Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

All,

One of my M3's sat on the shelf without getting a lot of flying, but I have been finding that for both video and photos that I have a non-trivial horizon tilt issue.  The left side is much lower than the right on all media I have filmed.  I have done firmware refresh with latest, as well as IMU calibration and gimbal calibration with no good result.  I am seeing this with the standard provided lens cover.  

I searched and found a number of threads about this issue but each thread just kind of trailed off with no addiitonal solutions or complaints.  I sent my M3 Cine in for service to DJI, and am hoping for a resolution from them, but in the meantime I just am wondering if I missed anything or if anyone has other ideas.  I am able to fix this in post, but that is going to be cumbersome over the life of the drone, and would expect this to be closer to acceptable.  

Thanks for any thoughts!!

2022-11-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello there, Tony. We're sorry to read that you are having issues with your DJI Mavic 3 Cine. Since you already sent this unit to our repair facility, rest assured that they will conduct a proper assessment on your unit to identify the main cause of the issue. Further information will be provided to you via email. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-11-1
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-1 18:45
Hello there, Tony. We're sorry to read that you are having issues with your DJI Mavic 3 Cine. Since you already sent this unit to our repair facility, rest assured that they will conduct a proper assessment on your unit to identify the main cause of the issue. Further information will be provided to you via email. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Sounds good Paladin.  I just want to make sure I did not miss any other tips and tricks, but I am hoping that they can repair or replace it.  The tilt was bad enough that it did not sit right with me.  Thank you for taking care of me!
2022-11-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

TonyPHX Posted at 11-1 19:51
Sounds good Paladin.  I just want to make sure I did not miss any other tips and tricks, but I am hoping that they can repair or replace it.  The tilt was bad enough that it did not sit right with me.  Thank you for taking care of me!

You are most welcome, Tony. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries.  Thank you for always choosing DJI!
2022-11-2
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

I just wanted to follow-up on this post.  I created the service case with DJI, shipped it to them.  They very promptly diagnosed the issue as a Gimbal tilt motor defect and replaced it free of charge!  They already have the drone being shipped back to me.  So far, very happy with the warranty support!  Looking forward to some level pictures!
2022-11-8
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TonyPHX Posted at 11-8 11:55
I just wanted to follow-up on this post.  I created the service case with DJI, shipped it to them.  They very promptly diagnosed the issue as a Gimbal tilt motor defect and replaced it free of charge!  They already have the drone being shipped back to me.  So far, very happy with the warranty support!  Looking forward to some level pictures!

Similar service I got also Tony, brilliant aftersales service, and very efficient service centre personnel.
Thats been my experience with them over the last 8/9 years, others may disagree no doubt.
2022-11-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

TonyPHX Posted at 11-8 11:55
I just wanted to follow-up on this post.  I created the service case with DJI, shipped it to them.  They very promptly diagnosed the issue as a Gimbal tilt motor defect and replaced it free of charge!  They already have the drone being shipped back to me.  So far, very happy with the warranty support!  Looking forward to some level pictures!

Good job hope you get it back in good order soon.
2022-11-8
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Grimtheviking Posted at 11-8 13:18
Similar service I got also Tony, brilliant aftersales service, and very efficient service centre personnel.
Thats been my experience with them over the last 8/9 years, others may disagree no doubt.

Good to hear!  I wish I had started my drone journey back that far,  I think I needed this hobby back then too.  : )
2022-11-8
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-8 13:38
Good job hope you get it back in good order soon.

Thank you!  Yes, I am glad I finally stopped head banging, and now looking forward to some level horizons!
2022-11-8
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Just a follow-up.  Replacement Cine from DJI is perfect and I am loving this drone again!  DJI took care of me at no charge in warranty and I feel like they really had it organized well.
2022-11-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules