Smart Controller Black Screen, Turns On, Battery Charged
4166 18 2022-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mcassellis
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Situation
  • Mavic 2 Pro,  Smart Controller, and two batteries that have not been used for many months.  I wasn't aware of the battery maintenance procedure so I suspect they all went into a hibernation state.  
  • One battery is completely dead and won't charge on the original DJI charger
  • The other battery charged up fine
  • Smart Controller charged up fine
  • M2P powers up fine with a good battery.  Solid red lights on the front, alternating red, green, and yellow blinking lights on the rear
  • After a few seconds, the rear lights change to blinking yellow
  • Power up the smart controller with one short press followed by a long press
  • Smart controller battery lights illuminate one by one then show four solid lights and a single red (pairing) light
  • After a few seconds, the red light on the smart controller changes to green, and at the same time the rear lights on the M2P change to blinking red and yellow.

At no time does anything appear on the smart controller screen/display.  It remains black.

The smart controller will only power off using a short press followed by a long (reset) press of the power button.  I've tried all of the reset combinations listed in the forums i.e. C1, C2, Snapshot, Power buttons etc but none of these fix the black screen/display

The M2P is recognized by the DJI Assistant 2 but the smart controller isn't.

All of this equipment has only been used a few times since purchased new - no crashes or drops.

Any ideas?

2022-11-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Mcassellis. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to read about the black screen you're getting with the Smart Controller. We appreciate you giving detailed information. I would like to verify if the black screen is happening on the image transmission screen only or even on the home page as well. Does the light stay lit up and solid green under that condition? We will wait for your update. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
2022-11-2
Use props
mcassellis
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-2 08:22
Hi, Mcassellis. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to read about the black screen you're getting with the Smart Controller. We appreciate you giving detailed information. I would like to verify if the black screen is happening on the image transmission screen only or even on the home page as well. Does the light stay lit up and solid green under that condition? We will wait for your update. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Hi and thanks for your reply.  The smart controller screen does not light up at all.  I know the SC is powered on because the battery and link lights are on and because it appears to link to the M2P when it's powered up.  The link light will stay solid green with the drone powered up.
2022-11-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

mcassellis Posted at 11-2 09:17
Hi and thanks for your reply.  The smart controller screen does not light up at all.  I know the SC is powered on because the battery and link lights are on and because it appears to link to the M2P when it's powered up.  The link light will stay solid green with the drone powered up.

Hi, Mcassellis. Thank you for the additional information. We recommend updating or refreshing the firmware version of Smart Controller via DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic but since you mentioned that it's not being detected, you may follow the steps below:

① Please make sure to download the correct DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic. The download link:https://www.dji.com/uk/downloads/products/mavic-2
② Please replace the cable to connect the Smart Controller and another port on the PC
③ Please reinstall the DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic
④ When connecting to the PC, please select the “Charge the device” option on the Smart controller. (if the screen comes on)
⑤ Please use another PC if possible

After updating the DJI Smart Controller, please update the DJI Fly App to the latest version.

If the issue with the Smart Controller persists, please provide us a video showing the operation and issue. Kindly upload it to Dropbox or Google Drive along with the screen recording/video of the issue and provide us the shareable link via PM. Thank you for your cooperation.
2022-11-2
Use props
mcassellis
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-2 14:47
Hi, Mcassellis. Thank you for the additional information. We recommend updating or refreshing the firmware version of Smart Controller via DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic but since you mentioned that it's not being detected, you may follow the steps below:

① Please make sure to download the correct DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic. The download link:https://www.dji.com/uk/downloads/products/mavic-2

Hi and thank you for your suggestions.  Yesterday, I received a shipping label from DJI to send to their service center so there's no need for me to do any problem determination.  I will come back with an update when I have one.  Thank you for your help.  I really appreciate it.,  
2022-11-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

mcassellis Posted at 11-4 05:12
Hi and thank you for your suggestions.  Yesterday, I received a shipping label from DJI to send to their service center so there's no need for me to do any problem determination.  I will come back with an update when I have one.  Thank you for your help.  I really appreciate it.,

Hi there. Thank you for the update. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have any inquiries or concerns. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-11-5
Use props
wadell3508
New

United States

Hello! Very similar issue out of the blue this week with my DJI Smart Controller and Mavic Air 2. Flew multiple times as normal they day before. Charged all gear. When I tried powering up the controller the light sequence is normal, but the screen will not turn on or show anything. I've tried multiple tricks in these forums - holding down a combination of buttons, etc. Still cannot get my smart controller screen to turn on or respond. Any advice?!
2022-11-13
Use props
djiuser_dpmBcFMnZkSD
New

Dominica

DJI Gamora Posted at 2022-11-2 08:22
Hi, Mcassellis. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to read about the black screen you're getting with the Smart Controller. We appreciate you giving detailed information. I would like to verify if the black screen is happening on the image transmission screen only or even on the home page as well. Does the light stay lit up and solid green under that condition? We will wait for your update. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

i am currently (march 18th 2023 8:50pm) having this problem with blackscreen after startup on smart dji controller...pleaseeeee help
2023-3-18
Use props
avinash69
lvl.3
Flight distance : 986644 ft
  • >>>
United States

i have the same problem but i am only getting the dji logo and nothing hsappens
2023-3-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

avinash69 Posted at 3-18 20:33
i have the same problem but i am only getting the dji logo and nothing hsappens

Hi, avinash69. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. May we ask if you have tried the troubleshooting steps posted by DJI Gamora in post #4? If not yet, please do so and start by refreshing the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 software. If the issue remains after performing those steps, please record a short video showing the issue for further checking. Thanks for your cooperation.
2023-3-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_dpmBcFMnZkSD Posted at 3-18 16:51
i am currently (march 18th 2023 8:50pm) having this problem with blackscreen after startup on smart dji controller...pleaseeeee help

Hi, djiuser_dpmBcFMnZkSD. I have sent you a PM, please check. Thank you.
2023-3-23
Use props
JH83
New

United States

I'm also experiencing the same issue.  Yesterday I got a new controller and updated all the firmware as prompted on the device.  Today I went to turn it on and it connects to the drone, but have a black screen.  In post 4# I downloaded DJI Assistant 2 to my PC and connected the controller to my PC, but it won't find the device.  I've tried multiple USB ports and also a different cord.  Any assistance would be appreciated.  
2023-5-3
Use props
JH83
New

United States

JH83 Posted at 5-3 07:28
I'm also experiencing the same issue.  Yesterday I got a new controller and updated all the firmware as prompted on the device.  Today I went to turn it on and it connects to the drone, but have a black screen.  In post 4# I downloaded DJI Assistant 2 to my PC and connected the controller to my PC, but it won't find the device.  I've tried multiple USB ports and also a different cord.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

Controller started to beep, unplugged it from the PC, and now it works...
2023-5-3
Use props
lean
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1786919 ft
  • >>>
Greece

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-23 06:18
Hi, djiuser_dpmBcFMnZkSD. I have sent you a PM, please check. Thank you.

Hello I have the same problem what can I do thanks in advance
2023-6-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

lean Posted at 6-30 07:58
Hello I have the same problem what can I do thanks in advance

Hi there. Please follow the steps here.
2023-7-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

JH83 Posted at 5-3 07:41
Controller started to beep, unplugged it from the PC, and now it works...

Hi, JH83. Thank you for the update. Glad to know that it is working now.
2023-7-4
Use props
djiuser_9vgo0ysG1VZF
New

United States

I am having this exact same issue. Tried to reinstall assistant, device still not recognized. Tried every button combination.

Black screen started after putting it on a charger at 88% battery and removing it to power on only to find black screen. It had workwd fine for me for a couple months prior without issue.

Pleasw advise
2023-10-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_9vgo0ysG1VZF Posted at 10-25 00:06
I am having this exact same issue. Tried to reinstall assistant, device still not recognized. Tried every button combination.

Black screen started after putting it on a charger at 88% battery and removing it to power on only to find black screen. It had workwd fine for me for a couple months prior without issue.

Hello there. Sorry about the inconvenience. If I may ask, may I know which remote controller are you having a problem with? Have you already followed DJI Gamora's suggestion in reply 4#?
2023-10-25
Use props
djiuser_k1Ipl18g2ydh
New

United States

Same issue black screen. Bought this for Hawaii trip and here I am and what a bust this drone is. Nice job dji. No footage of my trip. I will be returning it when I get to the mainland.
1-7 06:57
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules