Missing Auxiliary Light & LED on/off with RC Pro !!!!!!
11022 145 2022-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mattft86
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73081 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I’ve not updated to the new fm. Is the white light on underneath all the time.
2022-11-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Mattft86 Posted at 11-12 11:32
I’ve not updated to the new fm. Is the white light on underneath all the time.

No it only comes on when you are flying in very low light or darkness so it’s basically set to auto,
2022-11-12
Use props
Mattft86
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73081 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 11-12 11:34
No it only comes on when you are flying in very low light or darkness so it’s basically set to auto,

Ah right thank you.
2022-11-12
Use props
djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 884301 ft
  • >>>
United States

KokoFresha Posted at 11-6 02:11
Regarding the front LEDs, I can understand the logic. However, I don't understand how being able to turn on the LEDs from below affects safety.
The ability to turn on the LEDs below whenever creatively necessary allows such shots to be made. In this case, the drone played the role not of a camera, but of lighting:[view_image]

its the ability to turn them off that effects safety.  to avoid being blinded an land safely, they may need to be disabled.  its sorta the other way around.  eu thinks people wanna shut off all the lights to hide the drone.  all the rule does is pork normal drone operators.  
2022-11-13
Use props
Sergejs Mikusa
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3902126 ft
  • >>>
Finland

It's completely stupid, people can tape all lght with tape and won't be visible drone on the airspace.

I spoke to a guy who was testing the new firmware on an M3 in Chicago and he said that the bottom led only turns on and off when taking off and landing in AUTO mode.
This means it does not shine constantly when you are in flight.

Does it work the same in EU territory?
It's completely stupid, people can tape all lght with tape and won't be visible drone on the airspace.

I spoke to a guy who was testing the new firmware on an M3 in Chicago and he said that the bottom led only turns on and off when taking off and landing in AUTO mode.
This means it does not shine constantly when you are in flight.

Does it work the same in EU territory?
2022-11-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Sergejs Mikusa Posted at 11-15 02:51
It's completely stupid, people can tape all lght with tape and won't be visible drone on the airspace.

I spoke to a guy who was testing the new firmware on an M3 in Chicago and he said that the bottom led only turns on and off when taking off and landing in AUTO mode.

It was fine the way it was and let the owner be responsible for flying within the rules.
2022-11-15
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

I checked mine last night when testing other things and my front lights do go off but only when the video is working but not when doing photo shotting.
2022-11-17
Use props
stadler00
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1795833 ft

Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 11-3 16:03
Hi, hallmark007. Thank you for notifying us about this matter. Our engineers have confirmed that the newly released firmware did not remove this feature. We highly suggest that you do a "Firmware Refresh" on the RC Pro. If the same issue persists, please share with us the remote controller log for our related team to investigate on. We will be waiting for your feedback. Thank you for your cooperation.

Hello Tony, I have got the same issue now on DJI RC
2022-11-19
Use props
stadler00
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1795833 ft

Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 11-3 16:03
Hi, hallmark007. Thank you for notifying us about this matter. Our engineers have confirmed that the newly released firmware did not remove this feature. We highly suggest that you do a "Firmware Refresh" on the RC Pro. If the same issue persists, please share with us the remote controller log for our related team to investigate on. We will be waiting for your feedback. Thank you for your cooperation.

Hello Tony, I have got the same issue now on DJI RC. Already checked for updated.
2022-11-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

stadler00 Posted at 11-19 17:30
Hello Tony, I have got the same issue now on DJI RC. Already checked for updated.

Hi there, stadler00. Thank you for reaching out, and we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. Since the latest firmware version added support for the EU C1 certification function, it became compliant with the mandatory changes under European Drone Regulation which includes the following:
1. The Auxiliary LEDs will be turned on or off automatically during use, based on the actual environment.
2. The LEDs at the front arms of the drone will blink by default for the duration of the UAV being powered on.
Please check this link to get more details: {https://www.dji.com/newsroom/news/dji-granted-worlds-first-c1-certificate-for-mavic-3-series}.
Hence, the "Auxiliary LED" and "Aircraft Front Arm LEDs" options have been removed from the app. Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Your understanding is highly appreciated and thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-19
Use props
KokoFresha
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3843146 ft
Bulgaria

Unfortunately, the LED changes were not announced when the new firmware was released. It is now clear that this is not a mistake, but a desired behavior on the part of DJI. So it will stay that way and there is no going back.
The good news is that this doesn't affect FCC lovers... just a joker from me
2022-11-20
Use props
Sergejs Mikusa
lvl.3
  • >>>
Finland

There are details, in the drone firmware there are no problems with affecting the operation of the drone lights, this option disappears after switching to the Dji Fly firmware. 1.8.0
2022-11-22
Use props
djiuser_3DmPvC5ycufC
New

United States

It has effected my smart controller for my m2 duel. however it is erratic when it happens. sometimes the aux light icon is there sometimes not. also sometimes it says the light is overheated even though it was never on. hard to do night searches reliably when you cant see.
2022-11-29
Use props
Sergejs Mikusa
lvl.3
  • >>>
Finland

I installed firmware 900 on my M3, because before that I flashed the remote control to version 1.8.0 and the light control buttons were already completely gone, they simply aren’t there, so I updated the drone as well. I'll do some tests tonight. I also communicated with technical support where they answered me - the sticker will be later by the end of the year.
2022-12-1
Use props
Sergejs Mikusa
lvl.3
  • >>>
Finland

Mobilehomer Posted at 11-7 15:27
It should be because there is no "OFF" option.

These buttons for controlling LEDs just disappeared from my RC remote control
2022-12-1
Use props
Sergejs Mikusa
lvl.3
  • >>>
Finland

Hi all ! I think I guessed why the lights control function was removed on the territory of the EU, this is the right and justified measure, important for security in Europe at this moment. As you know, Mavics are actively used in militaristic actions, hanging life-threatening loads on them, and the system for dropping such loads works by turning on the from below light. DJI has banned the sale of these drones to countries participating in hostilities, but they get there illegally and are still used, so by removing this feature, the company can not only save its reputation but also prevent the use of cargo transfer mechanisms on Mavics in Europe area what is right and I support it.  Once again I want to say that these are my personal guesses and I cannot be sure of this, but it seemed to me so. In any case, I am very grateful to DJI for the excellent equipment for shooting, not only quadcopters but also steadiсams
2022-12-10
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

... such expressions of opinion are actually useless!   
2022-12-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

frankymusik Posted at 12-10 08:33
... such expressions of opinion are actually useless!

They are now anyways…
2022-12-10
Use props
Averal
New

Poland

Hello everyone,

I had solution for you, please downgrade DJI FLY under1.8.0  to 1.7.5 version.

Type on YT "How to enable Auxiliary LED lights on Mavic 3 Pro with latest drone firmware (v01.00.0900)" user "Mavic 3 Drone Videos".

Under description you had URL to download APK with 1.7.5v DJI FLY.

Have fun.
2022-12-26
Use props
alcatgiannis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1121801 ft
Greece

yes, everything is fine, but in RC PRO, HOW IS IT DONE?
2023-1-3
Use props
Reactor2015
lvl.1

Romania

alcatgiannis Posted at 1-3 09:54
yes, everything is fine, but in RC PRO, HOW IS IT DONE?

Simply said, you can't for RC or RC Pro. I am in the same situation.
It is beyond understanding why DJI did that. I am a photographer and I am using the drone for light painting night photography.
Why all of us must be crimininals who want to drop bombs with DJI drones? The criminals will find a way to skip the DJI limitations, only the registered and licensed drone operators like us will have to pay the price for this limitations.
Dear DJI, please reconsider what you did and let the user to assume the responsability.
2023-2-14
Use props
DemolitionMan14
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1963583 ft
  • >>>
United States

Temp fix for the flashing front lights would be som electrical tape over them.
2023-2-21
Use props
dannydoidoi
lvl.2

Romania

Averal Posted at 2022-12-26 14:23
Hello everyone,

I had solution for you, please downgrade DJI FLY under1.8.0  to 1.7.5 version.

thank you very much !
2023-2-21
Use props
djiuser_aBhrEaOUYlxi
New
Estonia

This is funny how EU and DJI trying to make flying "less dangerous" but at the same time forcing us to tape out those blinking lights...
2023-3-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_aBhrEaOUYlxi Posted at 3-20 12:49
This is funny how EU and DJI trying to make flying "less dangerous" but at the same time forcing us to tape out those blinking lights...

Hi there, for EU region, to meet laws and regulations, there is no "Auxiliary LED" and "Aircraft Front Arm LEDs" option in DJI Fly App. The auxiliary bottom light is set to "Auto" by default, which cannot be set by users. Thanks for your understanding.
2023-3-20
Use props
Fionn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 82628 ft
Switzerland

While I appreciate the efforts of DJI to make the M3 C1 compliant (that is excellent), this is ridiculous at the same time.
- During night flight the aux led is essential sometimes to have it on all the time (especially since the avoidance system is pretty much useless in the dark)
- Thanks for ruining night shots with a blinking light - I guess this is not a selling point any more, so you may remove it from the marketing page
- Bad actors will find an easy way anyhow
- Honest pilots have only bad sideeffects

DJI:
Can you please show us (EU citizens) what you did undertake to have this limitation removed from the certification requirement?
Where did you express your concerns against this specific EU regulation?

Thx
2023-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules