New DJI Mavic 3 Firmware Released(12/27/2023)
55105 269 2022-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
yakuzadrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 449774 ft
Norway

djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6 Posted at 12-9 08:09
so it was changed from 1000 meters to 500 meters?  thats ... reduced.  lol.

no the limit was 500 now its 1000 mate ;)
2022-12-9
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6 Posted at 12-9 08:09
so it was changed from 1000 meters to 500 meters?  thats ... reduced.  lol.

No no , it was changed from 500 meters to 1000 meters , so it was increased !!!!
2022-12-9
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

yakuzadrone Posted at 12-9 07:51
wow that's amazing! not that i will fly over 120m

Yes likewise, loving this change
2022-12-9
Use props
MGreengrass
lvl.2

United Kingdom

yakuzadrone Posted at 12-9 07:51
wow that's amazing! not that i will fly over 120m

Excellent news, there's a few cases where I've wanted to climb to 500+ meters up the side of a mountain which would equate to about 150m AGL so p much in legal limits and certainly within common sense safe limits. Nice that they've opened this limit up a little.

It's all about sensible risk management, and I've never understood the obsession with 250-900g consumer drones when eagles, pelicans, and other heavy birds weighing 6, 7, 8 kg are prevalent, with a number of species going over 10kg, which are many orders of magnitude heavier and more dangerous than a 250-900g drone. Never heard of a light aircraft being taken down by a multiple kg bird, the worst I've seen is one bust through a light aircraft windshield. And of course, these birds can obviously fly in and around airports unlike DJI drones. There are 100's of millions of heavier birds flying about at all sorts of altitudes and locations with no care for safety, vs. some thousands of 250g+ drones that spend very little time in the air in comparison to the average bird, and where the vast majority of pilots will be at least loosely following regulations and staying at low altitudes the vast majority of the time. So I sincerely doubt we'll ever hear of a drone causing any sort of light aircraft emergency, let alone a serious injury.

Still glad they have a 1000m limit, otherwise there'd be a few who would try going up several km where there are more planes travelling much faster, where you might have a drone be able to crack a plane windshield or take out even large turbofan engine with a perfectly placed hit. But still nothing that could conceivably cause bodily harm.
2022-12-9
Use props
yakuzadrone
lvl.2
Norway

MGreengrass Posted at 12-9 08:55
Excellent news, there's a few cases where I've wanted to climb to 500+ meters up the side of a mountain which would equate to about 150m AGL so p much in legal limits and certainly within common sense safe limits. Nice that they've opened this limit up a little.

It's all about sensible risk management, and I've never understood the obsession with 250-900g consumer drones when eagles, pelicans, and other heavy birds weighing 6, 7, 8 kg are prevalent, with a number of species going over 10kg, which are many orders of magnitude heavier and more dangerous than a 250-900g drone. Never heard of a light aircraft being taken down by a multiple kg bird, the worst I've seen is one bust through a light aircraft windshield. And of course, these birds can obviously fly in and around airports unlike DJI drones. There are 100's of millions of heavier birds flying about at all sorts of altitudes and locations with no care for safety, vs. some thousands of 250g+ drones that spend very little time in the air in comparison to the average bird, and where the vast majority of pilots will be at least loosely following regulations and staying at low altitudes the vast majority of the time. So I sincerely doubt we'll ever hear of a drone causing any sort of light aircraft emergency, let alone a serious injury.

That is so true!
2022-12-9
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can anyone in the EU confirm if this new update fixes the LED night issue people are complaining about. I'm still on the Pre-C1 FW so I've held off, but this update is just too tempting.
2022-12-9
Use props
MGreengrass
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Btw, in most places the altitude limit is still 500m. They have new 500m altitude zones everywhere. I'm guessing where the terrain reaches close to 500 + 120m AGL or above that that there is no 500m altitude zones in these locations. Seems sensible to me.
2022-12-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

CloudVisual Posted at 12-9 09:25
Can anyone in the EU confirm if this new update fixes the LED night issue people are complaining about. I'm still on the Pre-C1 FW so I've held off, but this update is just too tempting.

No it’s obviously set permanently in the app. You no longer have control over the LED.
2022-12-9
Use props
djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 884301 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mzp Posted at 12-9 08:54
No no , it was changed from 500 meters to 1000 meters , so it was increased !!!!

ok i got it backwards, sorry lmao
2022-12-9
Use props
IAMWISE
New

New Zealand

Please tell me WAYPOINTS is coming to the Mini Pro 3?
2022-12-9
Use props
Cascade_MT
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5514672 ft
  • >>>
Russia

IAMWISE Posted at 12-9 14:32
Please tell me WAYPOINTS is coming to the Mini Pro 3?

No
2022-12-9
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

Grimtheviking Posted at 11-2 05:44
Yeah looks a really good update with some welcome features but still no WAYPOINTS or SDK...
Thanks Dji, but we are still coming at you for the waypoints or SDK.. hahaaa

What am I missing? Says this update adds waypoints?
2022-12-9
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6 Posted at 12-9 12:25
ok i got it backwards, sorry lmao

nw, I was also worried , but was pleasantly surprised to see the bump in altitude
2022-12-9
Use props
djiuser_hiMV4I52vU6E
lvl.3

Hungary

Hello! Can anyone confirm that the height restriction in the EU did not drop to 120m after the fw update? Did it rise to 1000 meters there too? Thank you for your answers!
2022-12-9
Use props
mileshkin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9266709 ft
Russia

Can anyone in the EU confirm if this new update fixes the LED night issue people are complaining about. I'm still on the Pre-C1 FW so I've held off, but this update is just too tempting.

I'm on 900/1100 and still able to control LEDs and DOWNWARD
2022-12-10
Use props
yakuzadrone
lvl.2
Norway

djiuser_hiMV4I52vU6E Posted at 12-9 23:52
Hello! Can anyone confirm that the height restriction in the EU did not drop to 120m after the fw update? Did it rise to 1000 meters there too? Thank you for your answers!

I'm in Norway and it did rise to 1000 meters
2022-12-10
Use props
Sergejs Mikusa
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3902126 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Thanks for the waypoints! They were very lacking. Will the hyperlapse option be added to waypoints as well?

It still lacks the ability to program waypoints BEFORE flying, so as not to connect a drone to this moment.

By the way, have you thought about making it possible to use the data of an already made flight so that you can activate it for an automatic re-flight again?

But it's really great - you gave a lot for everyone - this is C1 certificate and Waypoints and range - Mavic can finally be a professional drone, not only in terms of the quality of visual materials.
2022-12-10
Use props
Sergejs Mikusa
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3902126 ft
  • >>>
Finland

In Finland - The maximum height remained 500m. Horizontal speed in sport mode is now a maximum of 66 km / h
2022-12-10
Use props
djiuser_CgYhBqmxP83j
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1078150 ft
United States

Bunch of people that swore they wouldn't update because of remote ID now have to decide if they are so committed, they will forgo waypoints. LOL.
2022-12-10
Use props
jeffjeffellisphoto.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4039862 ft
United States

A couple of YouTube videos that I watched about the new waypoint feature showed that it was easy to create and plan a mission from home. But it doesn’t appear to be letting me do that without the drone in the air.  If I hit the “+” symbol, a waypoint icon in the planner pops up, but nothing on the map. If I hit the C1 button I get “ aircraft not in flight. Unable to add waypoint“ Not letting me plan a mission from home. on each waypoint symbol in the planner I can specify all the parameters for each point- but I don’t see them on the map.  My ac firmware is 01.00.100. And RC few is 3.01.1200.  anyone else have this issue or has anyone else been successfully able to plan a mission from home?
2022-12-10
Use props
blocker87
lvl.4

Netherlands

In the Netherlands i have 500m Altitude Limit with this update.
Bit strange because yesterday after update i got 1000m and now 500...
2022-12-10
Use props
blocker87
lvl.4

Netherlands

Nope, no controls for it.
2022-12-10
Use props
ruleworld
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1048307 ft
Bangladesh

jeffjeffellisphoto.com Posted at 12-10 11:17
A couple of YouTube videos that I watched about the new waypoint feature showed that it was easy to create and plan a mission from home. But it doesn’t appear to be letting me do that without the drone in the air.  If I hit the “+” symbol, a waypoint icon in the planner pops up, but nothing on the map. If I hit the C1 button I get “ aircraft not in flight. Unable to add waypoint“ Not letting me plan a mission from home. on each waypoint symbol in the planner I can specify all the parameters for each point- but I don’t see them on the map.  My ac firmware is 01.00.100. And RC few is 3.01.1200.  anyone else have this issue or has anyone else been successfully able to plan a mission from home?

I clicked the Fn button on the RC-N1 then the '+' button a few times then on the map. It sometimes works after trying a few times.
2022-12-10
Use props
RandyCat
lvl.1
United States

A couple of YouTube videos that I watched about the new waypoint feature showed that it was easy to create and plan a mission from home. But it doesn’t appear to be letting me do that without the drone in the air.  If I hit the “+” symbol, a waypoint icon in the planner pops up, but nothing on the map. If I hit the C1 button I get “ aircraft not in flight. Unable to add waypoint“ Not letting me plan a mission from home. on each waypoint symbol in the planner I can specify all the parameters for each point- but I don’t see them on the map.  My ac firmware is 01.00.100. And RC few is 3.01.1200.  anyone else have this issue or has anyone else been successfully able to plan a mission from home?

Just ran a quick mission around the House, I can confirm that the waypoints work, I set them up with out the Mavic  being powered on and connected, setting the POI was finicky, but as was described earlier I hit the Fn button and the plus and it finally took. Now to figure out how to keep the camera right on the POI, I think the POI altitude has a lot to do with it, kind of cold out so I may try again next week.
2022-12-10
Use props
RandyCat
lvl.1
United States

Sergejs Mikusa Posted at 12-10 05:22
Thanks for the waypoints! They were very lacking. Will the hyperlapse option be added to waypoints as well?

It still lacks the ability to program waypoints BEFORE flying, so as not to connect a drone to this moment.

I was able to program my waypoints and set a POI, with out flying or with out being connected to the Mavic 3. I saved the mission went outside fired up the AC and controller connected to my tablet and loaded the WP that I had created and flew the mission.  
2022-12-10
Use props
ZmoothOperator
lvl.4
Flight distance : 187516 ft
Norway

RandyCat Posted at 12-10 12:42
Just ran a quick mission around the House, I can confirm that the waypoints work, I set them up with out the Mavic  being powered on and connected, setting the POI was finicky, but as was described earlier I hit the Fn button and the plus and it finally took. Now to figure out how to keep the camera right on the POI, I think the POI altitude has a lot to do with it, kind of cold out so I may try again next week.

As long as you know the height of what you want to focus on, you could e.g. use something like this to find gimbal angle on waypoints (vertical distance would obviously have to be relative to the POI).
2022-12-10
Use props
djiuser_U6SxHX2W9IHN
New
Flight distance : 435348 ft

Hong Kong

Nice update
2022-12-10
Use props
djiuser_Ft2QIHh7biyk
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi.  Does anyone know when I will be able to fly with the "C1" certificate under the new regulations? Does it already apply? From January 1, 2023? Or only after the transition period?
2022-12-11
Use props
jeffjeffellisphoto.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4039862 ft
United States

Just updated the RC Pro and M3, trying test out planning a waypoint mission from home.

A couple of YouTube videos that I watched about the new waypoint feature showed that it was easy to create and plan a mission from home. But it doesn’t appear to be letting me do that without the drone in the air.
At first, I tried hitting the C-1 button and the ”+” button but I get a message that says the aircraft must be in the air to use that. Then I tried tapping on the map.
That does create waypoint icons in the waypoint menu. But nothing on the map itself. So I can’t be sure where the waypoint is.
On each waypoint symbol in the planner I can specify all the parameters for each point- but again  I don’t see them on the map. Which makes it useless since I have no idea where the actual points are, nor could I connect them to a POI, which also doesn’t show up on the map…
My ac firmware is 01.00.100. And RC Pro is 3.01.1200.  DJI Fly app is 1.9
2022-12-11
Use props
yakuzadrone
lvl.2
Norway

blocker87 Posted at 12-10 11:42
In the Netherlands i have 500m Altitude Limit with this update.
Bit strange because yesterday after update i got 1000m and now 500...

Hey! So the same thing happen to me yesterday. Had 1000m then down to 500 after a restart. but when I got 8 or more satellites connected it went back to 1000m did you check this?  
2022-12-11
Use props
fans64588c46
lvl.2
United States

Is there a specific url to follow the firmware updates (changelog) for a specific drone?
I've been researching for quite a while and the only thing close is to do a search on this dji forum every time.
Would be nice to have some sort of notification subscription for the new updates of a specific drone model.
Please let me know if this already existing somewhere.

Zeek

2022-12-11
Use props
blocker87
lvl.4

Netherlands

yakuzadrone Posted at 12-11 09:20
Hey! So the same thing happen to me yesterday. Had 1000m then down to 500 after a restart. but when I got 8 or more satellites connected it went back to 1000m did you check this?

Not tested yet. But heard from DJI that there are geo zone circles. If you are inside a circle you got 500m. Did you test that also?
2022-12-11
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BrianKushner Posted at 12-9 18:46

Hi Brian, you have commented on an old post, from the Sept update...
Its confusing when they just add onto the same thread.
2022-12-11
Use props
Jbo
lvl.1

United States

BrianKushner Posted at 12-9 18:46

Which is nice, but still not very helpful for mapping. It can help remove the manual flying part of this, however the SDK is what allows 3rd party apps such as dronedeploy to automatically create the flight routes and mapping for you. If you wanted to map an area with waypoints you'd have to manually go in and draw each endpoint, making sure the lines are close enough for photo overlap. For a mapping mission I'm needing to do we'd be talking about adding around 100-200 waypoint spots on the map manually...
2022-12-12
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1757375 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_CgYhBqmxP83j Posted at 11-2 05:33
Oh man, this looks like a great update. I think the biggest complaints left is SDK and waypoints.

Literally says waypoints was added...
2022-12-12
Use props
djiuser_6PcRZtzKJcGD
New

Canada

I’ve encountered some unexpected behaviour after updating this firmware for my Mavic 3 with DJI RC yesterday. To test the new waypoint functions I sent up the drone to set a series of waypoints and then had it RTH. The RTH had my drone come down six feet behind the launch pad and I had to intervene to keep it from striking  power lines. There was an IMU attitude warning on the RC screen, so I proceeded to calibrate the IMU, changed the battery, and sent it back up to perform the waypoint course with POIs. The recording missed POIs and focused elsewhere. As well, I had recorded some of the waypoints at 7x zoom but they were recorded as 1x zoom instead. I had also set RTH for when it recorded the last waypoint. It then proceeded to aim right into the tower wall of the church I was filming instead of going around it. It braked at the wall but I had to manually steer it home. After the next set of waypoints I set, the RTH flight brought it down on to the power lines and almost crashed.
2022-12-12
Use props
snickell
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1782444 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes I was able to do it.  Controller and M3 on and connected.  Pull up local map, tap on map to create waypoints or POI.  Maybe skip the "+" and tap directly on the map instead.
2022-12-12
Use props
djiuser_as7ncWVZLAho
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1763156 ft
Poland

yakuzadrone Posted at 12-11 09:20

Do you know if this is same limit in all EU countries or just different per country and actual zone you are?
2022-12-13
Use props
mariogiovanni
lvl.2
Flight distance : 287497 ft
Italy

Hello, I have done all the updates: My Mavic 3 firmware is 01.00.1000. The DJI Fly app is 1.9 but the RC-N1 firmware is 04.13.0800 and instead DJI says it must be 04.17.0800. Do you have an explanation? Thank you
2022-12-18
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

mariogiovanni Posted at 12-18 08:39
Hello, I have done all the updates: My Mavic 3 firmware is 01.00.1000. The DJI Fly app is 1.9 but the RC-N1 firmware is 04.13.0800 and instead DJI says it must be 04.17.0800. Do you have an explanation? Thank you

You need to update your controller firmware.
2022-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules