DJI Avata "No M mode: UAV too high/far" error
4876 24 2022-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Middle Tenn State UAS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 164816 ft
United States

Hi I am having a problem with Avata M mode.
When trying to switch into manual mode, “UAV too high/far” error pops up, M mode is not being enabled.
It happens on any distance, including when I hover in a couple of meters far and high from takeoff point.
It used to successfully switch in manual mode in September, but then at some point it stopped switching into M mode.

I tried the following and it did't fix the M mode problem.
1. Remote controller sticks calibration
2. Linking different RC, with calibration
3. Enabling and disabling M mode attitude limit
4. Flying within and outside Flysafe warning zones, including totally free-of-any-restrictions zones.
5. Different aircraft firmwares, including oldest and the newest.
6. Different goggles (2 and V2)
7. Trying going into manual mode closer and further away from takeoff point
8. Playing with Altitude and Distance limits, changing them within all possible ranges.

Height and distance OSD readings are accurate and change accordingly to the flight path of the aircraft

I am flying DJI Avata for Middle Tennessee State University, which is an approved member of QEP program, so I even have Geozone unlocking for this aircraft.
I have tried M mode before and after unlocking.

Please help me making M mode back to work!

Thank you
Alexander Fomenko, UAS Lab Coordinator, MTSU

2022-11-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Alexander. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. We appreciate the detailed information. This concern is already been forwarded to our designated team and we are waiting for updates. As soon as we get one, we will surely keep you posted. Thank you for your patience and understanding
2022-11-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Alexander. Thank you for patiently waiting. We have now received feedback from our designated team. Feedback is as follows: This warning indicates that the aircraft is limited in height and distance. It may have entered the restricted flight zone, or there is no binding account.

Since you mentioned that you unlock a Geozone, we presume that you were flying in a restricted area. May we please have the longitude and latitude coordinates of the area where you're trying to fly the drone? Also, we suggest flying in different flight environments to isolate the issue.

We will wait for your update. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
2022-11-2
Use props
Middle Tenn State UAS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 164816 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-2 08:08
Hi, Alexander. Thank you for patiently waiting. We have now received feedback from our designated team. Feedback is as follows: This warning indicates that the aircraft is limited in height and distance. It may have entered the restricted flight zone, or there is no binding account.

Since you mentioned that you unlock a Geozone, we presume that you were flying in a restricted area. May we please have the longitude and latitude coordinates of the area where you're trying to fly the drone? Also, we suggest flying in different flight environments to isolate the issue.

Solved!

M mode is disabled when QEP unlocking is enabled, regardless of where I am flying.
September's successful flight in M mode was conducted before importing unlocking license into the aircraft. Apparently, ever after importing the QEP license, unlocking was ON at all times.
As soon as I turned off the unlocking, M mode became enabled.
Today I tried flying in both restricted and unrestricted zones and M mode kicks in just fine when unlocking is OFF.

Thank you
2022-11-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Middle Tenn State UAS Posted at 11-2 11:53
Solved!

M mode is disabled when QEP unlocking is enabled, regardless of where I am flying.

Hi, Alexander. Thank you for keeping us posted. We are happy to read that the issue has been fixed already. Please do not hesitate to reach us here in Forum in case you need further assistance. Thank you for your valued support!
2022-11-2
Use props
Lucho Gonzalez
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2383091 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

Middle Tenn State UAS Posted at 2022-11-2 11:53
Solved!

Hi, how are you?
Can you help me out? I have the exactly same problem !! BUT i do not understand something: if i turn Uncodking OFF will not allow me to fly on an NFZ. So how you handle that?
2023-3-3
Use props
djiuser_VyKdOq10fePE
lvl.1

United States

Middle Tenn State UAS Posted at 2022-11-2 11:53
Solved!

Hello and good day, can you elaborate on how to toggle this QEP, forgive my ignorance, but going through this issue as I live in a geo zone have applied for an unlock and it flies perfect ,but cannot get into m mode
2023-4-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_VyKdOq10fePE Posted at 4-1 15:25
Hello and good day, can you elaborate on how to toggle this QEP, forgive my ignorance, but going through this issue as I live in a geo zone have applied for an unlock and it flies perfect ,but cannot get into m mode

Hi there. We're sorry for the inconvenience. We're sorry to inform you that Manual mode is not supported when you re in a geo zone. This applies whether you have unlocked the area or not. We recommend flying the drone in N or S mode when you are in a restricted zone or geo zone. We appreciate your understanding.
2023-4-1
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

DJI Tony Posted at 4-1 23:56
Hi there. We're sorry for the inconvenience. We're sorry to inform you that Manual mode is not supported when you re in a geo zone. This applies whether you have unlocked the area or not. We recommend flying the drone in N or S mode when you are in a restricted zone or geo zone. We appreciate your understanding.

we have seen this reply a couple of times now.

but when you are clear to fly, you are clear to fly.... period.
it should not matter in what mode you're flying!
2023-4-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

BadBert Posted at 4-2 23:51

We understand and we're sincerely sorry for the inconvenience. Please understand that our engineers need to consider all aspects before a certain suggestion or request can be implemented. Right now, there has been no feedback from them yet. So what we do is continue to gather such requests and let the related team know. We ask for your understanding and continued patience.
2023-4-5
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Netherlands

DJI Tony Posted at 4-5 00:27
We understand and we're sincerely sorry for the inconvenience. Please understand that our engineers need to consider all aspects before a certain suggestion or request can be implemented. Right now, there has been no feedback from them yet. So what we do is continue to gather such requests and let the related team know. We ask for your understanding and continued patience.

i hope they fix it... ;)
thanks
2023-4-5
Use props
fans17c4995b
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18832116 ft
  • >>>
United States

BadBert Posted at 4-2 23:51

I agree, what does it matter what mode you’re in.
2023-4-5
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans17c4995b Posted at 4-5 19:22
I agree, what does it matter what mode you’re in.

Probably a far lesser chance of an accident in N or S mode. I'm just guessing here.
2023-4-6
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Netherlands

KLRSKIR Posted at 4-6 02:17
Probably a far lesser chance of an accident in N or S mode. I'm just guessing here.

could be, but if you are allowed to fly (by law and regulations) you are free to fly in any mode.
So dji should not limit the user of their product
2023-4-6
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

BadBert Posted at 4-6 02:46
could be, but if you are allowed to fly (by law and regulations) you are free to fly in any mode.

DJI is covering their butts! Their aircraft, their decision.
2023-4-6
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

BadBert Posted at 4-6 02:46

kinda works both ways, there could be instances where the gvt is more restrictive and dji makes the [correct] call.  i understand what it means in reality but imagine if your drone could only top off at 400agl from wherever you lift off from and not a foot higher because the "faa" says so.....
2023-4-6
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Netherlands

If you are flying within the rules, so height, distance etc, you should be able to fly how you want....
if you ARE to far/high, then yes i understand, but that is not the case here
2023-4-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

BadBert Posted at 4-5 00:51
i hope they fix it... ;)
thanks

We appreciate your understanding. Stay safe!
2023-4-8
Use props
CagomoC FpV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 480026 ft
United States

I have a similar issue, I am flying in a non restricted area private land and lI ike to take off in manual mode but soon as I get 10 feet away the drone goes into normal mode all setting is correctly set. Now what?
Here's how it goes Im taking off the is moved 6ft high then 10ft away then kick into normal mode. everytime since the latest firmware update today i repeated this steps 04/08/2023.
2023-4-8
Use props
Rueges
lvl.2
Flight distance : 124045 ft
United States

DJI, THIS NEEDS TO GET FIXED ASAP. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE.
2023-4-9
Use props
Rueges
lvl.2
Flight distance : 124045 ft
United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 4-6 14:31
DJI is covering their butts! Their aircraft, their decision.

This is an idiotic comment. There's nothing to "cover". Like others have stated, people that are experienced, certified, whatever the case may be, have legal authorization via the only flying authority that matters in the US (FAA). DJI needs to fix this, and leave matters as such in the hands of the FAA.
2023-4-9
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

"Idiotic" or not, it's true.  
2023-4-10
Use props
djiuser_ueCkC3mENnbI
lvl.2

United States

WOW U GUYS COULD HAVE SUCH A WONDERFUL MACHINE BUT YOU FUCK IT ALL UP  WITH UR BULL...! SO UR TELLING ME FOR A YEAR I HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO FLY THIS POS BECAUSE IM IN A GEO ZONE AND AFTER GOING THRU UR BULL... UNLOCKING PROCESS  We the public need to ask you to unlock manual mode in Geo zones!!! I FEEL LIKE U GAVE ME A PIECE OF GARBAGE. IAM SAVING UP FOR HDZERO AND WALKSNAIL IS FINALLY COMPARABLE  GOOD BYE DJI
2023-6-25
Use props
djiuser_ueCkC3mENnbI
lvl.2

United States

I FOUND THE SOLUTION GET A DEFENDER 25!!!
2023-6-25
Use props
fans5708782c
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11308691 ft
  • >>>
United States

What’s the distance limit for flying in manual mode for the avata, if not in a geozone or boundary?
2023-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules