buried or, at best, a source of some useful spare parts and look for another bought with your new knowledge in mind.
2022-12-30
Use props
Waynesk
lvl.2

United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 2022-12-23 06:40

Well, if I were the original owner and owner of the account that it is bound to, I would have immediately unbound it when I realized I lost it. Because of financial responsibilities of damages that could occur with another holder flying it. DJI granted me five flights when I first turned it on because I thought I was using a controller that was not bound to it. I could be wrong about that but for some reason DJI is giving me five flights. After reading that I did not know what binding was, so I turned my drone off to look up this new binding to an account was about. After I familiarized myself with the whole fly away coverage thing, I turned it on to update it. When it came on it said I had four flights left. I updated it and it restarted itself and then I turned it off. When I turned it back on when I was ready to fly it said I had two flights left and I had not even flown it yet. It is not flights DJI granted it is more like power off and on they granted me. Let me get back to what you asked now if I was the owner what I would do. This is why I would not want it bound to an account in my name. For example, what if a new owner wanted to fly to an amusement park and get a video of the rollercoaster and people riding it. The drone accidentally is flown head on into someone's face on the roller coaster causing severe lacerations to the face and all sorts of other injuries. Who are the detectives going to go after? Yep, you guessed it. It is the same with a car with your name on the title. There are endless scenarios of what can happen that can cause financial responsibilities. If you lost a car that your name was on the title, would you want to get that name off there if anyone could be driving it around town. Sure, you report it to the police but what are they going to do if you lose it? Nothing unless it is found to have caused property damage in a car accident. Then because the driver has no money the responsibility will go to the legal owner.
2023-1-18
Use props
Waynesk
lvl.2

United States

Waynesk Posted at 1-18 18:33
Well, if I were the original owner and owner of the account that it is bound to, I would have immediately unbound it when I realized I lost it. Because of financial responsibilities of damages that could occur with another holder flying it. DJI granted me five flights when I first turned it on because I thought I was using a controller that was not bound to it. I could be wrong about that but for some reason DJI is giving me five flights. After reading that I did not know what binding was, so I turned my drone off to look up this new binding to an account was about. After I familiarized myself with the whole fly away coverage thing, I turned it on to update it. When it came on it said I had four flights left. I updated it and it restarted itself and then I turned it off. When I turned it back on when I was ready to fly it said I had two flights left and I had not even flown it yet. It is not flights DJI granted it is more like power off and on they granted me. Let me get back to what you asked now if I was the owner what I would do. This is why I would not want it bound to an account in my name. For example, what if a new owner wanted to fly to an amusement park and get a video of the rollercoaster and people riding it. The drone accidentally is flown head on into someone's face on the roller coaster causing severe lacerations to the face and all sorts of other injuries. Who are the detectives going to go after? Yep, you guessed it. It is the same with a car with your name on the title. There are endless scenarios of what can happen that can cause financial responsibilities. If you lost a car that your name was on the title, would you want to get that name off there if anyone could be driving it around town. Sure, you report it to the police but what are they going to do if you lose it? Nothing unless it is found to have caused property damage in a car accident. Then because the driver has no money the responsibility will go to the legal owner.

I wanted to add that I have not done anything wrong and my responses here are tainted with suspicion from all of you. Shame on your customer skills. Is that what you're here to do, is assume we are all liars and thieves, disbelieve your customers claims, treat every binding, banding, and bound claim like it is not DJI responsibility because the original owner bound it to their account not DJI. Original owners don't have a choice, or they cannot fly their drone.  It is DJI decision to make binding a drone to an account mandatory  
My DJI Air 2S is not a misappropriated drone.  How can you say that? I told you that it was witnessed landing in the street in traffic making the original owner flying it unlawful. If anyone who can not control a DJI drone safely in a public area is being negligent and a nuisance. If that drone would have landed right in the path of a motorcycle or automobile the person flying it committed the crime of reckless endangerment. It was flying in the dark and what does DJI recommend in the user manual for a DJI Air 2S. DJI specifically warned about the dangers of flying in those conditions and does not recommend doing so. Therefore, the flyer was making a negligent choice to fly at night. The previous holder that witnessed it land did the original owner and the commuters on that road an act of kindness to grab it out of the street preventing its destruction or causing damage to an automobile or motorcycle. He held onto that abandoned drone for an hour waiting for the owner to show up. His bus showed up and he could not wait any longer. He tried to notify the owner but to no available. He did not set out with the plans to steal a drone that day. He did nothing wrong either. The only reason I purchased it was because DJI claimed the controller to my DJI Mavic Air 2  ( purchased new ) is compatible with the DJI Air 2S. They didn't advertise that it was temporary compatible or limited to 5 flights. That is border line false advertisement right there. I would never have purchased a used DJI Air 2S without a remote control if DJI didn't advertise my remote supported that drone. That is like hanging the carrot in front of a customers face. Why would DJI make the Mavic Air 2S controller compatible with a DJI Air 2S when every DJI Air 2S is sold with a controller accept used ones.  Everything I wrote about in this message would be different if my DJI Air2s was reported as a fly away or reported stolen. BUT IT IS NOT. So why don’t DJI unbind it.
Where I live if someone acquires a abandoned automobile they can legally drive it as long as it is not reported as stolen or missing. The laws are that when the tabs expire the car needs to go through State Police inspection and if everything is operating on the car correctly it passes the inspection the new holder has to send a certified letter to the legal owners last known address requesting to own the vehicle or to return it back. After 60 days if there is no response, the holder can now legally register as the registered owner and buy new tabs legally for 3 years and during that 3 years if the legal owner asks for it return it has to be returned to the legal owner. If 3 years goes by and the legal owner never asks for it back the registered owner can become the new legal owner. Why don’t DJI follow a similar policy. MY DJI AIR 2S IS NOT REPORTED STOLEN OR MISSING.
2023-1-20
Use props
Waynesk
lvl.2

United States

Waynesk Posted at 1-20 04:00
I wanted to add that I have not done anything wrong and my responses here are tainted with suspicion from all of you. Shame on your customer skills. Is that what you're here to do, is assume we are all liars and thieves, disbelieve your customers claims, treat every binding, banding, and bound claim like it is not DJI responsibility because the original owner bound it to their account not DJI. Original owners don't have a choice, or they cannot fly their drone.  It is DJI decision to make binding a drone to an account mandatory  
My DJI Air 2S is not a misappropriated drone.  How can you say that? I told you that it was witnessed landing in the street in traffic making the original owner flying it unlawful. If anyone who can not control a DJI drone safely in a public area is being negligent and a nuisance. If that drone would have landed right in the path of a motorcycle or automobile the person flying it committed the crime of reckless endangerment. It was flying in the dark and what does DJI recommend in the user manual for a DJI Air 2S. DJI specifically warned about the dangers of flying in those conditions and does not recommend doing so. Therefore, the flyer was making a negligent choice to fly at night. The previous holder that witnessed it land did the original owner and the commuters on that road an act of kindness to grab it out of the street preventing its destruction or causing damage to an automobile or motorcycle. He held onto that abandoned drone for an hour waiting for the owner to show up. His bus showed up and he could not wait any longer. He tried to notify the owner but to no available. He did not set out with the plans to steal a drone that day. He did nothing wrong either. The only reason I purchased it was because DJI claimed the controller to my DJI Mavic Air 2  ( purchased new ) is compatible with the DJI Air 2S. They didn't advertise that it was temporary compatible or limited to 5 flights. That is border line false advertisement right there. I would never have purchased a used DJI Air 2S without a remote control if DJI didn't advertise my remote supported that drone. That is like hanging the carrot in front of a customers face. Why would DJI make the Mavic Air 2S controller compatible with a DJI Air 2S when every DJI Air 2S is sold with a controller accept used ones.  Everything I wrote about in this message would be different if my DJI Air2s was reported as a fly away or reported stolen. BUT IT IS NOT. So why don’t DJI unbind it.
Where I live if someone acquires a abandoned automobile they can legally drive it as long as it is not reported as stolen or missing. The laws are that when the tabs expire the car needs to go through State Police inspection and if everything is operating on the car correctly it passes the inspection the new holder has to send a certified letter to the legal owners last known address requesting to own the vehicle or to return it back. After 60 days if there is no response, the holder can now legally register as the registered owner and buy new tabs legally for 3 years and during that 3 years if the legal owner asks for it return it has to be returned to the legal owner. If 3 years goes by and the legal owner never asks for it back the registered owner can become the new legal owner. Why don’t DJI follow a similar policy. MY DJI AIR 2S IS NOT REPORTED STOLEN OR MISSING.

Not one of you dare to reply to my last post Hugh. Too sensitive for the forum even? Maybe it is your reputation of being the best, "Know it all".  It might have been easier to talk about things if I said I seen a UFO somewhere. What would be tabooer? Is there a hint of the possibility that my last 2 posts are correct?
2023-1-29
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23325935 ft
United States

Waynesk Posted at 1-29 01:12
Not one of you dare to reply to my last post Hugh. Too sensitive for the forum even? Maybe it is your reputation of being the best, "Know it all".  It might have been easier to talk about things if I said I seen a UFO somewhere. What would be tabooer? Is there a hint of the possibility that my last 2 posts are correct?

Well, if you didn't write a novel each time you posted, we'd be more apt to respond. The way your demeanor has changed as this thread goes on would make anybody not want to deal with you.

Look man, you bought a drone from a third party without any verification that it was legit and the deal went south. I'm very sorry you experienced that. All there is to do is contact your financial institution to hopefully reverse the charge and file a police report.

When all that is done, go buy a new drone from a reputable store and be happy.
2023-1-29
Use props
Waynesk
lvl.2

United States

OK you're right. I have let my demeaner get away from me. Even though I did not like what you said you were respectful. So, I will be respectful to you. Have you ever heard of DJI giving a drone 5 flights like my situation?
2023-2-5
Use props
DroneApe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459954 ft
United States

Waynesk Posted at 2-5 01:58
OK you're right. I have let my demeaner get away from me. Even though I did not like what you said you were respectful. So, I will be respectful to you. Have you ever heard of DJI giving a drone 5 flights like my situation?

This happened 5 months ago and you’re still stewing about it.  You’ve been stewing for 5 months over $250 and you work at Boeing and your wife works at Microsoft.   Incredulous.  
2023-2-5
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DroneApe Posted at 2-5 03:48
This happened 5 months ago and you’re still stewing about it.  You’ve been stewing for 5 months over $250 and you work at Boeing and your wife works at Microsoft.   Incredulous.

2023-2-5
Use props
Waynesk
lvl.2

United States

How do I send you a private message. I will pm you my confirmation of Boeing employment.
2023-2-7
Use props
Waynesk
lvl.2

United States

Waynesk Posted at 2-7 00:18
How do I send you a private message. I will pm you my confirmation of Boeing employment.

I have 9 yrs.
2023-2-7
Use props
Waynesk
lvl.2

United States

blue_canyon21 Posted at 1-29 08:52
Well, if you didn't write a novel each time you posted, we'd be more apt to respond. The way your demeanor has changed as this thread goes on would make anybody not want to deal with you.

Look man, you bought a drone from a third party without any verification that it was legit and the deal went south. I'm very sorry you experienced that. All there is to do is contact your financial institution to hopefully reverse the charge and file a police report.

I don't need to buy another drone I have a DJI Maveric air 2 that works great.
2023-2-7
Use props
Waynesk
lvl.2

United States

Ok OK OK OK.....OK I get it! IT'S part of DJI's Flyaway coverage. DJI has no part of linking a drone to an Account. It is protection for the owner to prevent any unwanted flying of a DJI drone.  Does anyone else want to add to this? Are we all on the same page? If I agreed with all of you about if I was the original owner  would I want someone else flying my drone. No I would not want them to fly it. Not at all. I would assume by binding it to my account this would prevent that. My case is a prime example why binding to an account does not do what it is suppose to do. The person who owns the account my DJI Air 2S is linked to has to worry about me flying it 5 times. What is the point for both sides now? Please try to contact the original owner again. Please. There is no other way I can contact them.
2023-2-7
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

wow.  first time reading this story and i don't want to re-hash what has already been said but if you are dealing with someone you asked for a $250 refund and they said they cannot because "they have already spent the money...."  means you should not have bought the drone from them in the first place.  maybe it's worth it to you but take it to small claims court or conciliation court or whatever they call it in WA.  however once someone sees what you paid for a2s, i dont think you will win.
2023-2-7
Use props
Waynesk
lvl.2

United States

Yes I very much am a Boeing employee and I will tell you the corporate corruption that was with the 737 Max was at a factory in another city than the one I work at. The best business practices is one of Boeing's codes of conduct. That is why I am making a big deal about this Binding, Banding, and bounded stuff. I do belong on a team for a giant company, and I recognize bad business when I see it. I help the ones that can not stand up for themselves. Now when I hear a co-worker talk about DJI, I do not have good things to say about them.  
2023-4-2
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blimey, 5 months and you are still going on about this.

You paid $250 for this and got your eye wiped, the price alone would have rung alarm bells for me.

With your probable income that's likely to be pocket change to you.  

Do yourself a favour, forget about the drone.

Everyone else has.

2023-4-2
Use props
Waynesk
lvl.2

United States

You just don't understand it Bumble B. This is not about pocket change. It is about best business practice. I am not alone here with a binding problem. There are many more and more to come. I hope all that reads this learn from it and know how insufficient your customer service is.  Yes Bumble B it is pocket change to me. But I don't waste my time or money. Most people at my economic level are in a fools paradise and many at your age. I am mid-age and my home is paid for with no loan. Take your poor advice and write it down and save it on a nice piece of paper all wrapped up neat and clean and keep it somewhere safe for about 20 years (Don't let it get wet) so that when you get old and more experience in this world you can read it and remind you of my dissatisfaction. Have yourself a big cup of g    ck         lf.      
2023-4-18
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2023-4-18
Use props
djiuser_GFVaE1rch8OT
New
Flight distance : 260722 ft

United States

I had the samething happen with a mini 3 pro that i bought from a place that sells amazon returns i contacted dji and it's like they trained to say the same thing every time and like you said it’s not about the money but about the customer service they have , i was told they escalated my case to the highest level and they would contact me as soon as they heard anything from previous owner who obviously don’t care about it because he got his money back when he returned the drone to amazon right but anyways a few months passed and i decided to contact DJI again and this time they said they never contacted the previous owner because i didn’t reply to their email which is a lie because i have those emails and when i told them that they said oh im sorry we did try to contact the previous owner but no response but we can escalate this for you which again last time they said they escalated my case to the top after that no response when they got caught on so many lies
3-20 23:46
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules