New DJI Mavic 3 Firmware Released(12/27/2023)
55107 269 2022-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
akozc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

grzech987 Posted at 4-30 00:31
is it back again max altitude from 1000m to 500m?

Yes back to 500 m
Edit on 6th Sep : Sorry I was my mistake as initially didnt update the batteries as well  after the drone master firmware updates. Now all OK and max altitute back to 1,000m.
2023-9-5
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

akozc Posted at 9-5 16:20
Yes back to 500 m

Why is that not listed in what's new then???
2023-9-5
Use props
vyskocil
lvl.2
Czechia

Why isn't the 7x lens able to film in DLog-M like it has been made possible on the Mavic 3 Pro with the latest firmware ?
This is a major lack of gratitude toward all the pro buyers of the first Mavic 3 !
2023-9-5
Use props
pinota
lvl.2
Flight distance : 22205810 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Did the update and already did the firts flight tests.

Of course, IMU, COMPASS and GIMBAL calibration before any flight. Also had to update all batteries.

RC PRO controlls became much more sensitive, and the M3 Cine is to responsive now and not very stable in wind conditions. Also footage is not so stable has it was before the update.

Think twice before you do the upgrade. I don´t like it at all.

2023-9-6
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

pinota Posted at 9-6 05:27

Of course, IMU, COMPASS and GIMBAL calibration before any flight. Also had to update all batteries.

Hi Pinota,
Could pls share some footage to show how bad after the update
I recently updated but not take off yet .
2023-9-6
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

pinota Posted at 9-6 05:27

Check your Gain and Expo settings
2023-9-6
Use props
Skyhigh16
First Officer
Flight distance : 573225 ft
  • >>>
United States

Agreed. @dji will you please allow dlog on the mavic 3 tele camera as well?
2023-9-6
Use props
djiuser_UAPzMrwJbYVy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3072448 ft
  • >>>
United States

dronethemoment Posted at 4-25 07:02
I did the update with no issues on Mavic 3 standard in the US. Ran some POI and tested hyperlapse and all is good. Once I get the proper cable I will test the goggles 2 and motion controller 2 with it although I doubt I will ever use them as it’s a PITA to set all that up.

Everything went smooth on a single battery test flight.  Even tested some obstacle avoidance.[Image]

Did you have to change your gain and expo settings again or did they remain the same
2023-9-6
Use props
pinota
lvl.2
Flight distance : 22205810 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

akozc Posted at 9-6 06:12
Hi Pinota,
Could pls share some footage to show how bad after the update
I recently updated but not take off yet .

Here´s the link. You can see easy bad gimbal stabilization.

https://mab.to/t/5QVzvoEQrVb/eu1
2023-9-7
Use props
Frowzzen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26539 ft
United States

This would be my first time doing an update to my Mavic 3 Cine. Is it normal for new updates to be buggy and later have patches? I'm hesitant to update, knowing my drone works perfectly fine as is.
2023-9-7
Use props
gherk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2727018 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Why tf did the Mavic 3 7x camera not get dlogm?
2023-9-7
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19198005 ft
United States

I did all the required firmware updated today and then test flown my mavic 3.
Everything works as advertised . No problems . I did not do any range test i just few out a couple thousand feet..

I love the new added features and a huge thank you dji for giving me the option to turn off the bottom sensor. Best update todate.

So no issues to report for me .
I'm using a dji-rc1 controller
Pixel 4xl  android 13
Mavic 3 original
2023-9-8
Use props
24 Frames Film
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59384534 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hello dear developers, nice update, but why doesn't the 7x camera on my Mavic 3 Cine get the D-Log upgrade? It's the same camera. We use the Mavic purely professionally and that would be a great relief in the edit workflow. Thanks!
2023-9-10
Use props
vyskocil
lvl.2
France

24 Frames Film Posted at 9-10 04:26
Hello dear developers, nice update, but why doesn't the 7x camera on my Mavic 3 Cine get the D-Log upgrade? It's the same camera. We use the Mavic purely professionally and that would be a great relief in the edit workflow. Thanks!

Yes I couldn't understand why the first Mavic 3, which introduced this concept of 7x tele camera along the wide angle one is bereft of the last needed improvement which is supporting DLog-m mode !
2023-9-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

24 Frames Film Posted at 9-10 04:26
Hello dear developers, nice update, but why doesn't the 7x camera on my Mavic 3 Cine get the D-Log upgrade? It's the same camera. We use the Mavic purely professionally and that would be a great relief in the edit workflow. Thanks!

Thank you for your recommendations. Please rest assured that we will register the information and provide feedback to the related departments for evaluation. In the future, we will optimize and improve the product or service based on user comments. Thank you for your support and understanding.
2023-9-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

vyskocil Posted at 9-11 00:12
Yes I couldn't understand why the first Mavic 3, which introduced this concept of 7x tele camera along the wide angle one is bereft of the last needed improvement which is supporting DLog-m mode !

We understand the importance of the feature requested. Rest assured this request was already referred to our designated department. We appreciate your support and understanding.
2023-9-11
Use props
mcde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 621906 ft
Greece

DJI Tony Posted at 9-11 02:21
We understand the importance of the feature requested. Rest assured this request was already referred to our designated department. We appreciate your support and understanding.

Thanks for your response on this but I have to reiterate that not enabling DLOG-M on the 7x camera of the original Mavic 3 is totally unacceptable unless there is some kind of hardware limitation we are unaware of.
I also have to remind everyone that here in Europe the original Mavic 3 has a C1 label allowing it to fly under the more lenient A1 subcategory. The Mavic 3 Pro on the other hand being heavier than 900gr (so it has a C2 label)  has to fly under the A2 subcategory which requires a more difficult and costlier pilot certification and more importantly has more limitations as to where the drone can fly.
2023-9-13
Use props
super_eight
New
Flight distance : 653524 ft
United States

No SDK yet?? Come on, DJI...
2023-9-13
Use props
axxo
lvl.1

Switzerland

Why the heck is there no DLOG-M update on the tele lens? Only for Mavic 3 Pro, seriously, DJI?
2023-9-17
Use props
axxo
lvl.1

Switzerland

mcde Posted at 9-13 01:23
Thanks for your response on this but I have to reiterate that not enabling DLOG-M on the 7x camera of the original Mavic 3 is totally unacceptable unless there is some kind of hardware limitation we are unaware of.
I also have to remind everyone that here in Europe the original Mavic 3 has a C1 label allowing it to fly under the more lenient A1 subcategory. The Mavic 3 Pro on the other hand being heavier than 900gr (so it has a C2 label)  has to fly under the A2 subcategory which requires a more difficult and costlier pilot certification and more importantly has more limitations as to where the drone can fly.

Totally agree - this is simply inacceptable
2023-9-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

super_eight Posted at 9-13 10:01
No SDK yet?? Come on, DJI...

Hi, super_eight. Regretfully, the Mavic 3 still doesn't support SDK but we will take this as a suggestion of yours and forward it to our relevant team. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2023-9-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

axxo Posted at 9-17 07:10
Why the heck is there no DLOG-M update on the tele lens? Only for Mavic 3 Pro, seriously, DJI?

Hi, axxo. Regrefully, D-log is not supported with tele lens but we will take this as suggestion of yours and forward it to our relevant team. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2023-9-18
Use props
Anzor Conant
New

United States

Can you let the developers know that we still want SDK support please and thank you!
2023-9-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Anzor Conant Posted at 9-19 17:25
Can you let the developers know that we still want SDK support please and thank you!

Hi, Anzor. Rest assured that this will be forwarded to our relevant team. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-9-20
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19198005 ft
United States

Has anyone else got this notice today 9/26/2023  about a update for the fly app and a Mavic3 firmware update?  I'm going to wait a while before downloading and installing them as the app update does not really seem apply to the mavic3 or the DJI-RC-NC1 it says support for the mini4 & RC2
&  I just updated them at the beginning of the month.
2023-9-26
Use props
K5Greg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 680420 ft
United States

Bug Fix please. After this latest Mavic3 firmware update, The home point indicator (that little "H" on the controller display) still appears on HDMI output in LiveView mode - so not a "clean" HDMI output.  Please make it go away!
2023-10-14
Use props
Snowride419
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5555102 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-18 07:49
Hi, super_eight. Regretfully, the Mavic 3 still doesn't support SDK but we will take this as a suggestion of yours and forward it to our relevant team. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.

After 2 full years can y'all just come out and say that SDK will never be added?  It just seems likely that DJI's focus is on new products rather than current in-market products.  For years DJI has been a market leader but dropping feature sets such as SDK support is not the way to retain that edge.  I love my Mavic 3  but I tire of the lagging development.
2023-11-10
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Snowride419 Posted at 11-10 15:43
After 2 full years can y'all just come out and say that SDK will never be added?  It just seems likely that DJI's focus is on new products rather than current in-market products.  For years DJI has been a market leader but dropping feature sets such as SDK support is not the way to retain that edge.  I love my Mavic 3  but I tire of the lagging development.

But they did... SDK will not be release for the Mavic 3 drone...

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 656&pid=3155824

You can read all the story there....
2023-11-10
Use props
mohasin shaikh
New

India

Vision sensor unavailable
Forward, backward, downward
2023-12-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

mohasin shaikh Posted at 12-3 19:12
Vision sensor unavailable
Forward, backward, downward

Hi. Does this error show also when flying? If only on the ground, it is normal. The aircraft will disable vision sensors to reduce power consumption, After the propellers rotate, all vision sensors will be enabled. Have a great day.
2023-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules