Missing Auxiliary Light & LED on/off with RC Pro !!!!!!
1234Next >
10957 145 2022-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ground2Sky
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10365945 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

I too saw those comments and videos, I just referred to the manual. The rules are actually in place, there just wasn't a single drone yet that had a C classification.
2022-11-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Ground2Sky Posted at 11-4 03:38
I too saw those comments and videos, I just referred to the manual. The rules are actually in place, there just wasn't a single drone yet that had a C classification.

It was the first conclusion we came to on this thread, but how come it works with DJI RC .
2022-11-4
Use props
Ground2Sky
lvl.3
  • >>>
Belgium

hallmark007 Posted at 11-4 03:41
It was the first conclusion we came to on this thread, but how come it works with DJI RC .

I just think it's a bug on the normal RC because the EASA does require to have the LEDs on at all times.
2022-11-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ground2Sky Posted at 11-4 03:50
I just think it's a bug on the normal RC because the EASA does require to have the LEDs on at all times.

You could be right, lets see what DJI have to say about this. It would be a little underhanded of them not to mention this in the notes also there was a FW update in July and nothing changed. But its looking likely the rules could be a factor .
2022-11-4
Use props
fansaf28829f
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16267723 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

hallmark007 Posted at 11-4 04:00
You could be right, lets see what DJI have to say about this. It would be a little underhanded of them not to mention this in the notes also there was a FW update in July and nothing changed. But its looking likely the rules could be a factor .

liegt denn das problem mit den Front Leds und Zusatzscheinwerfer  an der Firmware der RC pro oder an der Firmware der Mavic 3? ich habe 2Stk.  Mavic 3 und würde nur eine davon auf die Firmware 0900 updaten und die andere auf 0800 belassen...
2022-11-4
Use props
Ground2Sky
lvl.3
  • >>>
Belgium

hallmark007 Posted at 11-4 04:00

Agreed, a clear warning beforehand (in the notes for example) would have been nice.
2022-11-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fansaf28829f Posted at 11-4 04:11
liegt denn das problem mit den Front Leds und Zusatzscheinwerfer  an der Firmware der RC pro oder an der Firmware der Mavic 3? ich habe 2Stk.  Mavic 3 und würde nur eine davon auf die Firmware 0900 updaten und die andere auf 0800 belassen...

As far as I know its operated by the app.
2022-11-4
Use props
blocker87
lvl.4

Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 11-4 04:15
As far as I know its operated by the app.
No it is cause by fw version .1100 on the rc pro.. yesterday i downgrade to .1000 and both options were back in the app. So it is actually is a bug/issue in the RC PRO software. The strange thing is when you are not connected to a m3 both options are still visible. Once connected, both options are hiding.

And again, DJI told me they have NOT delete both options in the fw version. I think its a bèta test to look if this works. But yes,dji it works.
2022-11-4
Use props
Ground2Sky
lvl.3
  • >>>
Belgium

blocker87 Posted at 11-4 04:22
No it is cause by fw version .1100 on the rc pro.. yesterday i downgrade to .1000 and both options were back in the app. So it is actually is a bug/issue in the RC PRO software. The strange thing is when you are not connected to a m3 both options are still visible. Once connected, both options are hiding.

And again, DJI told me they have NOT delete both options in the fw version. I think its a bèta test to look if this works. But yes,dji it works.

It's still there too on .1100 when not connected. Once connected though, they indeed disappear.
2022-11-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ground2Sky Posted at 11-4 04:25
It's still there too on .1100 when not connected. Once connected though, they indeed disappear.

thanks for clearing that up.
2022-11-4
Use props
fansaf28829f
Second Officer
  • >>>
Switzerland

blocker87 Posted at 11-4 04:22
No it is cause by fw version .1100 on the rc pro.. yesterday i downgrade to .1000 and both options were back in the app. So it is actually is a bug/issue in the RC PRO software. The strange thing is when you are not connected to a m3 both options are still visible. Once connected, both options are hiding.

wie sieht es denn mit den anderen neuen Funktionen aus wenn ich die firmware der RC pro auf 1000 belasse und nur die Mavic 3 auf  0900 update? die  Fly App ist ja eh schon auf 1.8.0
2022-11-4
Use props
blocker87
lvl.4

Netherlands

fansaf28829f Posted at 11-4 04:31
wie sieht es denn mit den anderen neuen Funktionen aus wenn ich die firmware der RC pro auf 1000 belasse und nur die Mavic 3 auf  0900 update? die  Fly App ist ja eh schon auf 1.8.0

I know the answer, i did it yesterday. You miss cruise control, C1/C2 button for low battery prompt, no night mode and things like that. There are a few items what you are missing then. So i choose to hold .1100 because of new options, but .1000 was much better in that case.
2022-11-4
Use props
blocker87
lvl.4

Netherlands

From the manual

I think DJI bring these lightning update about C1 regulations a bit too soon.
2022-11-4
Use props
fansaf28829f
Second Officer
  • >>>
Switzerland

Danke für die Antwort.. wir haben in der Schweiz diese EU Regeln noch nicht, aber wenn ich dieses Update der neusten  Firmware mache werde ich trotzdem eingeschränkt sein.... :-(        gar nicht gut......
2022-11-4
Use props
fansaf28829f
Second Officer
  • >>>
Switzerland

blocker87 Posted at 11-4 06:03
I know the answer, i did it yesterday. You miss cruise control, C1/C2 button for low battery prompt, no night mode and things like that. There are a few items what you are missing then. So i choose to hold .1100 because of new options, but .1000 was much better in that case.

wie sieht es mit der Höchstgeschwindigkeit aus? die wird ja dann wohl auch um 7kmh gedrosselt....
2022-11-4
Use props
小哥哥玩飞机
lvl.2
Flight distance : 116234 ft
Hong Kong

refer this DJI offical notice,guys.   https://www.dji.com/newsroom/new ... -for-mavic-3-series
2022-11-4
Use props
小哥哥玩飞机
lvl.2
Flight distance : 116234 ft
Hong Kong

2022-11-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hello there, DJI Forum users. Thank you for your inquiries. To clear up any confusion, please be advised that we just have received a new update from our engineers regarding the lost "Auxiliary LED" and "Aircraft Front Arm LEDs" options. Since the latest firmware version added support for the EU C1 certification function, it became compliant with the mandatory changes under European Drone Regulation which includes the following:
1. The Auxiliary LEDs will be turned on or off automatically during use, based on the actual environment.
2. The LEDs at the front arms of the drone will blink by default for the duration of the UAV being powered on.
Please check this link to get more details: {https://www.dji.com/newsroom/new ... -for-mavic-3-series}.  Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Suren Posted at 11-3 11:49
I also did not see it after the update.

Hi, Suren. Thank you for notifying us about this issue. As this is related to the added support for EU C1 Classification, and the registered country based on your Profile is New Zealand, may we confirm if you are currently in Europe? We hope to get a response so we may report it to our related department. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-11-4
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Taiwan

I recently updated and currently based in Tokyo. all works as said.
if I select Auto mode under safety tabs, auxiliary ligths goes off when shot photo (synchronizated with the photo shutter button) and goes off when start recording video as well.
Lights back to normal, after taking photos or stop recording the video.
Btw, having RCPRO Mavic 3 Cine and both are on the latest firmware.
2022-11-4
Use props
fansaf28829f
Second Officer
  • >>>
Switzerland

DJI Tony Gepostet um 11-4 07:26
Hallo, DJI-Forumbenutzer. Vielen Dank für Ihre Anfragen. Um jegliche Verwirrung zu beseitigen, sei darauf hingewiesen, dass wir gerade ein neues Update von unseren Ingenieuren bezüglich der verlorenen Optionen „Hilfs-LED“ und „Flugzeug-Frontarm-LEDs“ erhalten haben. Da die neueste Firmware-Version Unterstützung für die EU-C1-Zertifizierungsfunktion hinzugefügt hat, wurde sie mit den obligatorischen Änderungen gemäß der europäischen Drohnenverordnung konform, die Folgendes umfasst:
1. Die Hilfs-LEDs werden während des Gebrauchs automatisch ein- oder ausgeschaltet, basierend auf der tatsächlichen Umgebung .
2. Die LEDs an den vorderen Armen der Drohne blinken standardmäßig, solange das UAV eingeschaltet ist.

wie sieht es denn für die Schweiz aus, da wir ja nicht den EU-Drohnenregeln unterstehen?
2022-11-4
Use props
ZmootheOperator
lvl.4
Flight distance : 187516 ft
Norway

DJI Tony Posted at 11-4 07:26
Hello there, DJI Forum users. Thank you for your inquiries. To clear up any confusion, please be advised that we just have received a new update from our engineers regarding the lost "Auxiliary LED" and "Aircraft Front Arm LEDs" options. Since the latest firmware version added support for the EU C1 certification function, it became compliant with the mandatory changes under European Drone Regulation which includes the following:
1. The Auxiliary LEDs will be turned on or off automatically during use, based on the actual environment.
2. The LEDs at the front arms of the drone will blink by default for the duration of the UAV being powered on.

Does this mean that there will be no option for a firmware without the C1 classification? For those that don't need to fly close to people, and don't want blinking front lights and aux light turning on without operator control?
2022-11-4
Use props
blocker87
lvl.4

Netherlands

Double post sorry
2022-11-4
Use props
blocker87
lvl.4

Netherlands

DJI Tony Posted at 11-4 07:35
Hi, Suren. Thank you for notifying us about this issue. As this is related to the added support for EU C1 Classification, and the registered country based on your Profile is New Zealand, may we confirm if you are currently in Europe? We hope to get a response so we may report it to our related department. Thank you for your valued support.
If this is the working method for DJI - just delete options far before the period of C1 mark will start, i will sell all my DJI products. This is of course nonsense. It took longer time before the C1 rules will begin. so it's far to early to bring this in update right now. So fix this. Even me dont need C1 on my drone.
2022-11-4
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

blocker87 Posted at 11-4 00:52
Totally agreed with it. I hope DJI can send me a beta firmware with a unhiding version of both options in the version .1100. Pray for it, because now we go into the winter it is really fast dark outside.
How about some (darker) tape if you put that over the front LEDs...?

This is definitely a beta solution...
2022-11-4
Use props
djiuser_Dgg4JoXOt55h
lvl.4
Flight distance : 165997 ft
  • >>>
Germany

blocker87 Posted at 11-4 07:57
If this is the working method for DJI - just delete options far before the period of C1 mark will start, i will sell all my DJI products. This is of course nonsense. It took longer time before the C1 rules will begin. so it's far to early to bring this in update right now. So fix this. Even me dont need C1 on my drone.

All the classification rules are in effect from 2021. Using an unclassified drone in the EU in any meaningful way is solely based on exemptions granted by local governments.

Here in Germany most exemptions are only for commercial flights, so every private drone pilot is definitely better off with a C1 certified Mavic 3.

And if you don't want it, just don't upgrade the firmware. The extra features in the newest firmware are not features that were promised to be available for the Mavic 3, so it's not that we have a right to get those.
2022-11-4
Use props
blocker87
lvl.4

Netherlands

frankymusik Posted at 11-4 08:21
How about some (darker) tape if you put that over the front LEDs...?

Nope, no tape for me. Tries it earlier and that crashed my drone because wind took/fog the tape of and it passed my prop, so one prop gave error.
And Now it become winter in europe and the air is wet/foggy mostly, so (for me) it is danger to do that.
And now because of winter there is less sight mostly and earlier dark outside, so i need aux light inflight to see my drone better.

Anyway i need version .1100 with both options inside the app. So DJI, Fix it.
2022-11-4
Use props
blocker87
lvl.4

Netherlands

DJI Tony Posted at 11-4 07:35
Tony can you tell us if they will fix this missing features urgent? Or will the RC Pro stay like it is now? We dont have a choice for C1 or non C1? DJI could'nt do this, because we bought and paid for an non C1 drone..
2022-11-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

blocker87 Posted at 11-4 08:46
Nope, no tape for me. Tries it earlier and that crashed my drone because wind took/fog the tape of and it passed my prop, so one prop gave error.
And Now it become winter in europe and the air is wet/foggy mostly, so (for me) it is danger to do that.
And now because of winter there is less sight mostly and earlier dark outside, so i need aux light inflight to see my drone better.

I think having a switch on off and auto should work as per EASA rules, so you can turn on at twilight indoors you can also turn off indoors and at twilight but when its dark it stays on.

The whole rule is ridiculous.
2022-11-4
Use props
blocker87
lvl.4

Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 11-4 09:12
I think having a switch on off and auto should work as per EASA rules, so you can turn on at twilight indoors you can also turn off indoors and at twilight but when its dark it stays on.

At least: the aux light could be turned on during by hand during the flight, that would be no issue at all. It is so handy that this was one of the possibilities - i got so much moments that i was unsure if the drone exactly above me or not, especially with a little bit fog. And there is no rule for a exact lux brightness for the front leds. They definitely could reduce the brightness a bit when filming. Sorry to say, but with this firmware the mavic 3 is almost useless in dark situations, you see red green flickering around the corners.
2022-11-4
Use props
Viridis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2383556 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 11-4 09:12

It is beyond me why there is not an option for:
AUXILIARY LED-
AUTO
MANUAL + AUTO

as long as the led has the automated switch on  during periods where needed to adhere to EASA rules, there is no reason why operators cannot have control of a lamp that could actually assist safer control.
Absolutely mindless
2022-11-4
Use props
djiuser_Dgg4JoXOt55h
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

For night flights you're obligated to use an extra light anyways (green blinking light) per EASA rules. I'd say if you are having a problem seeing the standard lights of the drone then you're either not allowed to fly at all (VLOS) or you "call it a night" and put the extra light onto the drone.
2022-11-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_Dgg4JoXOt55h Posted at 11-4 09:32
For night flights you're obligated to use an extra light anyways (green blinking light) per EASA rules. I'd say if you are having a problem seeing the standard lights of the drone then you're either not allowed to fly at all (VLOS) or you "call it a night" and put the extra light onto the drone.

You can fly at anytime once you have VLOS, if you don’t you are breaking the rules.
2022-11-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Viridis Posted at 11-4 09:25
AUXILIARY LED-
AUTO

The whole thing seems to be badly thought out.
2022-11-4
Use props
djiuser_Dgg4JoXOt55h
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Viridis Posted at 11-4 09:25
AUXILIARY LED-
AUTO

You need to put the C1 label onto your drone for the certification. At least that is what was communicated so far from DJI.

So will you have your drone in the air with the sticker on in C1 mode, then land it, flip the switch, TAKE OFF THE STICKER and then put the drone up in the air again?

The drone is either certified or it is not. And if it is then it has to adhere to all the rules, whether we like those or not. DJI can't do anything about it, as such the discussion here is pretty useless.
2022-11-4
Use props
blocker87
lvl.4

Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 11-4 09:36
The whole thing seems to be badly thought out.
I honestly think the firmware was released way too soon. Time must have been running out because the Classic became known and had to be released. There are many more options to make it conform to the mark. They could have "just" left the AUTO and ON option in the app with AUX. There were also other options for the front LEDs, for example less bright than now, because there is no fixed indication of how much LUX the lights should be. At least give some leeway for the users who have all paid a bucket of money for the drone, that is not there now and that is really fcked up.
and at the end of the ride that whole C1 thing is not necessary at all AT THIS MOMENT
2022-11-4
Use props
Sergejs Mikusa
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3902126 ft
  • >>>
Finland

A good solution to this problem is on the M3 Enterprise - which has a flashing diode on top and behind the body that will fully fulfill the EASA conditions, the main thing is that it is on the fuselage, but the bright light from below and the bright lights on the sides make it difficult to shoot in the evening. And the one that is on top, it can burn at any time of the day. Maybe on all future models you need to immediately put these lights on, as the Enterprise
2022-11-4
Use props
ZmootheOperator
lvl.4
Flight distance : 187516 ft
Norway

djiuser_Dgg4JoXOt55h Posted at 11-4 09:43
You need to put the C1 label onto your drone for the certification. At least that is what was communicated so far from DJI.

So will you have your drone in the air with the sticker on in C1 mode, then land it, flip the switch, TAKE OFF THE STICKER and then put the drone up in the air again?

The drone is either certified or it is not. And if it is then it has to adhere to all the rules, whether we like those or not. DJI can't do anything about it, as such the discussion here is pretty useless.

They could release firmware with, and without C1 classification. Those who need C1 classification installs the C1 version and gives proof to DJI. When installed, there's no way back. Ever.

But it should be a choice. At least, I would think DJI should make it VERY clear that those important features will be lost in the drone forever.

The M3 can still be used in A2, and come 2024, A3. There are plenty that don't need to fly in C1.
2022-11-4
Use props
blocker87
lvl.4

Netherlands

ZmootheOperator Posted at 11-4 12:47
They could release firmware with, and without C1 classification. Those who need C1 classification installs the C1 version and gives proof to DJI. When installed, there's no way back. Ever.

But it should be a choice. At least, I would think DJI should make it VERY clear that those important features will be lost in the drone forever.
At least, let everything be as it was the till end of 2023. And yes, agreed, people must have a choice. These kind of drones were expensive they could not choose for you
2022-11-4
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

To quote Lando Calrissian, "This deal is getting worse all the time!"
2022-11-4
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced