No probs RobZilla
2022-11-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It’s so cool it’s finally got a C1 label and can take advantage of the unified eu rules at last.
2022-11-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice review on the Mavic 3 Classic.  So now I'm wondering if obstacle avoidance still works during cruise control?  Nice that they went ahead and added the C1 label.

Thanks for sharing DA.
2022-11-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-2 12:47
Very nice review on the Mavic 3 Classic.  So now I'm wondering if obstacle avoidance still works during cruise control?  Nice that they went ahead and added the C1 label.

Thanks for sharing DA.

I think it would be turned on like for any autonomous mode,  Im allso liking the max vertical speed setting in Cine EXP but sadly after updating the RC I dont get that option with the Mini 3 which is rather frustrating.
2022-11-2
Use props
LoveYou
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16525367 ft
Greece

Perfect
2022-11-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 11-2 11:29
It’s so cool it’s finally got a C1 label and can take advantage of the unified eu rules at last.

Yeah, that is true.
2022-11-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-2 23:21
I think it would be turned on like for any autonomous mode,  Im allso liking the max vertical speed setting in Cine EXP but sadly after updating the RC I dont get that option with the Mini 3 which is rather frustrating.

Would be great if they implemented that for the Mini 3.  
2022-11-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-3 02:54
Would be great if they implemented that for the Mini 3.

I cant see why they couldn't but they may want to keep features back to separate them,   a slow speed mode though seems petty if they do withhold it.
2022-11-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-3 06:00
I cant see why they couldn't but they may want to keep features back to separate them,   a slow speed mode though seems petty if they do withhold it.

I'm sure they have a reason for their decision.  I know some features are marketing drivers to get you to update to the next better drone or next newly released drone.

I'm still looking for a Pocket 3 release.  Kind of been really quiet on that release.  Seems like we'd have seen a leak or two by now with more insider info on it.
2022-11-3
Use props
SpectreOne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 79659 ft
United States

Thanks for posting!
2022-11-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're very welcome.
2022-11-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-3 08:37
I'm sure they have a reason for their decision.  I know some features are marketing drivers to get you to update to the next better drone or next newly released drone.

I'm still looking for a Pocket 3 release.  Kind of been really quiet on that release.  Seems like we'd have seen a leak or two by now with more insider info on it.

It's all very well and good have "upgrades" but in some ways the Mavic 3 is a downgrade as it cannot fly over people whereas the Mini3 can,  at least here in the EU.
2022-11-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-4 00:14
It's all very well and good have "upgrades" but in some ways the Mavic 3 is a downgrade as it cannot fly over people whereas the Mini3 can,  at least here in the EU.

Even with the C1 you can't fly over people?  I don't mean like a crowd of people but like an individual or two on the beach or something like that.
2022-11-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-4 03:26
Even with the C1 you can't fly over people?  I don't mean like a crowd of people but like an individual or two on the beach or something like that.

No intentional flight over people,  so if you were crossing a walk way and someone happened to be under neath that would be OK,  but if you flew over a shopping centre carpark where you can expect people to be then that wouldn't be.
2022-11-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-5 01:50
No intentional flight over people,  so if you were crossing a walk way and someone happened to be under neath that would be OK,  but if you flew over a shopping centre carpark where you can expect people to be then that wouldn't be.

Okay, that does make sense.  I bet it will get like that here before long.  

The last time I used the Skydio 2+ to film my grandson racing his gokart I had to show proof of insurance, 107 license and do a trial run for the track owner.  He was amazed at how autonomous the Skydio 2+ was.  On race day I had to make sure I didn't overfly the grandstands or the pit area.  
2022-11-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-5 04:45
Okay, that does make sense.  I bet it will get like that here before long.  

The last time I used the Skydio 2+ to film my grandson racing his gokart I had to show proof of insurance, 107 license and do a trial run for the track owner.  He was amazed at how autonomous the Skydio 2+ was.  On race day I had to make sure I didn't overfly the grandstands or the pit area.

I think you were quite lucky with that,   here they would probably have just said no.   

There was a guy who wanted to see how scrap metal was being recycled and they threatened to shoot his drone down with a shotgun.

2022-11-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-5 04:48
I think you were quite lucky with that,   here they would probably have just said no.   

There was a guy who wanted to see how scrap metal was being recycled and they threatened to shoot his drone down with a shotgun.

I guess he decided he was going to fly regardless of what the property owner said.  Personally, I would have packed up and left.  
2022-11-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-5 05:43
I guess he decided he was going to fly regardless of what the property owner said.  Personally, I would have packed up and left.

They get a lot of views because some people want to see the confrontation.  There's a few about some like to do the prisons but others have found industrial estates safer targets.
2022-11-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-6 00:02
They get a lot of views because some people want to see the confrontation.  There's a few about some like to do the prisons but others have found industrial estates safer targets.

I saw enough alcohol induced confrontations over the years that I don't need to see any in videos now.  
2022-11-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-6 06:36
I saw enough alcohol induced confrontations over the years that I don't need to see any in videos now.

Hahaha.    I can see how you’d be bored with that.    As it’s still raining I’ve been changing some of the prints in frames round the house.  

2022-11-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-6 07:07
Hahaha.    I can see how you’d be bored with that.    As it’s still raining I’ve been changing some of the prints in frames round the house.

Nice.  Also a good time to work on your upcoming calendar or has that already gone to print?
2022-11-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-6 07:36
Nice.  Also a good time to work on your upcoming calendar or has that already gone to print?

I have an all the prints for the calendars they just need to be cut to size,  I outsource that part to SHMBOd.
2022-11-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-6 07:42
I have an all the prints for the calendars they just need to be cut to size,  I outsource that part to SHMBOd.

Not bad, a 2 person production line.  At least you got the hardest part done in selecting which shots to use.  
2022-11-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-6 07:44
Not bad, a 2 person production line.  At least you got the hardest part done in selecting which shots to use.

The hardest part is updating the dates against the days and I’m ahead for next year on that.  Even got 5 images in the short list.  
2022-11-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-6 08:13
The hardest part is updating the dates against the days and I’m ahead for next year on that.  Even got 5 images in the short list.

Nice head start on next year's calendar project DA.  
2022-11-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-6 13:35
Nice head start on next year's calendar project DA.

IM trying,   otherwise it gets all a bit stressful at the last minute.
2022-11-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-7 23:30
IM trying,   otherwise it gets all a bit stressful at the last minute.

No doubt.  Seems best to pick your shots each month as you go along.  
2022-11-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-8 03:39
No doubt.  Seems best to pick your shots each month as you go along.

Exactly,   Its easier to cull the list then search through and find the shots later.
2022-11-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-8 23:44
Exactly,   Its easier to cull the list then search through and find the shots later.

No doubt.  Always nice to have your list of "contenders".    I see you have been increasing your stock on IG.  
2022-11-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-9 03:39
No doubt.  Always nice to have your list of "contenders".    I see you have been increasing your stock on IG.

I try to post there every other day or so.
2022-11-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-9 23:25
I try to post there every other day or so.

That sounds good.  
2022-11-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ive been slacking off the last couple of days.  To many things competing for time.
2022-11-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-12 01:31
Ive been slacking off the last couple of days.  To many things competing for time.

I hear you.  So many things to do and so little time.  

Fortunately, for me, I have plenty of time and always looking for something constructive to do.  Guess that is a good thing though.
2022-11-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-12 04:21
I hear you.  So many things to do and so little time.  

Fortunately, for me, I have plenty of time and always looking for something constructive to do.  Guess that is a good thing though.

Friday was an early appointment at a not local hospital where the traffic can be murder to get to,   luckily we had the first appointment and things were running on time.    Normal service should return next week as SHMBO'd goes back to work after Monday.  
2022-11-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-13 00:15
Friday was an early appointment at a not local hospital where the traffic can be murder to get to,   luckily we had the first appointment and things were running on time.    Normal service should return next week as SHMBO'd goes back to work after Monday.

Back to the normal routine will be nice.  
2022-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules