Avata Downward Vision Sensor Error After Crash and Replacement
3850 9 2022-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_rxM56ZGSn6A8
lvl.1

United States

Hi Folks,
Hoping to get forum and moderator input before I bite the bullet and send in for service. Avata, motion controller, current firmware, had a crash probably 4 weeks ago at this point. Snagged a branch in sport mode and had a pretty hard fall into a wood pile. Smashed the glass covering on the two cicular downward facing vision sensors on the bottom. Everything else seems to have survived unharmed, battery ejected but other than that, the ony visual was just the smashed the 2 pieces of glass to bits. Found the part from a DJI authorized retailer, received and replaced very easily. Power it back up and still getting the same error. I also haven't been able to get it to recognize the sensors in DJI assistant. I've done every standard thing I can think of. Firmware refresh, dji assistant on various pc's, I've been flying it with the code and malfunctioning sensors. It's a little floaty and doesn't auto land correctly. Just bounces off ground. I have to grab and flip to shut it off but I had been doing that anyway. Have more indoor work coming up and want to get this sorted. Anyone out there have any ideas that are obvious that I am missing or should i just send it in. Thanks
2022-11-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, djiuser_rxM56ZGSn6A8. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to read about this incident. Can you please provide the exact message you're getting along with the error code? Thank you for your cooperation.
2022-11-1
Use props
JAMh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4754715 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I had the same problem but couldn´t find the part.
Can u provide me more info about this part?

Anyway my AVATA is flying perfectly with glass sensors broken.
Just cleaned and restart drone.
2022-11-1
Use props
djiuser_rxM56ZGSn6A8
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-1 09:01
Hi, djiuser_rxM56ZGSn6A8. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to read about this incident. Can you please provide the exact message you're getting along with the error code? Thank you for your cooperation.

Here is the screenshot of the goggle view. Thanks for your help. Please let me know. Thanks!
2022-11-1
Use props
djiuser_rxM56ZGSn6A8
lvl.1

United States

JAMh Posted at 11-1 11:43
I had the same problem but couldn´t find the part.
Can u provide me more info about this part?

Here you go, https://ohiodroneparts.com/collections/dji-avata  Yeah if you aren't throwing the code then you should be good. I was hoping. Still very manageable but like I had to fly in Highrise with no gps the other day and it was a very high end client. This was the Avata's time to sine and I just didn't feel comfortable enough when I got it up in the air with out the vision sensors working. It was too floaty and responding poorly to inputs on the controller. Was a bummer. Just needs to be fixed. I'm super happy with this drone. So much fun so far.
2022-11-1
Use props
lucastran102
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1130148 ft
  • >>>
Vietnam

Check the cable and the connection between vision sensor and flight controller board.
2022-11-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_rxM56ZGSn6A8 Posted at 11-1 19:36
[view_image] Here is the screenshot of the goggle view. Thanks for your help. Please let me know. Thanks!

Hi there. Thank you for sending this screenshot and for adding some necessary details. We are sincerely sorry you are going through these difficulties. Since the drone crashed and this kind of error shows, we highly recommend that you send your drone back to us for further diagnosis and repair. You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. We understand that this is not the answer that you look forward to, but this would be the best thing to do in this situation. In addition, warranty service can be claimed depending on the result of the Damage Assessment. Your kind understanding is appreciated and thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-2
Use props
djiuser_rxM56ZGSn6A8
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-2 10:08
Hi there. Thank you for sending this screenshot and for adding some necessary details. We are sincerely sorry you are going through these difficulties. Since the drone crashed and this kind of error shows, we highly recommend that you send your drone back to us for further diagnosis and repair. You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. We understand that this is not the answer that you look forward to, but this would be the best thing to do in this situation. In addition, warranty service can be claimed depending on the result of the Damage Assessment. Your kind understanding is appreciated and thank you for your continued support.

Thank you I will send in.
2022-11-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hello there. You're very welcome. Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-3
Use props
JAMh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4754715 ft
  • >>>
Spain

djiuser_rxM56ZGSn6A8 Posted at 11-1 19:43
Here you go, https://ohiodroneparts.com/collections/dji-avata  Yeah if you aren't throwing the code then you should be good. I was hoping. Still very manageable but like I had to fly in Highrise with no gps the other day and it was a very high end client. This was the Avata's time to sine and I just didn't feel comfortable enough when I got it up in the air with out the vision sensors working. It was too floaty and responding poorly to inputs on the controller. Was a bummer. Just needs to be fixed. I'm super happy with this drone. So much fun so far.

THX

Looks like the have more parts than DJI store.
At least in Spain they don't have this parts.

THX A LOT
2022-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules