New DJI Mavic 3 Firmware Released(12/27/2023)
55047 269 2022-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

Axelz Posted at 11-3 23:37
Flew mine yesterday in the UK with the RC Pro and checking logs in airdata showed this “ Airdata shows "Remote ID functionality normal (Code: 1B080003)” which has never appeared before suggesting remote ID is enabled, but will have to see if the app on phone can detect it. Would make sense given the EU C1 rating ‘support’ in the firmware though not actually flown in the EU!

There are at least two apps available I think, check it with Drone Scanner app installed on another device while flying, if it appears... the drone hunting season has started I'm afraid.

https://play.google.com/store/ap ... onetag.dronescanner
2022-11-4
Use props
Sergejs Mikusa
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3902126 ft
  • >>>
Finland

OPTIMUM Posted at 11-4 07:22
Hello all dji mavic 3 users, I just had a digital conversation with  Nheil from the DJI Persales Support Department in a chatbox. i would like you all inform you about what we spoken about C1 certification and C1 label process for the DJI MAVIC 3
here is a copy of the conversation"

Thank you friend, you did a great job for all of us! Now it is clear that the firmware update does not automatically give us the right to use the M3 in the A1 / 3 category, or we need to pass the exam for the A2 category. Theoretically, you can get it category A 2 and not flash the drone to this firmware, losing some useful freedoms, such as parking lights, which can interfere with shooting in the evening, etc. It is interesting that the issue of stickers was not about the end of the 4th quarter of this year but about the beginning, it follows that we are deluded.
2022-11-4
Use props
Mattft86
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73081 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yep I’ll stick with my current firmware then.
FA0A804B-FBA6-4312-AE3C-05C62AF2A485.jpeg
2022-11-4
Use props
calltoon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 982648 ft
Poland

Bring back auxilary lights manual control.
2022-11-4
Use props
Sergejs Mikusa
lvl.3
  • >>>
Finland

In fact, we have 1 drone that can be used in this category and those who need it will buy it - these are business. One way or another, I will get the A2 category before the new year and forget about it.
2022-11-4
Use props
JJungPhoto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 946362 ft
  • >>>
United States

Amazing update, and thank you DJI, for reviewing the Hyperlapse photo DNG issues and fixing this, much appreciated!

Aside from waypoints and SDK, a HUGE request from boat users is the option to turn OFF downward sensors to safety land easier while on the water. The boat can be moving up and down in rougher conditions and having downward sensors can be problematic. Hopefully, an easy feature to implement considering everything else that was fixed/added in this FW.

Thanks again
2022-11-4
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

That embarrassing stick banger jerkiness is finally gone; even with everything at default values! Cruise control works like a dream, especially when programmed to the 5d button on the RC Pro. Signal strength also seems to have improved. Haven't tried the other added features yet, but quite confident they will all help to lift the Mavic3 to a higher level, unless there are some big issues that I haven't encountered yet. By the way, my LED menus weren't affected after this update too. Thank you DJI, for me it's a job well done
2022-11-4
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Spain

Welcome to the Mavic 3 hunting season, Mavic 3 on v01.00.0900 starts emitting as soon as you start the motors.

2022-11-5
Use props
Kumakunfat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87549 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

Hiii i just update firmware for mavic 3 classic and this problem occur:

Fwd and bkwd unavailable
Left and right unavailable
Up and down unavailable

I have tried in outdoor in the morning which has enough sun lighing

Also already test in flight but still occur.

Does anybody has this problems?
Pls advice
IMG-20221105-WA0029.jpg
2022-11-5
Use props
mileshkin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9266709 ft
Russia

Kumakunfat Posted at 11-5 06:36
Hiii i just update firmware for mavic 3 classic and this problem occur:

Fwd and bkwd unavailable

Try to do the firmware refresh via Assistant - would be helpfull
2022-11-5
Use props
romano_st
lvl.2
Flight distance : 107372 ft
Croatia

What does exactly "Added support for EU C1 certification" means?...i would like to hear from DJI!!!!!!
2022-11-5
Use props
djiuser_VqaUH68
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1022300 ft
Australia

jonbeeotch Posted at 11-2 16:28
Installed the update on my Mavic 3.
D-Log ISO 1600 is showing up now... night mode is NOT (tried with different frame rates and resolutions). Speed adjustment is also NOT there. Cruise control is only showing up as "Hyperlapse cruise control".
I'm using the RC-N1 controller, up to date fly app. Wondering if the update is fully working for anyone else with the RC-N1?

New User Manual v1.8 is at:
https://www.dji.com/au/downloads/products/mavic-3

Cruise control activated via FN button. See page 30.
Night Mode selection is described on page 59.

Hope this helps…
2022-11-5
Use props
Kumakunfat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87549 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

mileshkin Posted at 11-5 08:21
Try to do the firmware refresh via Assistant - would be helpfull

Day after tomorrow. The sensor function well. But i dont know that caused
2022-11-6
Use props
djiuser_tvHlyGsQWuwO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32215 ft
Netherlands

How to sign up for the C1-Label after the update??? or is it not yet available??
2022-11-7
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Spain

More testing on the M3 (and also Air2S) RID after the recent updates. Note that it's receiving data from more than 1Km away. Update at your own risk.

2022-11-7
Use props
djiuser_s0dRaTKo42Ck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3498924 ft
Romania

How can we prove this?
2022-11-8
Use props
ntbullock
lvl.1

United States

JUST A WARNING:

Got my Mavic 3 when it came out. Have only flown about 10-12 times near my home. Everything always went fine. Kept up with firmware updates. Had to put it down for about 11 weeks while I got my Part 107, and when I came back to the drone to test before an upcoming gig I updated to this latest firmware. Went to fly and learned I lost ALL my settings. The drone looked fine. It didn't ask me to calibrate anything or anything out of the ordinary. It lifted about 6 inches up on takeoff and angled left (like it was drunk), clipping wet sand with the blades before it "detected a crash." I was pretty stunned as it's always been reliable on takeoff. Got all kinds of errors. IMU hardware malfunction. Sensor error. Accelerometer initialization failed. Gimbal unable to connect. Repairs required. Just bizarre. Also to note is I had bought a plastic leg stand from Amazon to keep it from having such a low profile to the ground, which lifts it about three or four inches up - for extra protection.

I was perplexed. I took it inside on a level surface to try and start with the IMU. From there it's been even more of a nightmare. Couldn't calibrate compass at first. Eventually was able. IMU did ALL kinds of random things from locking at different percentages to not letting me hit the START button. I redid the firmware update. No luck. I downloaded Assistant 2 and refreshed. No luck. I refreshed the standard RC controller and just got... different buggy behavior from the app. I reinstalled the DJI Fly app. No luck. I'm afraid to even test a flight. I still get a signal from the camera and can tilt it just fine. Have no idea what's wrong with it now.

I'm now it talks with DJI through email. I called and that wasn't too much help, but I found out I couldn't go back to the previous firmware; that was disappointing to hear. It's never a good time to have this happen, but this really puts me on my heels with my gig coming up. Glad to see this update hasn't affected everyone this way, but thought I'd give out a warning for those who have gigs.
2022-11-8
Use props
djiuser_tbLIP1reIZJG
New
United States

jonbeeotch Posted at 11-2 16:28
Installed the update on my Mavic 3.
D-Log ISO 1600 is showing up now... night mode is NOT (tried with different frame rates and resolutions). Speed adjustment is also NOT there. Cruise control is only showing up as "Hyperlapse cruise control".
I'm using the RC-N1 controller, up to date fly app. Wondering if the update is fully working for anyone else with the RC-N1?

Hey there, I experienced the same issues you are having. I did not know about this until just recently, but I updated the DJI FLY app and now I have access to everything. Night mode is available, ISO 1600 for D-log, gain & expo tuning and everything else that is added into the update, I have access to.  I am also using the regular RC-N1 controller w/ an iPad setup. So just make sure to update the DJI Fly app on android or IOS when updating the firmware. Hope this helps!
2022-11-9
Use props
TheBoy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28958264 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Unfortunately, that was duff info from that user.

To get the C1, you also need to register the update with DJI through a process that DJI have not yet released.  Until that process is available, all non Classic  Mavic 3's will only be allowed A2/A3 in the EU and UK.
2022-11-10
Use props
mrshdc123
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks, is it possible to allow different frame lines to be displayed in the DJI Fly app (2.39:1 etc). Seams a very easy thing to implement and would be incredibly useful! thanks.
2022-11-10
Use props
Apex Photog
lvl.1
Flight distance : 167041 ft
United States

These are great updates but PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE add waypoints!
2022-11-10
Use props
LghtandDrk
lvl.1

United States

I'm hoping they do something to fix the 5.1K recording. It's juttery and horrible in comparison to 4K. The whol reason I purchased this was for that feature and it's not useable.
2022-11-10
Use props
DanKentucky
lvl.1
United States

Still need SDK and waypoints!  Bought a Mavic 3 fully expecting to have more/better functionality than the Mavic 2 Pro I had before.  DJI needs to step up and provide the functionality its customers are expecting.  If DJI intends to remove or not support functionality in the some model in the future it should provide full disclosure when the model is released.  The Mavic 3 had no disclosure and many buyers took it on faith that the SDK would be forthcoming (or had no idea the functionality wasn’t there at purchase - like me).  
2022-11-10
Use props
fans064bad9c
lvl.2

Denmark

djiuser_CgYhBqmxP83j Posted at 11-2 05:33
Oh man, this looks like a great update. I think the biggest complaints left is SDK and waypoints.

You have to buy RC pro Remote.. its able to do waypoints.. SDK will never be a thing… how to sell the rc pro then?
2022-11-10
Use props
fans064bad9c
lvl.2

Denmark

DanKentucky Posted at 11-10 05:57
Still need SDK and waypoints!  Bought a Mavic 3 fully expecting to have more/better functionality than the Mavic 2 Pro I had before.  DJI needs to step up and provide the functionality its customers are expecting.  If DJI intends to remove or not support functionality in the some model in the future it should provide full disclosure when the model is released.  The Mavic 3 had no disclosure and many buyers took it on faith that the SDK would be forthcoming (or had no idea the functionality wasn’t there at purchase - like me).

Waypoint = RC pro or enterprise.. thats life
2022-11-10
Use props
djiuser_0bFrR3rULkQA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 993829 ft
  • >>>
United States

How come the remote ID Error keeps popping up?
This is after the update
2022-11-10
Use props
Bertollini
lvl.1
Flight distance : 280915 ft
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-2 07:41
I dont think they every advertised these drones as getting WAYPOINTS or SDK

Correct. They never even hinted at there ever being an SDK release OR waypoints. But when most of the other models give you one or the other, it kind of lends itself to the idea that the M3 will eventually have at least one of them.
2022-11-10
Use props
fans784f71b4
lvl.3
Flight distance : 46798589 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well we need the SDK for the mavic 3.      The mavic 3E is useless for broadcast work since the camera is limited to 30p
2022-11-10
Use props
Sergejs Mikusa
lvl.3
  • >>>
Finland

It would be great to get the ProRes codec at least LT in the base model, 256gb mini sd card  would be enough to work with the card. And noise reduction when recording video seems to me not the best idea, it's better to give more bitrate per frame.

And of course, we are waiting for our stickers for M3.

2022-11-11
Use props
Ryan70
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6556680 ft
United States

pjglad Posted at 11-2 09:53
Do the batteries need to be updated?
Plug them in and see. The app will tell you.

It's amazing to me how many people who fly and own drones are so negligent and lazy when it comes to drone ownership and responsibility. EDUCATE YOURSELF AND READ THE MANUAL TO YOUR DRONE(S) AND THE WEBSITE ALONG WITH THE FAA REGULATIONS.

If you did, you and others would not be asking such elementary questions like this.
2022-11-11
Use props
Ryan70
lvl.2
United States

Sergejs Mikusa Posted at 11-11 02:22
It would be great to get the ProRes codec at least LT in the base model, 256gb mini sd card  would be enough to work with the card. And noise reduction when recording video seems to me not the best idea, it's better to give more bitrate per frame.

And of course, we are waiting for our stickers for M3.

I could care less about the sticker. Don't live in Europe.  Thank goodness for that! Far too many restrictions.  

Then again it's only getting worse everywhere because of other stupid drone owners who refuse to even read the owners manual that comes with the drone, let alone read the regulations and drone laws.
2022-11-11
Use props
Ryan70
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_0bFrR3rULkQA Posted at 11-10 07:10
How come the remote ID Error keeps popping up?
This is after the update
No problems here. Repair your drone to your remote.
2022-11-11
Use props
Ryan70
lvl.2
United States

Bertollini Posted at 11-10 08:54
Correct. They never even hinted at there ever being an SDK release OR waypoints. But when most of the other models give you one or the other, it kind of lends itself to the idea that the M3 will eventually have at least one of them.

Actually Waypoints are advertised in their videos when they launched.
2022-11-11
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

I'll go pass on this one Very nice additions And implying limitations with LED's and RID I am  not ready to embrace yet
2022-11-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bertollini Posted at 11-10 08:54
Correct. They never even hinted at there ever being an SDK release OR waypoints. But when most of the other models give you one or the other, it kind of lends itself to the idea that the M3 will eventually have at least one of them.

But thats purely a buyers assumption.
2022-11-12
Use props
djiuser_yS09pse0ntFy
New

United Kingdom

Hi there
I have downloaded the new v01.00.0900 for the mavic 3 and now having problems with it. As it saying fwd and bkwd unavailable, left and right unavailable and up/down unavailable. I have tried to do any other updates but comes up with you have the latest update.   

Is asking me to put my verification code
In but I can't seem to fine it in my emails
Any help.
Thank you
2022-11-12
Use props
Jose vp
lvl.1
Spain

Hola buenas tardes
Tengo una samsung galaxy tab s2 y no consigo ninguna app para volar mi mavic 3 compatible con la tablet.
Qué puedo hacer?
Alguien que me pueda ayudar
Un saludo y gracias
2022-11-12
Use props
Jose vp
lvl.1
Spain

djiuser_yS09pse0ntFy Posted at 11-12 02:40
Hi there
I have downloaded the new v01.00.0900 for the mavic 3 and now having problems with it. As it saying fwd and bkwd unavailable, left and right unavailable and up/down unavailable. I have tried to do any other updates but comes up with you have the latest update.   

Yo cada vez que actualizo la aplicacion tengo problemas de conexión con el mavic 3.
Desistalo la aplicación y la vuelvo a instalar... me funciona siempre
Un saludo
2022-11-12
Use props
djiuser_9VPh7j4Titcp
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I am suffering through using waypoints with hyperlapse since the downgrading of no actual waypoints with video that was able to be used with the Mavic 2 Pro. I think it is crazy there is NO WAY to backup the waypoints. I have jobs that last over a year period and if I accidentally the waypoints (easy to do) or the controller stops working then I am out a lot of $$$.
2022-11-13
Use props
WKKL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 681283 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

HI all..

I downloaded the Firmware on the Phone and when connected to the M3 it took a long time install After 1 hour still 0%
so I gave up.

Anyone had this problem as well?

Does the Iphone need to be on the Latest OS version?

Thank  you
2022-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules