Mavic Air 2 Controller Not Charging or Turning ON
5986 17 2022-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bburdette
New
Flight distance : 336706 ft
United States

I purchased the Dji Air 2 in May of this year and have only flew it a few times. I have taken unbeliavable care of it. I got it out yesterday to fly it and tried to turn on the controller. All the controller would do when I hit the power button was the 4 green lights all came on for about 4 secs then turned off. No beep or sounds. So I thought maybe it neeeded charging. When I pluged it up to the charger all 4 green lights came on then started a sequence of the greeen lights turing on. First light, second light, third ight, then the fourth. It done this for a fews secconds then stopped. The controller was dead. What is going on with this controller? Any ideas? I bought this in May, does it have a factory warranty? Please help!

Thanks for any help.
2022-10-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Bburdette. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. Kindly please try to press the power button once then release, then press again and hold for two seconds to turn your DJI Mavic Air 2's remote controller on or off. If the issue still persist kindly please post a short sample video showing the issue for us to be able to assist you further. Thank you.
2022-10-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

HI there. thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble. Can you please send us a short video showing the RC when you turn it on? Can you please try to press the power button twice? One short press then one long press (hold the power button) then check if the issue persists. You may upload the video of the issue on Google drive or Youtube and send the link here to us. Please ke ep us posted. Thank you.
2022-10-31
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23370489 ft
United States

Did you just push the button once or did you push it once and then hold it?
2022-11-1
Use props
Bburdette
New
Flight distance : 336706 ft
United States

blue_canyon21 Posted at 11-1 10:57
Did you just push the button once or did you push it once and then hold it?

I tried both ways.
2022-11-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Thank you for confirming and we are sorry to know that the issue persists, Bburdette. We will be waiting for you to upload the video of the remote controller's behavior to assess further. Your kind understanding is appreciated and thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-1
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1757375 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can sell you one. I have an extra one.
2022-11-2
Use props
djiuser_wok84qIHYXOe
New

Nigeria

Good evening dji! please my controller is not charging and it's not turning on, am also feeling heat from it as it's not even showing sign of turning on, what should I do??
2023-6-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_wok84qIHYXOe Posted at 6-12 10:40
Good evening dji! please my controller is not charging and it's not turning on, am also feeling heat from it as it's not even showing sign of turning on, what should I do??

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry you're experiencing such concerns. Can you confirm what specific RC and drone you're using? Also, have you tried using a different charger to check? If possible, please post a short video showing how you turn the RC on. Thank you.
2023-6-12
Use props
djiuser_wok84qIHYXOe
New

Nigeria

DJI Tony Posted at 6-12 11:21
Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry you're experiencing such concerns. Can you confirm what specific RC and drone you're using? Also, have you tried using a different charger to check? If possible, please post a short video showing how you turn the RC on. Thank you.

My drone Mavic Air 2
2023-6-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Thanks for the update. Can you confirm whether you have tried using a different charger? We also would like to see its behaviour so kindly post a short video showing how the RC is turned on. Thank you.
2023-6-14
Use props
goproshubham
lvl.1

India

Same thing happened to my Mavic Air 2 Controller. I flew the drone, landed it and then I noticed the controller is not stopping/starting at all. No charging too. It gets hot while charging too. I have tried different chargers too.

Can it be the latest software update?
I am trying to add URL for video. But I am getting "You do not have permission to add a URL". How do I add the URL for video?

2023-7-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

goproshubham Posted at 7-8 19:47
Same thing happened to my Mavic Air 2 Controller. I flew the drone, landed it and then I noticed the controller is not stopping/starting at all. No charging too. It gets hot while charging too. I have tried different chargers too.

Can it be the latest software update?

Hi. Sorry for the late response. Are you getting any light when charging the controller?
2023-7-11
Use props
goproshubham
lvl.1

India

DJI Tony Posted at 7-11 22:24
Hi. Sorry for the late response. Are you getting any light when charging the controller?

No problem. No no lights at all.

PS- I did the software update one day before the flight.
2023-7-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

goproshubham Posted at 7-13 20:16
No problem. No no lights at all.

PS- I did the software update one day before the flight.

Hi sorry for the late reply. Since you have already tried charging it with different chargers and it's also not showing any lights we suggest sending the remote controller for repair. By the way, where are you located?
2023-7-19
Use props
goproshubham
lvl.1

India

DJI Tony Posted at 7-19 00:22
Hi sorry for the late reply. Since you have already tried charging it with different chargers and it's also not showing any lights we suggest the remote controller for repair. By the way, where are you located?

Okay. I am in India. Seems like there are no first party DJI service centers in India. I will check for some authorized service centers. Do you have any input on how to find service centers in India or some list I can refer?
2023-7-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

goproshubham Posted at 7-21 01:14
Okay. I am in India. Seems like there are no first party DJI service centers in India. I will check for some authorized service centers. Do you have any input on how to find service centers in India or some list I can refer?

Sorry, goproshubham. There are no DJI Authorized Retail Stores in India to sell drones or repair them. Simple consultations are available but aftersales repair service cannot be provided. We don't have information for 3rd party repair stores, but hopefully, your DJI co-pilots here can give you recommendations. Thank you for understanding and have a great day ahead.
2023-7-21
Use props
djiuser_UEhjCMIaH65Y
New
Flight distance : 925 ft
United Kingdom

My dji mavic air 2 will not charge since update it is completely dead. I had 2 lights on the controller, i plugged it in came back an hour later and its dead.  Any ideas.
3-25 11:42
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules