Ronin app - RavenEye & gimbal don't work at same time
399 2 2022-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Waves
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hi all,

In the Ronin app, I want to use the RavenEye together with gimbal control (ofcourse). So I can connect them apart from each other, controlling the gimbal without the RavenEye and controlling/watching the RavenEye without control over the gimbal, but not together. Also when I have connected the gimbal and connect to the RavenEye, a note pops up saying 'Connecting to RavenEye will disconnect gimbal from DJI Ronin. Continue?'

Does anyone have a solution for that?

Furthermore something else.. I'm trying to get my BMPCC 4K camera control to work through the RSS input of the RavenEye (which is attached to the gimbal ofcourse), but it doesn't work. Am I missing something?

Thanks!
IMG_20221102_133738.jpg
2022-11-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there. Please check the following details:
1. LIDAR and RavenEye Image Transmission need to be connected to the image transmission interface of the gimbal, but there is only one interface, so they cannot be connected at the same time.
2. If the RavenEye Transmitter is only used to transmit the camera image and no other functions are required, and the LIDAR needs to control the lens to autofocus, then the control line of the RavenEye Transmitter can be removed and disconnected, and the APP can be connected to the Eagle-Eye Transmit. transmission.
3. The Ronin APP can only connect to the gimbal or eagle-eye image transmission alone, and does not support the connection of both gimbal at the same time.
2022-11-3
Use props
Waves
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hi Natalia, thank you for your response. Unfortunately, I don't quite understand what you're saying.

1. I want to control the gimbal through the Ronin App while watching at the footage that my camera sends through the RavenEye, I think that should be possible in some way right? How would that be possible?

2. "then the control line of the RavenEye Transmitter can be removed and disconnected, and the APP can be connected to the Eagle-Eye Transmit. transmission." What is the Eagle-eye transmit? And how can I connect to it?

3. So I can't watch the footage of my camera and control the gimbal at the same time, is that what you're saying? Why does the RavenEye + Ronin support that functions then? Like force mobile, virtual joystick etc?

4. If you look at my picture I attached in the first post, could you tell me what cables are wrong if I want what I described in 1? (Now RSS is for RavenEye, gate middle / II for focus motor, gate below / I for LIDAR.)
2022-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules