I am in need of some help designing a custom app for the EP series
1808 2 2022-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MarkyMayhem
lvl.1

United States

Hello all!  I have been primarily a lurker in the community thus far, other than some inquiries regarding the S1 series robot programming.
To make a long story short, I am working with a partner, who is now a DJI dealer, on a special small industrial inspection robot based around the S1 robot turret, battery, and wheels, with custom CNC chassis, attachments etc.

I connected with a member of the forum months ago when we first started this project, and have links to the EP firmware upgrade - which essentially turns the S1 into an EP, software - wise.

After extensively reading the EP programming documentation, I know what I need, but lack the skills to acomplish it.

The EP series robot has a mode where it can accept commands via USB, serial, direct WIFI, wifi over a router, via an aurdiuno serial connection etc, and will perform those commands.

I am looking for someone to take on a paid project, to essentially make a simplified version of the existing control software, using the functionality of the EP series motherboard.

I hope this is not inapropriate to ask here, but I don't know where else to ask, and I have somewhat exhausted my resources.

Thank you, and have a wonderful day!

-Mark

2022-11-1
Use props
BGA
lvl.4
United States

I replied to your last message and asked for more details. What is the simplified control software supposed to do? If it is just allowing the robot to be moved around (by a human driver in, say, a computer) it is one thing. But if you need the robot to react autonomously to anything, then it is a different thing. Can you clarify?
2022-11-6
Use props
MarkyMayhem
lvl.1

United States

BGA Posted at 11-6 04:40
I replied to your last message and asked for more details. What is the simplified control software supposed to do? If it is just allowing the robot to be moved around (by a human driver in, say, a computer) it is one thing. But if you need the robot to react autonomously to anything, then it is a different thing. Can you clarify?

Surely!  And thank you for your reply.  Your SDK and information was so helpful, and you had indicated that you were busy, so I didn't want to bother you, and I apologize for such a long delay in getting back to you.

So essentially...  There is nothing autonomous,   It would be a human driver on a smart phone, with nothing more than "regular" two stick driving, tank mode for a 3D printed track option we've designed, moving the turret with the camera, recording video to the SD card and transmitting it live.  There is a light we've added to the turret and a circuit we're using one of the outputs on the motherboard to power it.  It has a manual 3 way brightness control.  It would be great if we could use the R B G function from the EP robot to instead do 3 levels of brightness using the app.  That's about as fancy as we're looking to get.  
In the near future, we've got 2 other robot designs that would add a few more features, but that's about it for now.  My friend/client who's done the prototyping and such had become a DJI dealer, and they are pretty excited about working with us, but not to the point of doing app development!  We do have access to any dealer software etc.   I hope that answers your questions more thoroughly?  I have the basic outline of what needs to be done, all of the tools necessary to accomplish the end goal, and just a hair of the skills needed to get it all together.  
2022-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules