DJI RC remote dead, Black screen no power
23869 119 2022-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fansbdda97d5 Posted at 5-25 23:44
I have the same problem my remote just stopped working after firmware update and now I’m stuck in the Philippines with no drone. Very frustrating as I can’t send it to be repaired as dhl won’t carry battery. The quality is not good for this to happen. I had three lights then nothing and I have tried several charger leads that do charge batteries for the drone.

Hello, fansbdda97d5. We're sorry to read about this. Please try the troubleshooting steps provided on this post.
2023-5-26
Use props
djiuser_VdLN21FYN5Xj
New

France

It seems that it is the same issue. I bought my mini 3 pro 2 weeks ago especially for a trip sailing in Norway. I did fly with no troubles for the past 2 weeks. Tonight, the RC is completely dead... I am leaving tomorrow :-( Any suggestions from DJI ? I really regret my 1400€ investment..
2023-6-13
Use props
Ridzuan
New

Malaysia

Hai my RC controller cannot turn on event though already charge.I already try the step by in the comment previously but still same.
2023-6-17
Use props
Ridzuan
New

Malaysia

Hai
My RC controller cannot turn on even though I already charge.I already do the step in the comment previously bit still same.Can you help
2023-6-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Ridzuan Posted at 6-17 07:16
Hai
My RC controller cannot turn on even though I already charge.I already do the step in the comment previously bit still same.Can you help

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please send us a short video showing your controller when pressing the power button? In addition, please try to leave the DJI RC on the charger for approximately 2-3 hours and check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-6-25
Use props
artDragoon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3615768 ft
  • >>>
United States

I guess I can be added to the list now of controllers that are dead...

Brand new Mavic 3 Pro purchase here. Less than a month old and now the RC will do nothing just as others have described above. Trying out all "solutions" offered by DJI staff here produced no fix. Its just a brick. So I had to file a repair request. I'm glad my Mavic air 2 remote could be used as a backup or I would be screwed business wise. Never had a controller malfunction on me and its worse that this is STILL an issue with this remote DJI. Get your act together.
2023-6-28
Use props
djiuser_YpxfiXAP9hkY
New

United Kingdom

Same here, was used for less then 3 hours and totally messing up my holiday experience. Have been using DJI for a while and seeing how many people have this issues is coming as a shock. Just issue a recall at this point and save a lot of headache for a lot of customers before getting branded as unreliable.
2023-7-4
Use props
artDragoon
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_YpxfiXAP9hkY Posted at 7-4 07:41
Same here, was used for less then 3 hours and totally messing up my holiday experience. Have been using DJI for a while and seeing how many people have this issues is coming as a shock. Just issue a recall at this point and save a lot of headache for a lot of customers before getting branded as unreliable.

they wont do that. They would rather force people to ditch the controller and upgrade to their more reliable 1300 dollar controller instead.
2023-7-5
Use props
artDragoon
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

here is the repair response. They are repairing the RC and sending it back. Can anyone else confirm that this is how theirs was fixed?

DJI stated: Remote Controller Core Board Module(Deliver the large module) was malfunctioned,which caused failure to power on,no physical damage;

I'm wondering if its due to an overheating issue on the main board thats causing the issues.
2023-7-6
Use props
fansfda75f3b
New
United States

Well I will add to this thread. I had my mini 3 pro for about 5 months now I did the latest update and went out to fly after. When I tried to turn on the controller it was very responsive. So I kept playing with it and it turned on. While flying the drone I noticed the controller was lagging to control the drone. So I turn it off but everything to charge then the next day the controller won't turn on or charge. I tried everything I could find online and I'm disappointed for thr money spent and the product just randomly dies.
2023-7-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fansfda75f3b Posted at 7-12 09:42
Well I will add to this thread. I had my mini 3 pro for about 5 months now I did the latest update and went out to fly after. When I tried to turn on the controller it was very responsive. So I kept playing with it and it turned on. While flying the drone I noticed the controller was lagging to control the drone. So I turn it off but everything to charge then the next day the controller won't turn on or charge. I tried everything I could find online and I'm disappointed for thr money spent and the product just randomly dies.

Hi there, I'm sorry for the trouble. Does it light up when you try to charge it? Or tried replacing the cable or using a different power outlet? I'll wait for your reply. Thank you.
2023-7-14
Use props
djiuser_7KwuUF6nQBCy
New
Flight distance : 49547 ft
Tanzania

DJI Natalia Posted at 2022-11-4 02:48
Thank you for the reply.
You can try to press and hold the power button for about 15s to power on DJI RC.
1.        If you fail on this step (can not power on your controller), please send us your product.

I have the same issue, I've also tried to press for 15s but not to avail,  
2023-7-15
Use props
djiuser_7KwuUF6nQBCy
New
Flight distance : 49547 ft
Tanzania

djiuser_7KwuUF6nQBCy Posted at 7-15 00:10
This is my product
16894088428644604052974335304172.jpg
2023-7-15
Use props
djiuser_2Ny9h4cRKwuw
New

Azerbaijan

I have the same problem with my magic 3 Classic remote. Went to a field trip. Flew a handful of times and one morning it refused to start after being fully charged. Tried different power supply with no luck. Tried holding on button for 15 sec with no luck. Remote serial number is attached. Opened a service ticket but trip is fully ruined of course.
20230715_090308.jpg
2023-7-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_7KwuUF6nQBCy Posted at 7-15 00:10

Hi there, Sorry for the late response. Was this already resolved? If not, please try the steps below
1. Confirm whether the DJI RC has sufficient power. It is recommended to try again after charging it fully. If it cannot be charged normally, it is recommended to replace the charger and charging cable and try again. If the problem persists, please send the RC back for testing (Note: If short press the power button and the indicator light does not light up, and even connected with a charger still does not light up and cannot be charged normally, please send it back for testing)
2. The phenomenon of not powering on may be that the DJI RC has been powered on normally but the screen is black. You can  press and hold the power button for 15 seconds to force power off the DJI RC, and then restart and try (Note: The USB cable must be disconnected before pressing and holding the power button for 15s to power off the DJI RC.);
3. Connect to the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) for firmware upgrade & refresh.

If none of the above solutions can be solved, please send back the DJI RC for testing. Please refer to the following link for our live support or for submitting a repair request: https://www.dji.com/global/support. Have a great day ahead.
2023-7-21
Use props
djiuser_dpmBcFMnZkSD
New

Dominica

@Dji Tony

.....my smart controller is coming in...battery lights are on...it shows the dji logo then screen goes black i cant see anything

am from the caribbean so i cant even go to a store or company to check it out please help
2023-7-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_dpmBcFMnZkSD Posted at 7-26 11:19
@Dji Tony

.....my smart controller is coming in...battery lights are on...it shows the dji logo then screen goes black i cant see anything

Hello there. I see the inconvenience. Have you already tried doing the steps above your reply? specifically the 2nd and 3rd steps. I'll wait for your reply. Have a wonderful day.
2023-7-26
Use props
djiuser_uoR1mkHUpkCe
New
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 7-26 21:28
Hello there. I see the inconvenience. Have you already tried doing the steps above your reply? specifically the 2nd and 3rd steps. I'll wait for your reply. Have a wonderful day.
Hi, is anyone aware of DJI RC Controller dji rc no entering pairing mode. I brought the DJI RC Controller brand new an right out of box it was giving me problems entering pairing mode. No matter what drone I picked the RC Controller wouldnt go into pairing mode. I used the Assistant 2 software to refresh current software and factory reset Controller and the controller still would not initiate pairing mode, only give me the message ensure that the drone is powered on and in pairing mode
I have two DJI Drones and DJI RC Controllers, the other one does not give me this problem, it initiate pairing mode even if the drone is off. Does anyone know of a solution?
2023-8-6
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Can those of you who have bricked your DJI RC after an Assistant 2 update please check and report the version of Assistant 2 that you used?

Assistant 2 does not indicate that a newer version has been released and using an old version has unpredictable results.

The version that should be used is Assistant 2 Version V2.1.19

2023-8-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_uoR1mkHUpkCe Posted at 8-6 06:21
Hi, is anyone aware of DJI RC Controller dji rc no entering pairing mode. I brought the DJI RC Controller brand new an right out of box it was giving me problems entering pairing mode. No matter what drone I picked the RC Controller wouldnt go into pairing mode. I used the Assistant 2 software to refresh current software and factory reset Controller and the controller still would not initiate pairing mode, only give me the message ensure that the drone is powered on and in pairing mode
I have two DJI Drones and DJI RC Controllers, the other one does not give me this problem, it initiate pairing mode even if the drone is off. Does anyone know of a solution?

Hi there. Sorry for the experience. Will it be fine if you show us the video of the operation for further checking? You can save your video to YouTube or Google Drive and then post the link here. Thank you for your patience.
2023-8-7
Use props
djiuser_GeW0Li2OWmjv
New

United States

Absolutely garbage piece of equipment. Bought brand new mini 3 pro with Rc-n1 controller. Flew it 1 time and the controller disconnected and shut off and won't turn back on. THE FIRST DAY!!!!! Now they want me to send it to California to have it fixed!!!!! WHAT DO YOU MEAN??? YOUR NOT SERIOUS ARE YOU?? $1100 Total and now I gotta send it in to have it repaired? I will never ever buy another DJI product again.
2023-9-2
Use props
djiuser_Lo201jAObFd2
lvl.1

United Kingdom

What a surprise. Went to fly my mavic 2 Pro, and the remote doesn't turn on. Was working fine when I used it last week. Seems to be a huge amount of problems at the minute.
2023-9-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_Lo201jAObFd2 Posted at 9-9 10:38
What a surprise. Went to fly my mavic 2 Pro, and the remote doesn't turn on. Was working fine when I used it last week. Seems to be a huge amount of problems at the minute.

Hello there. Sorry about the experience. Does it light up if you try to charge the remote controller? Have a great day ahead.
2023-9-10
Use props
Bigger BrainZ
New

Portugal

Iam having the same issue with my remote and I jus bought it yesterday ,after night charging not turning on and not showing lights or any other sign of life,fancy remote if they got it to last and work ....
2023-10-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Bigger BrainZ Posted at 10-14 22:54
Iam having the same issue with my remote and I jus bought it yesterday ,after night charging not turning on and not showing lights or any other sign of life,fancy remote if they got it to last and work ....

Hi, Bigger BrainZ. Sorry about the inconvenience. Have you already tried using a different charger or plugged it into a different outlet?
2023-10-15
Use props
djiuser_4TLkdQSeEXB4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 222215 ft
United States

I just received my new Mini 4 with the RC-1 controller. I haven't even activated the drone yet. I powered the RC on and connected to WiFi. After update I turned it off with a full charge. A few hours it will not power on and the led charging lights don't light up when I attach a charging cable. I've tried multiple chargers and cables, tried to long press (15 seconds). Still the remote controller is dead. I haven't even activated the done. This piece of crap is going right back to Amazon! I'm buying a Exo Ranger pro!
2023-11-30
Use props
djiuser_4TLkdQSeEXB4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 222215 ft
United States

I've had my drone for a few hours. It's brand new and I haven't even activated the drone yet. The RC-1 turned on once. I connected it to wifi and it updated. I used a dji power adapter and dji charging cable. I tried a different charger and cable that I verified were the correct wattage and voltage but still dead. The freaking update killed the remote controller! I am so damn angry! Fortunately I can send it back to Amazon.
2023-11-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_4TLkdQSeEXB4 Posted at 11-30 05:47
I've had my drone for a few hours. It's brand new and I haven't even activated the drone yet. The RC-1 turned on once. I connected it to wifi and it updated. I used a dji power adapter and dji charging cable. I tried a different charger and cable that I verified were the correct wattage and voltage but still dead. The freaking update killed the remote controller! I am so damn angry! Fortunately I can send it back to Amazon.

Hello, there. We're sorry to hear about the unpleasant experience you encountered. Would it be possible if you could share a short video showing the problem? However, if you've made a replacement process with Amazon, may you have a smooth and faster transactions. Please feel free to keep us posted anytime.
2023-12-1
Use props
djiuser_xkttSWgv7D6B
lvl.1
Flight distance : 523816 ft
United States

Wish I saw this earlier I could have saved you time, there's nothing you can do except send it in for repair
. DJI will waste your time troubleshooting something that has no power at all. ridiculous just send it in. I have to do the same thing.
2023-12-3
Use props
djiuser_v71Oz83b8IpV
New

United States

I have flown a mini 3 pro I purchased 15 times and today while flying, the RC-N1 powered off on its own. It powered on again once right after this as I panicked trying to get my drone back, but as soon as I finished pressing return to home the remote turned off again and now will not turn back on at all. No signs of life from the remote. I tried 4 different charging bricks and 2 different cables that have always worked in the past and the charging lights will not come on. I tried all the variations of pressing the power button with no response from the remote. Guess I have to send it back? I had to grab my drone out of the air and pull the battery. Not really inspiring much confidence to fly again.
1-8 06:09
Use props
djiuser_xbgVf8DNkO8W
New
Flight distance : 285988 ft
United States

I had the exact same problem with the same controller and drone just 3 days ago. Really seems like a problem with the manufacturing or software…. Not pleased right now.
1-8 07:11
Use props
djiuser_xbgVf8DNkO8W
New
Flight distance : 285988 ft
United States

Is DJI investigating this situation? It seems countless people across several forums have shared problems with the rc-n1 not turning on, and the mini 3 pro shutting off mid flight.
1-8 08:46
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_v71Oz83b8IpV Posted at 1-8 06:09
I have flown a mini 3 pro I purchased 15 times and today while flying, the RC-N1 powered off on its own. It powered on again once right after this as I panicked trying to get my drone back, but as soon as I finished pressing return to home the remote turned off again and now will not turn back on at all. No signs of life from the remote. I tried 4 different charging bricks and 2 different cables that have always worked in the past and the charging lights will not come on. I tried all the variations of pressing the power button with no response from the remote. Guess I have to send it back? I had to grab my drone out of the air and pull the battery. Not really inspiring much confidence to fly again.

Hello there. Sorry about the experience. I suggest sending the units back to DJI for further inspection. You can submit a repair request using this link: https://repair.dji.com/. The warranty can be applied depending on the assessment's outcome, including your unit's warranty period. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
1-9 00:29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_xbgVf8DNkO8W Posted at 1-8 07:11
I had the exact same problem with the same controller and drone just 3 days ago. Really seems like a problem with the manufacturing or software…. Not pleased right now.

Hi. If you are also experiencing the same issue and also unable to charge it despite replacing the charging cable and brick. Please submit a repair request for us to get it repaired. You can use this link https://repair.dji.com/ to submit one. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
1-9 00:34
Use props
GuiG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 780548 ft
Netherlands

I had the same problem. Bought it in August 2022. I had to sent in my RC for repair. And receive it back with a range problem. It is back now to DJI together with the Mini 3 pro for repair. Because I lost connection when I stand further can 30cm from the drone.
1-10 10:06
Use props
GuiG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 780548 ft
Netherlands

Alexey_mavic3c Posted at 2023-3-3 09:01
Faced exactly same issue. Bough it in other country. In my country there is no dji service. No idea what to do. I am disappointed.

Can't you just connect with DJI and figure out what to do?
1-10 10:06
Use props
djiuser_wKrsLUfY0UoX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1808173 ft
Panama

Lieutenant Posted at 2022-11-3 18:33
Try it without the SD card in case it has a short.
Also try holding on/off button for 10 seconds or try holding any button while pressing on/off button.

Thanks Lieutenant work fine for me.  You save my day brow.  Greetings from Panamá.
1-15 09:22
Use props
djiuser_37TgUJ3KP3s4
New
Germany

Same here for my DJI Mini 2, RC went dead mid-flight while it had 3/4 battery life. Could safe the drone from crashing into a tree.
Now the RC remains dead, charging doesn't work, resetting it with holding the power button for 15 seconds doesn't work as well. Seems like a bricked RC.. what's next?
1-17 15:15
Use props
Luis A. Doval
New

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2023-2-7 05:31
Hi, there. Sorry for the belated reply.
1. Please try again by short pressing and then long-pressing the power button.
2. Please replace the charger and charging cable to try.

This method worked for me
Thank you
1-31 13:34
Use props
fans22c9963a
New

Colombia

ssylca44 Posted at 2023-3-6 04:28
I wonder how many people have this issue?

Have the same issue and I can see is a massive problem!! But dji which is the solution???
2-23 16:39
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules