Ireland

Is this possible with the RC Pro?

2022-10-31
Use props
CuAnnan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69432 ft
Ireland

Found a vijo about it. I need to install some software on my laptop, but I'll sort that out myself.
2022-10-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for bringing this query to us. If you are using the DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise, this unit does support the Livestream function using the DJI Pilot and it supports RTMP Livestream. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-10-31
Use props
Studbaker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3750853 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I cant find the feature to Stream on the RC PRO Enterprise. I am looking under "Image transmission Settings" but cant find anything related to Stream.  Where do I find it ?
2022-11-28
Use props
CuAnnan
lvl.4
Ireland

Studbaker Posted at 11-28 06:05
I cant find the feature to Stream on the RC PRO Enterprise. I am looking under "Image transmission Settings" but cant find anything related to Stream.  Where do I find it ?

Oh yeah. They buried it. The interface is garbage.

I'll get out my controller now and try to get screen shots
2022-11-28
Use props
CuAnnan
lvl.4
Ireland

Okay. So you start with this screen.

You want to click on Cloud Services, because obviously that has absolutely nothing to do with RTMP so that's where it's been put.

Then you want to click on

Which brings you to this

Then clicking on the cloud icon in the top left produces this

But I can't get the DJI to stream to the computer.
2022-11-28
Use props
CuAnnan
lvl.4
Ireland

I have tried using two separate RTMP servers, Mona and Local RTMP Server for the Mac, both display exactly the same behaviour.
The stream presents as a single still image and then crashes.

If anyone has had any success in streaming to anything other than youTube or Facebook I would appreciate a hand.
2022-11-28
Use props
CuAnnan
lvl.4
Ireland

I have confirmed that both apps work with RTMP devices other than the DJI RC Pro. So I'm wondering if this isn't a bug.
2022-11-28
Use props
CuAnnan
lvl.4
Ireland

Streaming to YouTube also does not work.
2022-11-28
Use props
CuAnnan
lvl.4
Ireland

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-31 19:19
Hi there. Thank you for bringing this query to us. If you are using the DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise, this unit does support the Livestream function using the DJI Pilot and it supports RTMP Livestream. Thank you for your valued support.

None of my attempts to live stream have worked.
Owing to the fact that I can stream from my phone to both Local RTMP Server for the mac and Mona on the mac, but not the RC Pro and given the Stream to YouTube doesn't work, I believe the problem is on your end.
2022-11-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

CuAnnan Posted at 11-28 16:01
Owing to the fact that I can stream from my phone to both Local RTMP Server for the mac and Mona on the mac, but not the RC Pro and given the Stream to YouTube doesn't work, I believe the problem is on your end.

Thank you for keeping us posted. We will coordinate this with our designated team for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-12-1
Use props
CuAnnan
lvl.4
Ireland

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-1 02:19
Thank you for keeping us posted. We will coordinate this with our designated team for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Am I likely to hear back about this?
2022-12-6
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

CuAnnan Posted at 11-28 16:01
Owing to the fact that I can stream from my phone to both Local RTMP Server for the mac and Mona on the mac, but not the RC Pro and given the Stream to YouTube doesn't work, I believe the problem is on your end.

I doubt the problem is on DJI's end as I have been live streaming with the M3E since day one.  I set up a RTMP server and use it daily as a backup/flight record for all flights that I do.  

My setup is pretty simple.  

NGINX server on Windows - and works flawlessly both from streaming via DJI Pilot 2 app, DJI Fly, and DJI Go4.  As well as Larix Broadcaster and others.  

I have it set up so that clients can see my flight in near real time from a URL I provide, and then they can see what I am seeing live.  Also, the .FLV files get saved to a Google drive so footage is archived across several devices.  

I made this video a while back when asked about this on DJI Fly, but nothing has changed on server setup.

2022-12-6
Use props
CuAnnan
lvl.4
Ireland

TonyPHX Posted at 12-6 06:57
I doubt the problem is on DJI's end as I have been live streaming with the M3E since day one.  I set up a RTMP server and use it daily as a backup/flight record for all flights that I do.  

What are you running behind NGINX to handle the RTMP part?

And given that two other RTMP apps are working on the same network, why would the RCPro/M3E not be streaming successfully to the mac?
2022-12-7
Use props
CuAnnan
lvl.4
Ireland

I doubt the problem is on DJI's end as I have been live streaming with the M3E since day one.  I set up a RTMP server and use it daily as a backup/flight record for all flights that I do.  

Also, that's not where Streaming is located on the RCPro and  my M3 doesn't seem to have any RTMP settings anywhere.
2022-12-8
Use props
CuAnnan
lvl.4
Ireland

Ohhh... nginx just has an RTMP module. Gonna look into that as a possible solution.
2022-12-8
Use props
CuAnnan
lvl.4
Ireland

Okay, having just gotten nginx-rtmp running on my mac and learning enough of the docs to get basic streaming up and running; larix works. the RCPro is still not streaming.
My transmission screen doesn't have the streaming, it's located in the cloud services.

I've used a setup like this.

When I stream from my phone, VLC works for the url rtmp://127.0.0.1:1935/live/phone and the files show up in that folder called "phone*.ts" which is what I'd expect from the url /live/phone.
When I try to stream from the RCPro, the ts files show up in the folder defined alright, but the RTMP URL rtmp://127.0.0.1:1935/live/drone doesn't resolve in VLC.
2022-12-8
Use props
CuAnnan
lvl.4
Ireland

This totally got me on the right path. Sorry about the stream of consciousness during my attempt to make nginx work on the mac and realising that the 403 wasn't really a 403
2022-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules