6932 146 2022-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thenaynhe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 928885 ft
Vietnam

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-9 17:36
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know through which channel did you contact our support? May we have your ticket number or other reference numbers like your email address or phone number?

Yes of course, my email; 1982tdt@gmail.com
2022-11-10
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

gnirtS Posted at 11-1 07:45
This.  People have disassembled the camera and its not sealed, no o-rings, nothing.
So moisture is always going to get in.
Its a poor design but it IS the design so replacements wont be any different.

There is an O ring in it.
2022-11-10
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

thenaynhe Posted at 11-10 19:28
Yes of course, my email;

Thanks for your reply. May we know when and which way you used to contact the support? We are unable to find your email or history records. You may resend an email to our teams by entering this address: support@dji.com
2022-11-11
Use props
sgfat
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9629 ft
Indonesia

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-10 04:48
Sorry for your confusion. We also communicated with authorized dealers too. Kindly know that we have spared no efforts to offer you the solutions. As for the user above, we are waiting for his reply.  More information helps us find the designated teams in a faster manner.

So what again? I wrote on Saturday, silence. I have written in the morning. Silence... Should I wait another month to replace the drone?!
screenshot 2022-11-14 в 13.23.28.jpg
2022-11-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

sgfat Posted at 11-13 21:25
So what again? I wrote on Saturday, silence. I have written in the morning. Silence... Should I wait another month to replace the drone?!

We are deeply sorry for the waiting, we will contact the corresponding team again and for the latest information.
2022-11-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

sgfat Posted at 11-13 21:25
So what again? I wrote on Saturday, silence. I have written in the morning. Silence... Should I wait another month to replace the drone?!

Hello, there. Sorry for the late response. We got a response from our team that your package has not arrived in our factory.
2022-11-14
Use props
sgfat
lvl.3
Indonesia

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-14 22:11
Hello, there. Sorry for the late response. We got a response from our team that your package has not arrived in our factory.

Seriously? I sent it two weeks ago! This is the most disgusting and slowest service I have ever seen!
2022-11-15
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

sgfat Posted at 11-15 01:41
Seriously? I sent it two weeks ago! This is the most disgusting and slowest service I have ever seen!

May we know if you created a shipping label and shipped the aircraft yourself? If so, you may contact the courier. Your package is supposed on the way to our service center.
2022-11-15
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm sure you received a tracking number?
2022-11-15
Use props
Libitron
lvl.4
Flight distance : 130853 ft
Canada

I use enterprise drones for my business. I was thinking about getting a mini 3 to have kicking around since I just got rid of my mini 2. I never did use the mini 2 for work. I was interested in a mini 3 because I thought maybe it would be good to send into a tight spot from time to time where my matrice drones cannot get. The specs made it more attractive than the mini 2. I don't think I will bother with one now. Based on what this guy reports, it is a weak design at least with the camera and another case where DJI will just laugh it off like they did with a lot of other equipment like the CrystalSky fail for example. I just bought a very lightly used Air 2 for the same type of reasoning. Its camera and gimbal are junk as it turns out. I wish I had seen a post like this one before buying that model. Some people will say I am over reacting. I think those people are trying to make themselves feel ok about owning one. This OP is right, the problem exists. Screw it, they can keep the drone. Thanks for naming your post the way you did. I just came across it when I signed in to check out some other info.
2022-11-15
Use props
sgfat
lvl.3
Indonesia

Flormo2002 Posted at 11-15 05:17
I'm sure you received a tracking number?

The drone was sent by the store where I bought the drone and they are official DJI seller. Already asked them to find out, I'm waiting for an answer.
2022-11-15
Use props
sgfat
lvl.3
Indonesia

Libitron Posted at 11-15 15:06
I use enterprise drones for my business. I was thinking about getting a mini 3 to have kicking around since I just got rid of my mini 2. I never did use the mini 2 for work. I was interested in a mini 3 because I thought maybe it would be good to send into a tight spot from time to time where my matrice drones cannot get. The specs made it more attractive than the mini 2. I don't think I will bother with one now. Based on what this guy reports, it is a weak design at least with the camera and another case where DJI will just laugh it off like they did with a lot of other equipment like the CrystalSky fail for example. I just bought a very lightly used Air 2 for the same type of reasoning. Its camera and gimbal are junk as it turns out. I wish I had seen a post like this one before buying that model. Some people will say I am over reacting. I think those people are trying to make themselves feel ok about owning one. This OP is right, the problem exists. Screw it, they can keep the drone. Thanks for naming your post the way you did. I just came across it when I signed in to check out some other info.

I made the topic title to draw attention to a serious problem. Perhaps the title of the topic should have been more correct: "Don't buy Mini 3 Pro until you read this!" In any case, everyone must decide for himself whether it is worth buying "Mini 3" or not. The problem is not that common, but it is annoying that DJI is practically ignoring and refusing to refund funds to those who have experienced this. It looks like an act of a poor company, which, like a yard dog, will bite into every penny.
2022-11-15
Use props
sgfat
lvl.3
Indonesia

I just now noticed that there are a lot of users here who think that since they don’t have such a problem, then I’m lying and my posts can be downvoted ))) It's so stupid... Then you will cry in the forefront if you encounter a similar problem, and DJI will ask you to endlessly carry your equipment for repairs.
2022-11-15
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

Your jumping the gun prematurely by blaming DJI for "such disgusting and slowest servic" when you may need to be blaming the store where you bought the drone. For all you know at this point, the store maybe hasn't even sent it to DJI and you didn't even get the shipping info from them. Put the blame where it may lie instead of jumping to conclusions.
2022-11-15
Use props
sgfat
lvl.3
Indonesia

Flormo2002 Posted at 11-15 18:37
Your jumping the gun prematurely by blaming DJI for "such disgusting and slowest servic" when you may need to be blaming the store where you bought the drone. For all you know at this point, the store maybe hasn't even sent it to DJI and you didn't even get the shipping info from them. Put the blame where it may lie instead of jumping to conclusions.

Everything was sent on the 4th November. Last time they delivered in 3-4 days, now for some reason they didn’t receive it, plus they don’t always answer me. This is the official service of DJI in Indonesia!

P.S. Before you write something, study the topic! I blame them rightfully! This is my third time sending drone for service. Feel free to read the entire thread, not just the last post, to understand why their service is disgusting and slow!
2022-11-15
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

A couple of facts:
  • An airtight lens is not possible due to pressure fluctuations caused by weather and operation at different altitudes
  • Therefore, a lens breathes in and out the surrounding air
  • Humidity is distributed over time between the environment and the inside of the device
  • Cold air can hold less moisture
  • If the outside temperature suddenly drops and you were previously in a moderately warm and humid environment (e.g. apartment), moisture condenses in the places that get cold the fastest
  • This is usually the Lens

TLDR:
1. Moisture cannot be avoided
2. Therefore, avoid rapid temperature changes, give the drone time to acclimate (YOU have to do this!)

Not wanting to talk about physics if you don't understand physics is ignorance.

As a development engineer of touch screen terminals for vehicles, physics is the most important tool for classifying such phenomena. There, condensate behind display glasses is a well-known effect that you always have to take into account, this happens everywhere where is air. The same applies to the headlights of cars, which can also never be hermetically sealed. Such effects also occur there, physics are unavoidable.
2022-11-15
Use props
sgfat
lvl.3
Indonesia

SeehawerB Posted at 11-15 22:39
A couple of facts:
  • An airtight lens is not possible due to pressure fluctuations caused by weather and operation at different altitudes

• Once again, please read carefully! And then you will know:
    1) where I live, there are no temperature drops sufficient for condensation to form! The approximate temperature of the house is +25, on the street +30 Celsius.
    2) I am a professional photographer, I shot many times in siberian winter at -30 Celsius, and I know how condensation forms! None of my lenses have moisture inside after such temperature changes!
    3) for half a year I used the "Mini 2" in the same conditions and same locations. I almost flew into the waterfall with it and did not experience such problems with the formation of condensate, even on the outer part of the lens!

There is a defect in this model! Please understand this!
    Many users have already contacted me, and if you read this topic before writing, you would see that they wrote here as well. Condensation outside possible, no condensation inside! And this is a fact! Condensation inside means bad construction!
    2022-11-16
    Use props
    sgfat
    lvl.3
    Indonesia

And about the DJI service.
    Here's what their Indonesian office told me yesterday. I'm not surprised... It's been two weeks since I sent the drone, and unfortunately, even to just give me a new box with the drone, I have to wait again.
    screenshot 2022-11-17 в 12.49.50.jpg

2022-11-16
    Use props
    thenaynhe
    lvl.1
    Flight distance : 928885 ft
    Vietnam

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-11 05:57
    Thanks for your reply. May we know when and which way you used to contact the support? We are unable to find your email or history records. You may resend an email to our teams by entering this address:

No thank, send to DJI support ? i do not want :p Nothing to do
    2022-11-18
    Use props
    DJI Wanda
    Administrator

Libitron Posted at 11-15 15:06
    I use enterprise drones for my business. I was thinking about getting a mini 3 to have kicking around since I just got rid of my mini 2. I never did use the mini 2 for work. I was interested in a mini 3 because I thought maybe it would be good to send into a tight spot from time to time where my matrice drones cannot get. The specs made it more attractive than the mini 2. I don't think I will bother with one now. Based on what this guy reports, it is a weak design at least with the camera and another case where DJI will just laugh it off like they did with a lot of other equipment like the CrystalSky fail for example. I just bought a very lightly used Air 2 for the same type of reasoning. Its camera and gimbal are junk as it turns out. I wish I had seen a post like this one before buying that model. Some people will say I am over reacting. I think those people are trying to make themselves feel ok about owning one. This OP is right, the problem exists. Screw it, they can keep the drone. Thanks for naming your post the way you did. I just came across it when I signed in to check out some other info.

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know more details about the issue your Mavic Air2 have?
    2022-11-19
    Use props
    DJI Wanda
    Administrator

sgfat Posted at 11-16 20:50
    And about the DJI service.
    Here's what their Indonesian office told me yesterday. I'm not surprised... It's been two weeks since I sent the drone, and unfortunately, even to just give me a new box with the drone, I have to wait again.
    [view_image]

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. We will ask our teams and see whether they have a way to help you. Thanks for your understanding.
    2022-11-19
    Use props
    DJI Wanda
    Administrator

thenaynhe Posted at 11-18 20:24
    No thank, send to DJI support ? i do not want :p Nothing to do

Hi, there. We are sorry for the late response. We would recommend you reach out to our email support first. They will help you create the case after they determine the issue. If you have any questions, please feel free to talk.
    2022-11-19
    Use props
    danyrr
    lvl.3
    Flight distance : 2527425 ft
    • >>>
    Spain

I had the same problem. I sent it in for repair and received a replacement yesterday. According to themselves they told me it is reconditioned. I need to fly it to check its operation. But I don't trust that the problem has been fixed. Hopefully I'm wrong. I do not agree with DJI's replacement policy. Because my drone, except for that fault, was perfect, like new and had little time. I do not know the history of the reconditioned drone that they have sent me and the flight hours of its engines. Being a manufacturing fault, DJI should assume the error and send a new one in which its intelligent engineers have solved the lens failure.
    2022-11-19
    Use props
    sgfat
    lvl.3
    Indonesia

danyrr Posted at 11-19 02:55
    I had the same problem. I sent it in for repair and received a replacement yesterday. According to themselves they told me it is reconditioned. I need to fly it to check its operation. But I don't trust that the problem has been fixed. Hopefully I'm wrong. I do not agree with DJI's replacement policy. Because my drone, except for that fault, was perfect, like new and had little time. I do not know the history of the reconditioned drone that they have sent me and the flight hours of its engines. Being a manufacturing fault, DJI should assume the error and send a new one in which its intelligent engineers have solved the lens failure.

A few other people told me that DJI were sending restored drones to replace them, not new ones. Please post results when you check. I had fog after a few flights after the service.
    2022-11-19
    Use props
    Bashy
    Captain
    Flight distance : 2354357 ft
    • >>>
    United Kingdom

My only concern really is that when DJI get hold of the drone thats been sent in and they find nothing wrong because the internal fogging doesn't happen for all occasions, they then mark that drone as OK and they then send it back out to someone else that has a warranty issue or drone repair and if its a fogging issue, DJI are sending them back to someone with the exact same issue, a vicious circle. It would explain why someone keep having this issue for every replacement they get.
    2022-11-19
    Use props
    Vương Sơn
    lvl.4
    Flight distance : 883320 ft
    Vietnam

Nếu vẫn thích mini 3pro thì chỉ còn cách tự sửa!Bằng mỡ silicon này
    z3904179688189_77e9033d322cd90c79387d1507d48df1.jpg
    z3904179664702_2298e6fdad73dd05e9ce45b6644a47d3.jpg
    2022-11-23
    Use props
    Vương Sơn
    lvl.4
    Flight distance : 883320 ft
    Vietnam

Nếu các bạn vẫn thích Mini 3pro, chỉ còn cách tự sửa (thêm mỡ silicon và vòng gioăng (O))

IMG_7892.JPG
    2022-11-23
    Use props
    DJI Wanda
    Administrator

danyrr Posted at 11-19 02:55
    I had the same problem. I sent it in for repair and received a replacement yesterday. According to themselves they told me it is reconditioned. I need to fly it to check its operation. But I don't trust that the problem has been fixed. Hopefully I'm wrong. I do not agree with DJI's replacement policy. Because my drone, except for that fault, was perfect, like new and had little time. I do not know the history of the reconditioned drone that they have sent me and the flight hours of its engines. Being a manufacturing fault, DJI should assume the error and send a new one in which its intelligent engineers have solved the lens failure.

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Under our after-sales policy, you can request return or refund  services:
    √ Within fourteen (14) calendar days of receiving a product if the product has no manufacturing defect, has not been activated and is still in new or like-new condition.
    √ Within fourteen (14) calendar days of receiving a product if the product has a manufacturing defect.
    Please note that products and components presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. These refurbished goods have been tested and are similar to brand-new goods in function and appearance. If any refurbished parts or units do not meet our quality assurance requirements, brand-new parts or units will be issued.
    May we know if the replacement aircraft works properly?
    If you have any questions, please feel free to talk.
    2022-11-24
    Use props
    Geo_Drone
    Second Officer
    Flight distance : 2676129 ft
    • >>>
    Romania

Dear smart asses fellow pilots.

I am at 5th replacement of Mini 3...not yet tested as here is raining from 3 days....
    Short message for ones without problems:
    - is about climate...continental-temp climate is different from oceanic one and so on...if is cold outside (around 8-12 Celsius) and humidity at around 70%, you can leave the drone to accommodate until you burry your mother, at the moment you get it in air, the airflow will be transferred from battery to gimbal...is enough to create a "chamber" with negative pressure inside sensor room....if is not airtight, the flow from lens will create fog or mist.

Is THAT SIMPLE.
    I am frankly tired to hear all stupid ideas that is not left outside enough, that does not have silica gel, and so on...No, is just a MISTAKE in design made by DJI...this is simple to prove, take any other drone and see that is no mist INSIDE lens, same area, same moment of flight.

End of story.

The only thing to do: If you are in temperate-continental area with cold mornings, you will get fog, no matter how many time you change the drone, as the rubber in O-ring is not on same position after a couple of flights (rubber should be bigger and softer, in order to create a tighter seal, not that BS rubber that is not fitted properly in O-ring space).
    2022-11-25
    Use props
    DJI Natalia
    Administrator

Geo_Drone Posted at 11-25 01:03

I am at 5th replacement of Mini 3...not yet tested as here is raining from 3 days....

Hi, there.
    We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
    We will forward your feedback to the relevant team. And if you meet any problems with your drone, we will do our best to help.
    2022-11-25
    Use props
    sgfat
    lvl.3
    Indonesia

Thanks for support! I'm tired of answering the same ingenious advice "It's okay, learn physics" and so on
    By the way, DJI still haven't sent me a new drone! It's just annoying! I thought that service will receive my drone, check the problem and send to me a new one, but no... Disgusting company, despite other products, I understand that they solve problems also slowly and unproductively.
    2022-11-25
    Use props
    ro_walker
    First Officer
    Brazil

Mini 3 Pro is awesome. If you don't use it correctly, you will get fog.
    2022-11-25
    Use props
    sgfat
    lvl.3
    Indonesia

ro_walker Posted at 11-25 09:33
    Mini 3 Pro is awesome. If you don't use it correctly, you will get fog.

Another genius... Please read the topic before posting!
    2022-11-25
    Use props
    sgfat
    lvl.3
    Indonesia

I asked today about a replacement. Considering that the service has not yet received it from the distributor, I will wait longer for a replacement than for a repair... screenshot 2022-11-26 в 22.42.10.jpg
    2022-11-26
    Use props
    Pastime
    Second Officer
    United States

sgfat Posted at 11-25 17:54

My god man please give it a rest already
    2022-11-26
    Use props
    Bashy
    Captain
    Flight distance : 2354357 ft
    • >>>
    United Kingdom

sgfat Posted at 11-25 17:54

that member is just copying off another members post from earlier on in the thread, they have a habit of doing this an i have reported it.
    2022-11-26
    Use props
    hallmark007
    Captain
    Flight distance : 9827923 ft
    • >>>
    Ireland

That all makes very little sense, you say you are on your 5th, so if you know all this why are you continually returning . When you sticks your finger into an electric socket you get a shock and if you continue to do it “yes you’ll continue to get a shock”
    2022-11-26
    Use props
    Billy.RKV
    lvl.4
    Flight distance : 2922815 ft
    Portugal

I am also on my 5th, 1 out of 5 had lens fog, the rest are other defects, one of them being dust behind the main camera lens (which seems to be that I was the first person to have this in the whole community) that affected low light situations and caused blur/out of focus and another one also being the the jello/cripple footage during videos.
    What a disappointment this is being, for someone who relies on such equipment for work purposes, I am forced to continuously let my clients down because of these issues and simply wait only to receive another one with another defect.
    2022-11-26
    Use props
    Pastime
    Second Officer
    United States

sgfat Posted at 11-25 04:11
    Thanks for support! I'm tired of answering the same ingenious advice "It's okay, learn physics" and so on
    By the way, DJI still haven't sent me a new drone! It's just annoying! I thought that service will receive my drone, check the problem and send to me a new one, but no... Disgusting company, despite other products, I understand that they solve problems also slowly and unproductively.

This disgusting company happens to build some of the best drones money can buy.
    2022-11-26
    Use props
    DJI Mindy
    Administrator
    Flight distance : 7 ft
    • >>>

Billy.RKV Posted at 11-26 16:01
    I am also on my 5th, 1 out of 5 had lens fog, the rest are other defects, one of them being dust behind the main camera lens (which seems to be that I was the first person to have this in the whole community) that affected low light situations and caused blur/out of focus and another one also being the the jello/cripple footage during videos.
    What a disappointment this is being, for someone who relies on such equipment for work purposes, I am forced to continuously let my clients down because of these issues and simply wait only to receive another one with another defect.

Hi there, we are sorry for the inconvenience. Could you please provide us with a sample video of this issue for further confirmation?
    2022-11-27
    Use props
    1234Next >
    Advanced
    You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules