598 4 2022-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Woobisah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1702457 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think I just figured out why we are not seeing 3rd party foam padding for Goggles 2.  I was trying to jerry rig something together using velcro and a leftover VR padding from my Quest 2 and I figured out that your face has to be a certain distance from the sensor to turn on the video feed in the goggles as the video would not come on.  It is not much of a difference either maybe 1/4" to 1/2".  While I still have hope for someone to come up with something, I have a feeling there is going to have to be a way to disable that sensor.
2022-11-2
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

If you fix the fitting problem by adding more space between your face and goggles via more foam, you will create another problem by not being able to acquire good focus with the optics. Try get your eyes away from optics...double vision, smear, out of focus...all hell break lose, at least for me, and  I have a big nose, adding 1/4" will not help either.
2022-11-2
Use props
nosnoop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237953 ft
Canada

Aliexpress now has 3rd party foam pad.   But they all seem to be a clone of the DJI one.
2022-11-2
Use props
Woobisah
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

HDPS Posted at 11-2 19:48
If you fix the fitting problem by adding more space between your face and goggles via more foam, you will create another problem by not being able to acquire good focus with the optics. Try get your eyes away from optics...double vision, smear, out of focus...all hell break lose, at least for me, and  I have a big nose, adding 1/4" will not help either.

We are talking a fraction of an inch will make the screen shut off, so not sure how anyone is going to make something more comfortable for these goggles.
2022-11-4
Use props
Woobisah
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

nosnoop Posted at 11-2 20:02
Aliexpress now has 3rd party foam pad.   But they all seem to be a clone of the DJI one.

I'm betting a lot of people are falling for those and then getting them only to see they are the same exact thing.
2022-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules