1341 3 2022-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pele2020
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2600305 ft
Germany

Hey ,

wen I am flying in rooms or buildings I find that the reaction of the drone is very fast, even in the cine mode.
Is there a way to slow down the reaction of the drone even more?
I tweeked the settings of the drone but still i think that its to fast for spaces that are very narrow.
I don´t know how you can possible use it to examin industry buildings. I would allways crash into something.

any help would be appreciated

thanxs Peter

2022-11-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI just added slow speed modes to the Mavic 3 range so hopefully its just a matter of time before the Mini3 also gets them,   if you've already tweaked the EXP and its till too fast the only there option is custom sticks that slow the motion.    Here's an example.
2022-11-3
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just as a matter of interest I find the EXP setting/value of a straightline / 0.5 to produce the most reliable and predictable variation in drone response for a variation in joystick position at any point in its travel.
If curves are introduced into the EXP it means that the rate of change of drone response varies depending on where the joystick is in its travel.
In extreme examples, where the EXP curve contains near horizontal and vertical sections and, for very little stick movement of the joystick in the relevant sections of its travel, the 'horizontal' section produces little to no change in response of the drone whereas the 'vertical' section produces a huge change in the drone's response, i.e. steep to near vertical sections of the curve are near 'on/off switches' from zero speed to full speed.
All the above said, that is what I find in drones OTHER than the Mini 3, I do not know if the mini 3 is set up differently.

By way of perhaps a better explanation.

Let's assume a drone has a top speed of 25m/s and that its controller gives the elevator joystick ±25° of movement. Going by what I see with my drones, ( bear in mind I do not have a MIni 3 with which to experiment), if the EXP is set to 0.5/straight-line then 1° of elevator movement would change the speed of the drone by 1m/s and that is right across the entire range of elevator movement.

However if the EXP curve contains horizontals and verticals 1° of elevator movement would produce no change in the speed of the drone in some places along the curve, yet, in another place, produce a speed change of 25m/s over a very limited range of movement of the elevator.
2022-11-3
Use props
pele2020
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2600305 ft
Germany

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 2022-11-3 07:27
Just as a matter of interest I find the EXP setting/value of a straightline / 0.5 to produce the most reliable and predictable variation in drone response for a variation in joystick position at any point in its travel.
If curves are introduced into the EXP it means that the rate of change of drone response varies depending on where the joystick is in its travel.
In extreme examples, where the EXP curve contains near horizontal and vertical sections and, for very little stick movement of the joystick in the relevant sections of its travel, the 'horizontal' section produces little to no change in response of the drone whereas the 'vertical' section produces a huge change in the drone's response, i.e. steep to near vertical sections of the curve are near 'on/off switches' from zero speed to full speed.

Hey Thanxs !!!! Very interesting ....
kind regards
Peter
2023-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules