Phantom 3 Standard Not Connecting to DJI GO
12Next >
41610 49 2015-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tylerchannell
lvl.1

United States

I am unable to get the DJI GO app to recognize my Phantom 3 Standard. The remote control links to the phantom, and I am able to enter the "12341234" password to the phantom wifi network, but once I open the DJI GO app, I can't seem to get it to recognize my Phantom 3 Standard. I'm using an iPhone 5S with iOS 8.4.

Anyone else having this issue or ideas on how to fix this issue?
2015-8-12
Use props
soerheim.emil
lvl.2
Norway

You are supposed to use the USB cable between the controller and your mobile.
2015-8-12
Use props
tylerlc
lvl.1

United States

There is no USB cable for the remote to the iPhone. Instead there is a small USB port and nothing else.
2015-08-12 15.30.14.jpg
2015-8-12
Use props
soerheim.emil
lvl.2
Norway

Well that's funny. What does the instructions say?
2015-8-12
Use props
tylerlc
lvl.1

United States

They say that it should connect via Wifi but that doesn't appear to help. Since this is a new product, I assume I won't be the first (iPhone user) to have this issue.
2015-8-12
Use props
goren1818
lvl.1
United States

Yeah it says to connect via wifi and open up the DJI Go app and it should connect. It appears as if the app doesn't support the standard yet. My drone connects to the wifi but nothing happens when I open the app. Is everyone with the standard having this issue?
2015-8-12
Use props
geoffreyhewat
lvl.1

Canada

Having the same problem . Is there an app update coming out soon ??
2015-8-12
Use props
tylerlc
lvl.1

United States

geoffreyhewat@m Posted at 2015-8-13 05:23
Having the same problem . Is there an app update coming out soon ??

I would like to hope that is true. Are you using an iPhone as well?
2015-8-12
Use props
geoffreyhewat
lvl.1

Canada

tylerlc Posted at 2015-8-13 05:41
I would like to hope that is true. Are you using an iPhone as well?

I am on IPad Mini
2015-8-12
Use props
geoffreyhewat
lvl.1

Canada

was disconnected from live chat.

IMG_0273.PNG
2015-8-12
Use props
tylerlc
lvl.1

United States

At least they're aware of the problem now. Hopefully it won't be months before they send out updates for the app. As for now, it's just an expensive piece of metal and plastic.
2015-8-12
Use props
knarfboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 494508 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Use Android App, new version v2.0.1
2015-8-12
Use props
georgemaharis
New

United States

Same problem here.  Contacted chat support and they just stopped responding, but basically I'm getting the same info.  App does not support the standard.
2015-8-12
Use props
bastell
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

knarfboy Posted at 2015-8-13 06:30
Use Android App, new version v2.0.1

As knarfboy has said there is an update for the go app
2015-8-12
Use props
tylerlc
lvl.1

United States

Still no update for iPhone/iPad users. It's frustrating that they'd send this out without support for iPhone/iPad.
2015-8-12
Use props
knarfboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 494508 ft
  • >>>
Germany

The iOS Appstore takes time Apple try to validate all Apps for release.....
2015-8-12
Use props
timricephoto
lvl.1
United States

Same issue, iphone app. Call center not taking calls due to "high volume".
2015-8-12
Use props
tylerlc
lvl.1

United States

I'm tempted to send mine back.
2015-8-12
Use props
snowride419
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5555102 ft
United States

tylerlc Posted at 2015-8-13 07:27
I'm tempted to send mine back.

wow, just...wow.  how can DJI have this P3A up for release but not for iOS?  I mean, in what meeting did someone say "Yeah we are going to release this and say people can use it for iPhone, but...we won't say WHEN it will work for iPhone."
2015-8-12
Use props
ironton
New

United States

so much for ready to fly out of the box. amazing
2015-8-12
Use props
rkkcf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12054 ft
United States

My first experience with DJI but it could very well be the LAST!  Stupid and ridiculous
2015-8-12
Use props
timswimm
DJI team

Hong Kong

well... i recommend you to re install  your dji GO... and try again.. or try it on another device
2015-8-12
Use props
dlongcamp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755988 ft
  • >>>
United States

try reinstalling the app.  
2015-8-12
Use props
tylerlc
lvl.1

United States

It doesn't work within any Apple device that I've tried. It looks like Android may be the only way at the moment. Disappointing as the product states it works with: iOS: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular.
2015-8-12
Use props
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Guys, an update to the DJI GO App is coming really soon. We're hoping today. It was submitted to Apple some time ago. It's just that Android updates have a much faster approval time than iOS.
p3-standard-ios.jpg
2015-8-12
Use props
xxclairebearxx
New

United Kingdom

Hello. I literally decided yesterday I wanted a Flying camera of some sort and discovered the P3S as I'm a beginner but wanted quality. I was literally about to press Buy but have just read these comments  and apologies if I haven't read this thread correctly.

But just to confirm, can you not use an apple product at all with this product? I'm confused as their pictures shown a iPhone attached to the controller and it says download from the App Store.

But the above comment from DJI Store says its not yet available.

Please come someone advise. Again sorry if I've misunderstood

Thank you for your help
2015-8-13
Use props
tylerlc
lvl.1

United States

You cannot as of right now use your Apple device with this drone. Hopefully the updates will come soon. However, Android appears to be working.
2015-8-13
Use props
geoffreyhewat
lvl.1

Canada

DJI-Paul Posted at 2015-8-13 14:00
Guys, an update to the DJI GO App is coming really soon. We're hoping today. It was submitted to App ...

Any estimate on the timeline for the update?
2015-8-13
Use props
tylerlc
lvl.1

United States

geoffreyhewat@m Posted at 2015-8-14 01:02
Any estimate on the timeline for the update?

Support has told me "maybe next week" and I've also been told "As far as when it will be available, unfortunately we do not have that information to share. We are informed of all updates and launches the same day as the public."

I may just borrow an Android device until this update happens.
2015-8-13
Use props
geoffreyhewat
lvl.1

Canada

tylerlc Posted at 2015-8-14 01:31
Support has told me "maybe next week" and I've also been told "As far as when it will be available ...

I'm going to buy a cheap android tablet.
2015-8-13
Use props
geoffreyhewat
lvl.1

Canada

DJI-Paul Posted at 2015-8-13 14:00
Guys, an update to the DJI GO App is coming really soon. We're hoping today. It was submitted to App ...

just got an android ! hope it works
2015-8-13
Use props
tylerlc
lvl.1

United States

geoffreyhewat@m Posted at 2015-8-14 03:15
just got an android ! hope it works

Awesome! What did you get?
2015-8-13
Use props
squidlyboy
lvl.1

United States

DJI actually shipped their new P3S product before the DJI Go App was ready.  They did so with the calculated risk that the app would be ready by the time the P3S arrived at the customer homes.  They were probably hoping that shipping would be delayed... but it wasn't.  So there was a bunch of people who got their drone's that were basically inoperabable.    Nice move DJI.   Great way to make a first impression to the thousands who were getting their first introduction to your company and your products (like me).

Anybody have any idea what this means from their quick start guide?   I just got my P3S in yesterday and i'm having the same problem as everyone else
p3a.jpg
2015-8-13
Use props
tylerlc
lvl.1

United States

squidlyboy Posted at 2015-8-14 05:37
Anybody have any idea what this means from their quick start guide?   I just got my P3S in yesterday ...

If you're using an iPhone or iPad, you'll have to wait out the update.
2015-8-13
Use props
tylerlc
lvl.1

United States

iOS has been updated!
2015-8-13
Use props
xxclairebearxx
New

United Kingdom

Really? So I can buy my P3S now and definitely use it with my iPhone 5 and 6? Thanks
2015-8-14
Use props
tylerlc
lvl.1

United States

xxclairebearxx Posted at 2015-8-14 20:48
Really? So I can buy my P3S now and definitely use it with my iPhone 5 and 6? Thanks

Absolutely! I just tried it out on my iPhone 5s. Everything seems to be in order.
2015-8-14
Use props
xxclairebearxx
New

United Kingdom

Ordered PS3. Gone to download app in readiness for its arrived and it says it's not supported for my iPhone 5! Oh no!!!!
I have an iPad 3 (the large one) will this be compatible and hold on the controller?

If not, does anyone have a cheap android phone that works with the P3S that isn't shown on the compatibility list? I want to see if I can buy a cheap phone that I can use only for P3S not as a phone.

It says on the FAQs:

The DJI Pilot app is only compatible with devices running iOS 8.0 or later or Android v4.1.2 or later.
The following devices are recommended:
iOS: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus
Android: Samsung S5, Note 3, Sony Xperia Z3 , Google Nexus 7 II, Google Nexus 9, Mi 3, Nubia Z7 mini
Support for additional Android devices will become available as testing and development continues.

But just wondered if there is anything else or if anyone has managed to get an iPhone 5 to work?

My stupid fault for not reading it until after pressing buy!

Grrrr!!

Thank you in advance for any help!

2015-8-14
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

xxclairebearxx Posted at 2015-8-15 03:57
Ordered PS3. Gone to download app in readiness for its arrived and it says it's not supported for my ...

Mount will only hold phones. No tablets. A great deal of other devices work but aren't listed. Don't panic until it doesn't work.
2015-8-15
Use props
squidlyboy
lvl.1

United States

Ok... i'm able to at least get to the Camera View now The new DJI Go app fixed the issue and i am on my way!  I ran the simulator for about 15 mins, but got bored.   I took the P3S outside just as night was falling, but then it said there was a firmware update needed (wouldn't let me take off), so i guess i'm grounded until tomorrow morning.  The download is SSLLLLOOOOWWWWW.   Its been about 30 minutes and its still around only 30% done.

Will have more tomorrow...
2015-8-15
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules