3650 20 2022-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nmb1970
lvl.2
Flight distance : 169990 ft
Portugal

Hi all,

I haven't been using my mini 2 last couple of months but today I got out to film some waterfalls.

At first I was finding weird that after a minute or so the video stream stopped working.

Later discovered that the whole app stalls and I need it to force quit. Try the same several times and the same happens.

Finnaly I quit using it and used Litchi to get the film done.

Now at home even with the phone disconnected from the app, after a minute or so the app stalls.

Already deleted and reinstaled and the same happens.

Version 1.7.8(702) on iOS16.0.3 on iPhoneXr

Thanks!
2022-11-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, nmb1970. Thank you for reaching out and sorry to read about the issue with the DJI App. DJI Fly Version 1.7.8 is compatible with the iPhoneXr and iOS 11.0. To further assist you can you please tell us more about it? Are you getting an error message? If yes, please provide a screenshot of the error. Thank you for your cooperation.
2022-11-1
Use props
nmb1970
lvl.2
Portugal

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-1 13:36
Hi, nmb1970. Thank you for reaching out and sorry to read about the issue with the DJI App. DJI Fly Version 1.7.8 is compatible with the iPhoneXr and iOS 11.0. To further assist you can you please tell us more about it? Are you getting an error message? If yes, please provide the screenshot. Thank you for your cooperation.

I'm using iOS16.0.3. Not iOS11.

App starts fine and I can go into fly mode and even see the live video stream. after a minute or soo the app stalls and freezes. does not give any kind of error and does not respond to any touch on the screen. the only way "out" is to go to home screen, multitask and force quit the app.

Already tried also with no drone connected and the same thing happens.

2022-11-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

nmb1970 Posted at 11-1 13:40
I'm using iOS16.0.3. Not iOS11.

App starts fine and I can go into fly mode and even see the live video stream. after a minute or soo the app stalls and freezes. does not give any kind of error and does not respond to any touch on the screen. the only way "out" is to go to home screen, multitask and force quit the app.

Hi, nmb1970. Thank you for the quick response and for providing more details. I apologize for the confusion, DJI Fly Version 1.7.8 is compatible with the iPhone XR and iOS 11.0 and above. Moving on, please try to check the available memory on your phone. Make sure that it has at least 2GB of memory. You may also try restarting your phone. If the issue persists, please provide us with the following information below:

(1) App version, aircraft model and relative firmware version.
(2) The mobile device model and system version - iPhone XR, iOS16.0.3
(3)What is the operation that caused the crash? Please provide an abnormal screen recording. (Please upload the video to Dropbox or Google Drive and provide us the shareable link)
(4) Provide the time when the crash occurred (to locate the log).
(5) Exported crash log.

How to collect the crash log on iOS:
1. Connect the iOS device to a PC with a USB cable.
2. Run iTunes, and ensure the computer has already been authorized to be trusted by the phone. Then click the phone icon and the “Sync” button
3. You can skip the backup step. When the synchronization is finished, find the crash logs through the following file path: C:\Users\[Your_User_Name]\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\ [Your_Device_Name]\
Note: Since this folder is a hidden folder, ensure that the “Hidden Items” box is checked.
Using iTools to export crash logs for iOS devices (based on iTools 4):
When using iTools, select “Toolbox” and then “Crash Reports”.

We will wait for your update. Thank you for your cooperation.
2022-11-1
Use props
nmb1970
lvl.2
Portugal

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-1 15:48
Hi, nmb1970. Thank you for the quick response and for providing more details. I apologize for the confusion, DJI Fly Version 1.7.8 is compatible with the iPhone XR and iOS 11.0 and above. Moving on, please try to check the available memory on your phone. Make sure that it has at least 2GB of memory. You may also try restarting your phone. If the issue persists, please provide us with the following information below:

(1) App version, aircraft model and relative firmware version.

OK.

Had to use iTools since "sync" with iTunes did not create an Apple Computer folder on my appdata roaming user folder.

Anyway
1. App Version. 1.7.8(702). DJI mini 2. updated firmware.
2. iPhone Xr, iOS 16.0.3. Will be updating to iOS16.1 as we speak.
3. No specific operation. After a minute or two the app freezes.
4. I had tried several times on today.
5. I have DJI Fly-2022-11-02-135807.ips.synced and DJI Fly.wakeups_resource-2022-11-02-135447.ips.synced. What do you prefer?
2022-11-2
Use props
nmb1970
lvl.2
Portugal

Update to iOS16.1 done.

DJI Fly app opens. I can look around and after a while freezes. I wait and app closes. I have the crash log.
2022-11-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

nmb1970 Posted at 11-2 14:11
Update to iOS16.1 done.

DJI Fly app opens. I can look around and after a while freezes. I wait and app closes. I have the crash log.

Hi, nmb1970. Thank you for the update and for providing the needed information. Is it still happening after the iOs16.1 update? Please provide as many crash logs as possible when the issue started for us to get a better analysis of the issue. Kindly upload it to Dropbox or Google Drive along with the screen recording/video of the issue and provide us the shareable link via PM. Thank you for your cooperation.
2022-11-2
Use props
nmb1970
lvl.2
Portugal

Ok today app was updated to 1.8.0 and I was hoping for a fix. Nothing. Same problem.

Crash log https://www.dropbox.com/s/9sp28gij6lc5v6a/DJI%20Fly-2022-11-02-220105.ips?dl=0

How can I screen record on iOS?

Nuno
2022-11-3
Use props
nmb1970
lvl.2
Portugal

https://share.icloud.com/photos/058rqsZPGsNAm5VUncx8byxjw
2022-11-3
Use props
nmb1970
lvl.2
Portugal

As you can see on the video on the icloud link, app starts. I choose some setting and after some scrolling on the left, app freezes.

Nuno
2022-11-3
Use props
nmb1970
lvl.2
Portugal

Any news? Please…
2022-11-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

nmb1970 Posted at 11-3 04:03
As you can see on the video on the icloud link, app starts. I choose some setting and after some scrolling on the left, app freezes.

Nuno

Hi, nmb1970. Thank you for providing the links. This concern is already been forwarded to our designated team and we are waiting for updates. As soon as we get one, we will surely keep you posted. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
2022-11-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

nmb1970 Posted at 11-5 05:01
Any news? Please…

Hi there. Thank you for patiently waiting. We now received feedback from our relevant team, as per them this crash is related to the editor and they need the log data of the DJI Fly app for further checking. Below is the information on how to get the logs:

1. Install iTunes (https://www.apple.com/itunes/) on the computer. Then, enable the software.
2. Connect the iOS device to the computer and tap “Allow” on the iPhone.
3. Tap the mobile device icon in the top-left corner, and go to the iPhone page.
4. Select “File Sharing” in the left panel and go to the app file sharing page.
5. Select the corresponding app as required. Select the “Logs” file folder and tap “Save” at the bottom of the right window.
Select “DJI Fly” in the left window and the “Logs”“SDK” file folder in the right window. Tap “Save”.
* If there is no “Save” button on the current window, please drop down the scrollbar to the bottom for confirmation
6. After the file has been exported, add the file folder to the compressed folder.

If you have exported a lot of files, please upload the files to Dropbox or Google Drive and provide us the shareable link via PM. We will wait for your update. Thank you for your cooperation.
2022-11-7
Use props
nmb1970
lvl.2
Portugal

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-7 09:04
Hi there. Thank you for patiently waiting. We now received feedback from our relevant team, as per them this crash is related to the editor and they need the log data of the DJI Fly app for further checking. Below is the information on how to get the logs:

1. Install iTunes (https://www.apple.com/itunes/) on the computer. Then, enable the software.

Hi!

PM sent!

Thanks!
2022-11-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for the update. I have forwarded the link to our relevant team. Rest assured that I will let you know once we received an update. We appreciate your cooperation. Have a good one!
2022-11-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, nmb1970. Thank you for patiently waiting. We now received an update from our relevant team. They have located the cause of the anomaly, and it is expected that this anomaly will be fixed in the next version. For the mean time, you may downgrade the app to 1.6.9. I will send you a PM. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-11-8
Use props
nmb1970
lvl.2
Portugal

ok. mini3 is out. new 1.9.0 app is out. developers did detect my problem since 1.7.8 to be corrected on the next version. did it happen? no. same problem... way too bad DJI...
2022-12-9
Use props
youngprimitive
New

Czechia

I have the exact same problem as above! I have dji mini pro, iphone 14pro with latest ios 16 and app freezes anytime it wants It work for 2 minutes and then freeze. No errors occured, just freeze. Dron is continuing filming on air. I have to force quit app, start again and continue but it happens every 2 - 4 minutes while using app. The app freeze also when just run with no connection with dron. I tried to reset my iphone completely, reinstall app but nothing works. When Im using other iphones, it works without problem, but freezes with only my iphone all the time. Im so frustrating with that Have you an tips or exist any other app for using DJI mini pro?
2023-1-3
Use props
nmb1970
lvl.2
Portugal

youngprimitive Posted at 1-3 04:14
I have the exact same problem as above! I have dji mini pro, iphone 14pro with latest ios 16 and app freezes anytime it wants  It work for 2 minutes and then freeze. No errors occured, just freeze. Dron is continuing filming on air. I have to force quit app, start again and continue but it happens every 2 - 4 minutes while using app. The app freeze also when just run with no connection with dron. I tried to reset my iphone completely, reinstall app but nothing works. When Im using other iphones, it works without problem, but freezes with only my iphone all the time. Im so frustrating with that  Have you an tips or exist any other app for using DJI mini pro?

Good luck. I can't speak badly of DJI because we exchanged a lot of messages and they were really trying to solve the problem. I sent videos and also crash logs as requested. the developers at some time told they already identified the problem and was to be corrected on the next version. mavic classic arrived with a new version of the app and the problem remains. I use litchi on the iPhone and works. Also tried my iPad mini 2 and the size is perfect but the app is a bit too much for an outdated iPad...

Now I have to use a borrowed android phone or litchi on the iPhone.

Frustrating as I use iPhone since the 4S and never had ONE problem with any app...
2023-1-3
Use props
nmb1970
lvl.2
Portugal

dji fly app updated to 1.9.1 and the problem remains! come on DJI|
2023-1-6
Use props
nmb1970
lvl.2
Portugal

Very happy to report that the new dji fly app is working perfectly!
2023-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules