3384 17 2022-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

Updated the Mavic 3 Firmware and the DJI RC. Wanted to  try out the Night Mode so I headed to Center City Philly to fly. Several  anomalies and problems I've never encountered..

1.  Around 7 minutes into flight I get this: Remote ID error. Connect to  network to obtain mobile device location. Flying without broadcasting  required remote ID messages may violate local regulations (Code:  1B080001).; Ambient light too low. Vision system and obstacle sensing  unavailable. Fly with caution (Code: 1A420BC1).
Well as you know the DJI RC turns off WIFI once the flight begins so I'm not sure how I connect to network.

2.  Around 21 minutes my screen grays out and I can't see anything. I exit  out of  the window a couple times and come back into DJI fly finally I  get the screen back. At this point the drone says PREPARING FOR TAKE OFF  when Im at 800 feet and starts flying erratically.

3.  Finally gain control of drone and start heading home and I get the  message WIDE ANGLE LENS IN USE.....well don't have a wide angle lens so  not sure what's up with that.  Made it back and landed without further  incident.  

2022-11-2
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

That's not a good sign
2022-11-2
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

That doesn't sound good at the moment...

I'll test today some new features.   
2022-11-2
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

Suren Posted at 11-2 19:55
That's not a good sign

Thanks for the info!
2022-11-2
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ro_walker Posted at 11-2 23:17
Thanks for the info!

Not good, will try mine later today. Glad you got it home Ok.
2022-11-3
Use props
Tony64
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65574 ft
United Kingdom

wont be updating mine, still on previous firmware before last.
2022-11-3
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is exactly why I don't upgrade straight away. DJI's guinea pigs have to take the risk for the rest of us...
2022-11-3
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tony64 Posted at 11-3 03:42
wont be updating mine, still on previous firmware before last.

Probably the best FW to stay on. I upgraded to the previous one a couple of weeks ago as I wanted to be on something tried and tested before this new one dropped. Felt that the FW you're on is better and regretted upgrading.
2022-11-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It sounds like an app problem or your update didn’t go so well. I heard a few say it took a long time to update, mine updated very quickly , I take it it didn’t effect the craft. Strange warnings except the ambient light which is normal at night.
2022-11-3
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Normally in a log the "Data Recorder File Index" message is just once in the log.
Now at start of your flight, index # 372.
But at 21m26.6 again this message, now index # 373.
Message followed by 'Preparing to take off'....
Looks like the app started again....but rest of data is in a normal sequence.

cheers
JJB
2022-11-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, BrianKushner. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. We highly recommend that you do a "Firmware Refresh" on both the aircraft and the RC. Also, please ensure that the DJI Fly app runs on its latest version (v1.8.0). If the issue remains, please share the aircraft and remote controller log with us so we may forward it to our engineers and the flight log you posted here. You may export it using the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series). You may share it through a Google Drive or Dropbox link. Kindly keep us updated. Thank you for your cooperation.
2022-11-3
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

Grimtheviking Posted at 11-3 03:19
Not good, will try mine later today. Glad you got it home Ok.

My pleasure!
2022-11-7
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 356391 ft
United States

I updated this weekend and flew 2 batteries. Tested out cruise control and other features. I had zero issues. Drone flew perfectly. Got some really nice pano's on Sunday evening with a beautiful sky. Also while its already been discussed on the forums I think, I wanted to confirm that the AUX light works as normal for me here in the USA with the RC Pro. I can toggle it on/off/auto fine while in flight.
2022-11-7
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Tornado12 Posted at 11-7 06:43
I updated this weekend and flew 2 batteries. Tested out cruise control and other features. I had zero issues. Drone flew perfectly. Got some really nice pano's on Sunday evening with a beautiful sky. Also while its already been discussed on the forums I think, I wanted to confirm that the AUX light works as normal for me here in the USA with the RC Pro. I can toggle it on/off/auto fine while in flight.

Same here, can't be happier with the way it is now.
2022-11-7
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

All good here after a couple of days flying, haven't tested all the updates but the cruise control and new brake sensitivity settings work really well for me..  Thanks DJI.
Still hoping for waypoints or SDK.
2022-11-7
Use props
fansf2e52ec4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 147956 ft
United States

I had an issue after the update that prohibited me from flying, due to a "Remote ID error." I began a separate thread and DJI responded to the post telling me to enable the GPS on the device. After searching online for how to enable GPS on my Android Tablet, to my surprise I found that location services (and therefore GPS) were not enabled. I had not made any changes to the tablet's settings. However, I installed a required tablet update prior to installing the DJI firmware. Perhaps it was this update that disabled the location services. The Remote ID error led me to think it was an issue with the update itself. I will report back if I have any further issues, but at the moment it looks like the issue has been resolved.
2022-11-16
Use props
fansf343c5c6
lvl.1

United States

I have this same issue with a brand new avata. Haven't been able to take off. It forced a firmware update on v2 goggles, the fpv controller, and avata. Can't take off at all.
2022-12-8
Use props
djiuser_CgYhBqmxP83j
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1078150 ft
United States

"when Im at 800 feet and starts flying erratically."

And you applied for approval at the FAA Drone Zone if you crossed into controlled airspace (depends exactly where in Philly) and a Part 107? You're going to get busted by RemoteID eventually.

2022-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules