New DJI RC Firmware Released (04/17/2024)
43060 152 2022-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Tony
Administrator

TonyPHX Posted at 11-14 07:23
Just like we have asked for release notes to be professional and actually state what was fixed or changed.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.  When "fixed some bugs" or "fixed some known issues" is described in the firmware release notes, it is usually to update some regular software running logic or fix some problems that do not affect the use of the product. These basically have no impact on your use of the product, please feel free to use it. If you have urgent shooting tasks, you can upgrade later; If it is an important firmware upgrade, engineers will list in the release notes what new features have been added or what user experience has been improved. At this time, it is recommended that you update the firmware in time to get a better experience
2023-11-14
Use props
KnNLmS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 119967 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

This is the announcement of making the device discontinued. Last a few firmware upgrade with no additional abilities and the end of support...
2023-11-15
Use props
SengFeng
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1539150 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-14 21:00
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.  When "fixed some bugs" or "fixed some known issues" is described in the firmware release notes, it is usually to update some regular software running logic or fix some problems that do not affect the use of the product. These basically have no impact on your use of the product, please feel free to use it. If you have urgent shooting tasks, you can upgrade later; If it is an important firmware upgrade, engineers will list in the release notes what new features have been added or what user experience has been improved. At this time, it is recommended that you update the firmware in time to get a better experience

To make such a general, respectfully, worthless statement, does your customers no good.  Your programmers have detailed notes as to what's fixed or changed.  Even something like "Slider position saved properly" is 100x more meaningful than "Fixed some bugs."

We spend a LOT of money on your products. Give us the service we deserve.
2023-11-15
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 11-14 21:00
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.  When "fixed some bugs" or "fixed some known issues" is described in the firmware release notes, it is usually to update some regular software running logic or fix some problems that do not affect the use of the product. These basically have no impact on your use of the product, please feel free to use it. If you have urgent shooting tasks, you can upgrade later; If it is an important firmware upgrade, engineers will list in the release notes what new features have been added or what user experience has been improved. At this time, it is recommended that you update the firmware in time to get a better experience

Perhaps Tony, based on previous experience, your customer have lost trust in "fixed some bugs" and then finding that the drone can only fly up to 120 metres, or that some previous existing features are no longer available...

One thing is what you are saying and a completely different one what we are experiencing here...

I would urge DJI to become more transparent about firmware changelog...
2023-11-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

SengFeng Posted at 11-15 19:43
To make such a general, respectfully, worthless statement, does your customers no good.  Your programmers have detailed notes as to what's fixed or changed.  Even something like "Slider position saved properly" is 100x more meaningful than "Fixed some bugs."

We spend a LOT of money on your products. Give us the service we deserve.

This is well noted. I will get this forwarded to the related team. We appreciate your feedback.
2023-11-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Burt37 Posted at 11-16 02:56
Perhaps Tony, based on previous experience, your customer have lost trust in "fixed some bugs" and then finding that the drone can only fly up to 120 metres, or that some previous existing features are no longer available...

One thing is what you are saying and a completely different one what we are experiencing here...

Thank you for the feedback. I'll make sure to get your words heard by the related team. Thank you for your patience.
2023-11-17
Use props
djiuser_CC5sNnGBmSEs
New
Flight distance : 23287 ft
Bolivia

I updated my Dji RController yesterday to fly the drone today, at the first minute flying it suddenly moved to the left and it didn't stop until it crushed a tree and fall into the water. I really don't know what caused that and my drone is useless now
2023-11-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_CC5sNnGBmSEs Posted at 11-18 16:50
I updated my Dji RController yesterday to fly the drone today, at the first minute flying it suddenly moved to the left and it didn't stop until it crushed a tree and fall into the water. I really don't know what caused that and my drone is useless now

Sorry about what happened to your drone. We suggest sending the drone to the repair facility. You can submit a repair request or contact us using this link https://www.dji.com/support to get assistance. The warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the assessment including the warranty period of your unit. We appreciate your patience.
2023-11-18
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Why did you update?

Was it something wrong with the RC?
2023-11-20
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5009016 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looking forward to updating it.
2023-11-30
Use props
Mindax
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3540558 ft
Germany

Is it correct, that the altitude for the Mavic 3 has changed from 1000 to 500 Meters with the Firmware 01.03.0700 ?
2023-12-4
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Mindax Posted at 12-4 05:33
Is it correct, that the altitude for the Mavic 3 has changed from 1000 to 500 Meters with the Firmware 01.03.0700 ?

It will get harder and harder to find out what firmware updates really do, as it seems less and less people are trusting DJI, and prefer to wait, until some else does, like in your case...

You got to understand that we are dealing with incompetent people here, as it doesn't take this long to update a firmware description, unless it is deliberate...

We have been asking for nearly 12 months now...
2023-12-8
Use props
BennyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 208753 ft

Slovenia

Jesus christ
2023-12-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Come on DJI,  this is a big leap of the DJI RC controller surely you can tell us whats actually changed?
2023-12-27
Use props
Goldenfly
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10109446 ft
Italy

Puoi spegnere le luci anteriori quando riprendi
2023-12-28
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 12-27 23:58
Come on DJI,  this is a big leap of the DJI RC controller surely you can tell us whats actually changed?

I don't think they want to spoil the surprise for us...

2023-12-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 12-29 14:41
I don't think they want to spoil the surprise for us...

My concern is that easter egg is going to impose restrictions on the 1st January.  
2023-12-30
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 12-30 01:14
My concern is that easter egg is going to impose restrictions on the 1st January.

I just update the RC Pro and the Mavic 3 today, but I haven't done the RC or the Mini 3 Pro...

It is so sad that we can't enjoy upgrading the drones without having the fear of losing options/feature along the way...

However, I'm a strong believer in Karma... What it goes around, it comes around...
2023-12-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 12-30 02:29
I just update the RC Pro and the Mavic 3 today, but I haven't done the RC or the Mini 3 Pro...

It is so sad that we can't enjoy upgrading the drones without having the fear of losing options/feature along the way...

Absolutely.   I used to pounce on new software with excitement but not anymore.  
2023-12-30
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 12-30 02:56
Absolutely.   I used to pounce on new software with excitement but not anymore.

Well, this coming Monday, I think it will be a busy day for the bots on this forum... Is going to be fun to watch...
2023-12-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 12-30 03:09
Well, this coming Monday, I think it will be a busy day for the bots on this forum... Is going to be fun to watch...

Oh yes the Jan 1st thing.  
2023-12-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice update.  Being able to display zoom setting that supports larger text display is a plus.
1-25 13:17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-25 13:17
Nice update.  Being able to display zoom setting that supports larger text display is a plus.

Hello, there. Thank you for sharing your feedback. Rest assured that we'll keep striving to provide an even better product experience. Play stay tuned to our official website for future updates. Cheers!
2-12 03:37
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-12 03:37
Hello, there. Thank you for sharing your feedback. Rest assured that we'll keep striving to provide an even better product experience. Play stay tuned to our official website for future updates. Cheers!

Happy Lunar New Year!
2-12 04:01
Use props
jhaddon
lvl.1

United States

I just upgraded and now my drone can only fly about 1000ft before I lose signal, I have a Mavic 3 Pro and a Mini 3 pro.  After the firmware update on the rc today, neither will fly further than 1000ft.  If anyone knows how to fix this I would greatly appreciate the help.  Thanks
4-11 19:17
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

jhaddon Posted at 4-11 19:17
I just upgraded and now my drone can only fly about 1000ft before I lose signal, I have a Mavic 3 Pro and a Mini 3 pro.  After the firmware update on the rc today, neither will fly further than 1000ft.  If anyone knows how to fix this I would greatly appreciate the help.  Thanks

Perhaps you need to bind the drones again to the radio
4-15 12:46
Use props
Tango.Alfa.Papa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 64833 ft

Poland

Thanks DJI for the little RC update. Everything is back to normal on my controller
4-17 11:19
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6406329 ft
  • >>>
Russia

DJI Fly App Android:v1.13.1

This version is only for RC??? Why hasn't the version on RC 2 been updated?
4-20 01:13
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

Serg SSA Posted at 4-20 01:13
DJI Fly App Android:v1.13.1

This version is only for RC??? Why hasn't the version on RC 2 been updated?

Look in the "Air Series" portion of this forum...It appears the RC2 has been updated also
4-21 08:24
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

jmb63 Posted at 4-21 08:24
Look in the "Air Series" portion of this forum...It appears the RC2 has been updated also

I checked on my RC 2, there is no update.
4-21 10:45
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

jmb63 Posted at 4-21 08:24

I didn’t find any information about the new RC 2 firmware with Fly version 1.13.1 in the topic about Air
Last update RC2 from 11.04 and for RC 17.04
4-21 10:58
Use props
mgilbe2
lvl.2
United States

Serg SSA Posted at 4-21 10:45
I checked on my RC 2, there is no update.

Where is the update to fly 1.13.1 for the rc2?
yesterday 14:06
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

mgilbe2 Posted at 4-26 14:06
Where is the update to fly 1.13.1 for the rc2?

Why are you asking me? Ask DJI.
yesterday 22:36
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules