DJI Action 2 and (salt) water
3223 6 2022-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zarkost
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66739 ft
Serbia

Did you use your A2 in the water, or even salt water without housing? What's your impressions? Does you have some type of problem, especialy with pins, in terms of coroding or any other kind of issues with camera?

I have Gopro 8 Hero, and I've used it in the sea and in the lake, and I've noticed that salt water is way more agressive, because one of finger mount was very stif when I try to open and close, so I must to disasemble, clean with alcohol, and then put it back. Now working ok, but I thing that there is some issuses left form salt water...
2022-11-3
Use props
fish sticks
lvl.4
New Zealand

I do use it in salt water almost weekly since I got it last year. A couple of times without dive housing, and since I got one, with (you need it to shoot below 10m, otherwise the water pressure presses the record button). The camera is sealed better than a gopro, or the other osmo actions that have replaceable lens covers.
2022-11-3
Use props
Zarkost
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66739 ft
Serbia

Thanks mate. How do you maintain after use, just rins with fresh water, or you have some other way of cleaning? Do you have some underwater recordings posted online?
2022-11-3
Use props
fish sticks
lvl.4
New Zealand

I treat it like my dive watch:  just spray some fresh water over the camera or the housing before taking the camera out.
2022-11-3
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Thanks for your interest. You may get more information through the User Manual(P.18-19): https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _Manual_V1.6_EN.pdf
2022-11-4
Use props
NEICOGX
lvl.3
  • >>>
New Zealand

Appreciate the alert. Have an extensive under water project coming up. Will finish testing some home made gear and then into it but the maintenance hadnt been addressed - it is now.
2022-12-15
Use props
NEICOGX
lvl.3
  • >>>
New Zealand

Zarkost Posted at 11-3 12:18
Thanks mate. How do you maintain after use, just rins with fresh water, or you have some other way of cleaning? Do you have some underwater recordings posted online?

Just a still from my Action 2 using a new dolly rig. Not posting any takes cos massive file sizes.
2022-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules