12Next >
6797 46 2022-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
krishna.ju38
lvl.3
Flight distance : 283150 ft
Bangladesh

Is there any opportunity to release the SDK of DJI Mavic 3 Classic?
af06e456c234671d3ac890c4c7c7950f@origin.jpg
2022-11-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Never say never but the last they posted on the sdk site it was coming for the normal Mavic 3's
2022-11-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out! We regret to inform you that the DJI Mavic 3 Classic does not support SDK development currently, and we have not received notice that SDK development will be added at this time. We have recorded your request and we will provide this feedback to the related department. Please check DJI's official website for the latest updates. Thank you for your support!
2022-11-2
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

I will eat my shoe if the M3 Classic gets it before the M3 Cine.  : )
2022-11-2
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-2 09:34
Never say never but the last they posted on the sdk site it was coming for the normal Mavic 3's

Where is that posted at DAFlys?  I would love to eyeball that myself just to bring some comfort.
2022-11-2
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Post updates as recently as 6 days ago from William Wong indicate no plans.  https://sdk-forum.dji.net/hc/en- ... ment_12123197524761
2022-11-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TonyPHX Posted at 11-2 17:26
Where is that posted at DAFlys?  I would love to eyeball that myself just to bring some comfort.

This is the page they updated which had previously said it would be supported. they since removed that and added no old products.

https://sdk-forum.dji.net/hc/en- ... er-1-Hello-MSDK-V5-
2022-11-2
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

Thanks for the info!
2022-11-2
Use props
Viridis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2383556 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Latest update
Screenshot_20221103-102426.png
2022-11-3
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-2 23:15
This is the page they updated which had previously said it would be supported. they since removed that and added no old products.

https://sdk-forum.dji.net/hc/en-us/articles/5976502476441-Chapter-1-Hello-MSDK-V5-

They are really doing their best to be obtuse and make customers angry.  : )   Thank you @DAFlys, I remember that one now.  Yep, it went to digital dust.
2022-11-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TonyPHX Posted at 11-3 05:38
They are really doing their best to be obtuse and make customers angry.  : )   Thank you @DAFlys, I remember that one now.  Yep, it went to digital dust.

I love the way they are editing that document and not issuing new ones.    Perhaps we need to start a petition for them to support the SDK.
2022-11-3
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-3 05:57
I love the way they are editing that document and not issuing new ones.    Perhaps we need to start a petition for them to support the SDK.

lol, I thought somebody already did that.  I definitely recall signing one.  hahaha
2022-11-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TonyPHX Posted at 11-3 09:51
lol, I thought somebody already did that.  I definitely recall signing one.  hahaha

Actually I think you're right I seem to recall signing it too.  
2022-11-4
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-4 00:19
Actually I think you're right I seem to recall signing it too.

I also voted for good politics, clean water, and to end world hunger.  I'm not doing so well on my wish list.
2022-11-4
Use props
krishna.ju38
lvl.3
Flight distance : 283150 ft
Bangladesh

DJI Tony Posted at 11-2 10:37
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out! We regret to inform you that the DJI Mavic 3 Classic does not support SDK development currently, and we have not received notice that SDK development will be added at this time. We have recorded your request and we will provide this feedback to the related department. Please check DJI's official website for the latest updates. Thank you for your support!

Thank you so much for the information.
2022-11-6
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

krishna.ju38 Posted at 11-6 08:00

No irony, please...!   
2022-11-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

krishna.ju38 Posted at 11-6 08:00

Hello, krishna.ju38. You are most welcome. Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-6
Use props
jminarickgmail.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1333809 ft
United States

Thank you for the information.. The fact that I occasionally use my Mavic 2 pro for mapping/dronedeploy jobs is the only thing stopping me from buying the Mavic 3.  I would hope this would be considered later on.
2022-11-8
Use props
geordie81
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14409554 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The SDK will most likely become available in the next few months, it took just over a year i think for the Air 2s SDK to be released, I would imagine that ALL mavic 3 consumer models will be supported, as they are all the same drone.
2022-11-16
Use props
TenenteDAN1986
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9514 ft
Italy

You're company has earned billions of dollars by making sdk free allowing the use of DJI drones for a plethora of different applications including low cost mapping with photogrammetry. Now instead of say thank you to such kind of customers you have decided to cut this option to oblige people buying enterprise products that have double their prices. So when you say :Many thanks for your support" bro seems a really good way to play with our money...
2022-11-20
Use props
TenenteDAN1986
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9514 ft
Italy

jminarickgmail.com Posted at 11-8 13:09
Thank you for the information.. The fact that I occasionally use my Mavic 2 pro for mapping/dronedeploy jobs is the only thing stopping me from buying the Mavic 3.  I would hope this would be considered later on.

They are not interested in such kind of customers that have been responsible of the large development of DJI products in the last few years
Know their mission is to squeeze our pockets until last penny so don't hope in sdk for the new Mavic 3 serie and start to save your money for purchasing enterprise products.
2022-11-20
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

And if you check my signature, I was a freak buying DJI products and supporting DJI. Since they lie to the Mavic 3 owners promising waypoints and SDK for the Mavic 3, we bite the hook and purchase the M3. That was my last drone from DJI. I will do not buy anything else until they release the SDKs.
2022-11-20
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

ZeuS-FL Posted at 11-20 19:03
And if you check my signature, I was a freak buying DJI products and supporting DJI. Since they lie to the Mavic 3 owners promising waypoints and SDK for the Mavic 3, we bite the hook and purchase the M3. That was my last drone from DJI. I will do not buy anything else until they release the SDKs.

I think DJI needs to get the priority right and get drones SDK's as they are released.  Dronelink, Litchi, and others are just some of the reasons we need it.

Cmon DJI.  This is time to do it!!!
2022-11-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

TenenteDAN1986 Posted at 11-20 16:28
You're company has earned billions of dollars by making sdk free allowing the use of DJI drones for a plethora of different applications including low cost mapping with photogrammetry. Now instead of say thank you to such kind of customers you have decided to cut this option to oblige people buying enterprise products that have double their prices. So when you say :Many thanks for your support" bro seems a really good way to play with our money...

Hi, TenenteDAN1986. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. We understand that this specific feature has been requested in the past. We ask for your kind understanding as all features requested and forwarded to our engineers are being carefully thought of, and many aspects need to be considered before the suggestions can be added. Please know that we value all of our customer's feedback and we always find it important. So what we do is keep on recording such requests to let our engineers know. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

ZeuS-FL Posted at 11-20 19:03

Hi there, ZeuS-FL. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to read about the poor experience. We are hopeful that this suggestion will be added in the future. Please note that after the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at (www.dji.com). Thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-20
Use props
pedwards
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5445758 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

To DJI, as you can see from the list of my DJI products, I've been a big supporter of yours, however, the lack of an SDK for the Mavic 3 and the seemingly change of direction (from there will be a SDK to no plans) is disappointing. It's now less likely I will purchase any further products.
2022-12-27
Use props
djiuser_nF3lYbzxf3c2
lvl.1

Spain

A note to DJI - Announcing publically that there will be an SDK for such an expensive drone as the Mavic 3 (in my case with the RC Pro controller and multiple accesories), well over 4000 euros spent, and then withdrawing SDK support for no reason other than to force loyal customers to buy the enterprise version, which is EXACTLY the same drone + a mechanical shutter, is NOT ACCEPTABLE.

You have intentionally CRIPPLED a very good drone and alienated a lot of loyal DJI customers with income to blow the cost of a motorbike on a consumer drone.

Autel has a new customer.

DJI Tony - I would appreciate if you could make sure DJI strategic thinking is aware of how much disgust this is causing DJI customers.
2023-1-4
Use props
gulfpre
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2885656 ft
  • >>>
United States

ZeuS-FL Posted at 2022-11-20 19:03

You got waypoints now :-P
2023-1-4
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

gulfpre Posted at 1-4 10:43
You got waypoints now :-P

But not SDK that is the most important part.
2023-1-4
Use props
gulfpre
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2885656 ft
  • >>>
United States

ZeuS-FL Posted at 1-4 14:03
But not SDK that is the most important part.

I get it... trust me. M3C here.
2023-1-5
Use props
Jbo
lvl.1

United States

Bumping
2023-1-10
Use props
webfreak
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9021293 ft
  • >>>
United States

Removed reply
2023-1-12
Use props
djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 884301 ft
  • >>>
United States

Whats going on dji.  
2023-1-12
Use props
dronethemoment
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

So to verify this isn't some "DJI Support doesn't know" they are actually correct in their answer about the lack of plans for the SDK for the Mavic 3 or Mini 3 consumer drones.

If you look at their Mobile SDK Github, specifically the IOS SDK, you can see no activity since October 25th, 2022.

https://github.com/dji-sdk/Mobile-SDK-iOS

No pull requests, no code pending, no activity.
2023-1-13
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Well this video explains some theories why there's no SDK for the Mavic 3 - they want you to buy the DJI RC Controller and DJI RC Pro Controller - having an SDK will most likely require you to use your phone and that would tank the sales of their new built-in screen controllers with really slow and inaccurate android interfaces

Wrong on so many levels, primarily the RC Pro DOES allow third party apps!! ALL of DJI screen remotes ARE Android OS. Most midrange to top-of-the-line phones and tablets are superior to the DJI screens.
2023-1-13
Use props
dronethemoment
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 1-13 12:03
Well this video explains some theories why there's no SDK for the Mavic 3 - they want you to buy the DJI RC Controller and DJI RC Pro Controller - having an SDK will most likely require you to use your phone and that would tank the sales of their new built-in screen controllers with really slow and inaccurate android interfaces

Wrong on so many levels, primarily the RC Pro DOES allow third party apps!! ALL of DJI screen remotes ARE Android OS. Most midrange to top-of-the-line phones and tablets are superior to the DJI screens.

You are correct.  Litchi has a hackaround method using the Amazon Store for you to download the Litchi App -- if your drone supported it.   See: https://flylitchi.com/dji-monitors

The process involves about 8 steps to get going -- I said in the video "Side Loading apps on these remotes is Gangbuster" and feels hacky.

Step 7 of the Litchi instructions:

* You're now ready to use Litchi on your DJI monitor! For the best experience, it is recommended (required for RC Pro) to force stop the DJI Fly/Go app before starting Litchi. To force stop DJI Fly/Go, go to the device Settings - Apps - DJI Fly/Go - Force Stop

So every time you turn this on to use Litchi you're going to have to force stop the DJI Fly / Go app.  But again, if we ever see an SDK from DJI.
2023-1-13
Use props
fans2dba4e36
lvl.2

United States

Until this episode with the Mavic 3 that I purchased in 2021, I have been a big fan of DJI. I've owned several Phantom 4 Pro V2.0s, a Mini 2, an Inspire 2, a Matrice 220. And I've taught classes to new drone pilots in which DJI's product lines have been the sole focus. Until recently, I've encouraged my students to purchase the Mavic 3 with the expectation that the SDK release was imminent. Now I'm encouraging students to look at Autel and Skydio as more reliable manufacturing partners for their drone businesses.

When I purchased the Mavic, there were very clear unequivocal statements from DJI that we would have to wait about a year for the SDK to be released for the Mavic 3. I purchased the Mavic 3 based entirely on that warranty from DJI.

I know of no other manufacturer that promises certain functionality and then completely turns 180 degrees and says, "No sorry that's not happening after all. Please spend more than twice as much as you did and only a year later to get the functionality we promised you. We changed our minds."

An internal corporate "change of plans" does not eliminate the express warranty. The Mavic 3 now knows how to do waypoint programming so programming by DroneDeploy, Litchi, Pix4d, etc. should be equally possible.

PLEASE RELEASE THE SDK FOR THE MAVIC 3 AS WARRANTED IN 2021!
2023-2-19
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans2dba4e36 Posted at 2-19 08:39
Until this episode with the Mavic 3 that I purchased in 2021, I have been a big fan of DJI. I've owned several Phantom 4 Pro V2.0s, a Mini 2, an Inspire 2, a Matrice 220. And I've taught classes to new drone pilots in which DJI's product lines have been the sole focus. Until recently, I've encouraged my students to purchase the Mavic 3 with the expectation that the SDK release was imminent. Now I'm encouraging students to look at Autel and Skydio as more reliable manufacturing partners for their drone businesses.

When I purchased the Mavic, there were very clear unequivocal statements from DJI that we would have to wait about a year for the SDK to be released for the Mavic 3. I purchased the Mavic 3 based entirely on that warranty from DJI.

i would love for the m3 to get it's sdk released.  however, i'm not so sure there is an expressed warranty involved.  the sdk will probably come later than we expected but it is still possible it won't come at all.  for us on teh forum, there are many things we can do to encourage it's release; however, trying to claim there is some sort of warranty involved is not the way to go in my opinion.
2023-2-19
Use props
djiuser_LyOEDwOH5Yu6
New
Flight distance : 13714 ft
United States

Please release MSDK for Mavic 3 Classic. Very important for many.
2023-4-2
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Agreed.  Anyone that wants Litchi, Dronelink, Dronedeploy or others to work cannot be satisfied with just simple waypoints.  This is a urgent need.  Cmon DJI, it's not like you did not know these things are being used.  Why did this have to be the first drone you cripple in this fashion?
2023-4-3
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules