Maps need fixing
1265 13 2022-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lieutenant
lvl.4
Australia

Come on DJI, you can do better than this.
How can I be expected to "find my drone" with bad resolution maps in satellite view?
I'd say who else has this problem? but I'd expect everyone has.
Oh and, What's with the "Use other Maps" button ? ... when pressed it says "Mapp app not installed".  What map app is it referring to ?

2022-11-2
Use props
MacGyver007
lvl.1
Colombia

DJI misled its customers by demonstrating a working map scenario that was functional, which must have been great for all the reviewers and fanboys to demonstrate something that does not work in the real world. When the mini 3 first shipped, the maps worked and were not all blurred, unlike now.
How can a company bring a product to market with certain "features" and then down the road make them unusable??
From a legal standpoint, it is nothing more or less than FALSE ADVERTISING
2022-11-4
Use props
Lieutenant
lvl.4
Australia

DJI, are you going to answer this one ?
2022-11-8
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MacGyver007 Posted at 11-4 08:22
DJI misled its customers by demonstrating a working map scenario that was functional, which must have been great for all the reviewers and fanboys to demonstrate something that does not work in the real world. When the mini 3 first shipped, the maps worked and were not all blurred, unlike now.
How can a company bring a product to market with certain "features" and then down the road make them unusable??
From a legal standpoint, it is nothing more or less than FALSE ADVERTISING

Sadly its something thats done all the time, example,

Amazon Prime, for years we could choose a single song from a batch of 2 million songs. As of a couple of weeks ago, you can no longer choose a single song. When you choose a song, it will play the whole album but on shuffle, or a batch of songs from that artist on a shuffle. Same with Playlists, any that you had already created, gone, any song(s) that you had paid for, gone. so yeah, they seem to get away with anything they like.

Do not think that DJI is doing something that isn't allowed. They have the right to remove and add features as they see fit, no one shouts out false advertising when sharpness and noise features are added or when portrait is added to master shots or is it quick shots, one of those or maybe both lol i don't use portrait so not sure, either way, no one called them out for false advertising then. We just have to like it or lump it when they add and remove features I'm afraid, the map is usable as is but yeah, it would be better having clear satellite images when zoomed in, of that i will not begrudge you, just don't call them out on false advertising for a feature thats not as it was.
2022-11-8
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

I wonder if this has anything to do with wifi being turned off after the Mini 3 connects? I have noticed many map apps take a while to arrive at full resolution.  This is true of Google Maps, Earth, Bing Maps, Weather Bug, every app that uses a map does this. Has someone tried turning on the controller, giving it a few minutes before connecting the Mini 3. Or turning wifi back on.
2022-11-8
Use props
Lieutenant
lvl.4
Australia

Mobilehomer Posted at 11-8 19:20
I wonder if this has anything to do with wifi being turned off after the Mini 3 connects? I have noticed many map apps take a while to arrive at full resolution.  This is true of Google Maps, Earth, Bing Maps, Weather Bug, every app that uses a map does this. Has someone tried turning on the controller, giving it a few minutes before connecting the Mini 3. Or turning wifi back on.

Yes. I have tried it without the mini turned on. I have also let it sit turned on near the router for ages but no change to the map.
2022-11-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Lieutenant Posted at 11-9 05:44
Yes. I have tried it without the mini turned on. I have also let it sit turned on near the router for ages but no change to the map.

But do you have a wifi connection between the RC and your router?
2022-11-9
Use props
Lieutenant
lvl.4
Australia

Labroides Posted at 11-9 06:08
But do you have a wifi connection between the RC and your router?

Yes, of course.
2022-11-9
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Yes, I have the same problem. Maybe they will fix it in a future update.  It is a problem in case you want to find Your drone. When I used it for a video to find my drone with DJI fly in a mobile it send me exactly where the drone was. With this one, it is a big problem.
2022-11-10
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

Mobilehomer Posted at 11-8 19:20
I wonder if this has anything to do with wifi being turned off after the Mini 3 connects? I have noticed many map apps take a while to arrive at full resolution.  This is true of Google Maps, Earth, Bing Maps, Weather Bug, every app that uses a map does this. Has someone tried turning on the controller, giving it a few minutes before connecting the Mini 3. Or turning wifi back on.

No this has nothing to do with it
2022-11-10
Use props
JmsWms
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3344603 ft
United States

Looks like we are going to get a map improvement!

https://dronexl.co/2022/11/17/dr ... ps-map-improvement/
2022-11-17
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

JmsWms Posted at 11-17 20:33

Probably on the 26th of November
2022-11-18
Use props
Lieutenant
lvl.4
Australia

JmsWms Posted at 11-17 20:33

Thank you for that information.  It sounds promising.
2022-11-18
Use props
JmsWms
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3344603 ft
United States

Lieutenant Posted at 11-18 12:41
Thank you for that information.  It sounds promising.

You're welcome! I'm very much looking forward to it as well.
2022-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules