WAIT WHAT!? No Replacement Cable AVAILABLE!?
848 4 2022-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BattleBoston
New

United States

I desperately need some help. I've talked with DJI's support team and it was insanely frustrating and fruitless.

Here's the skinny:

I own an Ronin RS2. The camera control cable that allows me to use the focus motor unit broke. This cable is:

DJI R Multi-Camera Control Cable for RS 2 & RSC 2 (USB Type-C)

It has been out of stock EVERYWHERE for months. the DJI store, BHPhotovideo, Adorama, Amazon... and other resellers. I have searched and yet to find.

THIS CABLE IS LITERALLY A USB-C to USB-C CABLE. However, even though I have dozens of C to C cables there is some strange proprietary magic that forces me to need a cable that DJI has not made available for MONTHS! This makes my focus motor USELESS!

1 - Does anybody know of a workaround? (I purchased the Camera control for the Ronin SC USB-C to C and it DID NOT WORK)
2 - I am waitlisted on ALL sites that are on back order - is there any site or second hand person out there selling a surplus of this unique cable?
3 - Is it a little rediculous that DJI has made a proprietary cable in the form factor of a standard cable... and then has not made that part available to it's customers for months? If you want to control the market and make custom parts... FINE. Just let me be able to purchase them!!!

Any help the community can provide in an effort to be able to use my product again would be greatly appreciated.
2022-10-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there.
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
We will check this problem and see how we can help you more.
Besides, if there is anything else that we can help with, please let us know.
2022-10-31
Use props
BattleBoston
New

United States

Thanks for the response. That's basically what the support team said.
This is really a proprietary cable and it is still not available to purchase... that was over a month ago.
2022-11-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

BattleBoston Posted at 11-2 14:26
This is really a proprietary cable and it is still not available to purchase... that was over a month ago.

We have sent you a PM to confirm details with you, please have a look. Thank you.
2022-11-3
Use props
fans10fd7091
lvl.1

United States

BattleBoston Posted at 11-2 14:26

Ive notice that too...like why force us to buy a $20 cable when type c is everywhere. At least send us 3 or 4 cables for $20 but for just 1 .... I have found cables that will connect and control iso via the wheel. But no luck finding a cable that will transfer raveneye to the roin screen. Even my expensive thunderbolt cables didn't work.
2022-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules