Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 3 issues came to Mavic 3 Classic... or not?
4675 28 2022-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
manowar_gub
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1573589 ft
Russia

Hi folks,

Who can confirm, if DJI resolved these issues of Mavic 3 Standart/CINE in Mavic 3 Classic:

1) Longtime satellites search, upto 2 min each flight, also GNSS Glonass not used

2) Raw (DNG) photos have black corners as used lens dont cover full sensor area. DJI rebuilded camera design, now more free space for lens, but do they solved that issue physically?

3) Photos have tint (red or green) on the left or right side, issue especially noticeable on plain landscapes (fog, storm clouds)

4) Flickering while hyperlapse, even in full manual settings (WB, shutter etc.). Some users talked their Mavic 3 had those problems even in video!
2022-11-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

1) Longtime satellites search, upto 2 min each flight, also GNSS Glonass not used
That was fixed long ago.
Glonass is not used, but three other GNSS constellations are.

2) Raw (DNG) photos have black corners as used lens dont cover full sensor area. DJI rebuilded camera design, now more free space for lens, but do they solved that issue physically?
Only if you shoot dng and use software that doesn't read the embedded profile in the dng file.
Jpg files don't have this issue with any software.

3) Photos have tint (red or green) on the left or right side, issue especially noticeable on plain landscapes (fog, storm clouds)
Never noticed this

2022-11-3
Use props
manowar_gub
lvl.2
Russia

Labroides Posted at 11-3 17:29
That was fixed long ago.

Only if you shoot dng and use software that doesn't read the embedded profile in the dng file.

From my research, DJI crop image and upscale it next, that is their "embedded profile" solution for Mavic 3.
I am very interested what do they done for Mavic 3 Classic
2022-11-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

manowar_gub Posted at 11-4 01:34

From my research, DJI crop image and upscale it next, that is their "embedded profile" solution for Mavic 3.

From my research, DJI crop image and upscale it next, that is their "embedded profile" solution for Mavic
I don't know what it does, but whatever it is, it works to create better pix than any other consumer drone.
How many other drones do you know in this price range with a 4/3 sensor?

The results are definitely very good.

I am very interested what do they done for Mavic 3 Classic
It has the same camera so I wouldn't expect it to be any different.

2022-11-4
Use props
manowar_gub
lvl.2
Russia

Labroides Posted at 11-4 04:23
From my research, DJI crop image and upscale it next, that is their "embedded profile" solution for Mavic
I don't know what it does, but whatever it is, it works to create better pix than any other consumer drone.
How many other drones do you know in this price range with a 4/3 sensor?

You re right, mavic 3 classic has same camera module as mavic 3 standart.

Same problems with image corners - they are black, lens narrow than sensor area, DJI didnt solve an issue

You can check DNG images here -> https://www.techdronemedia.com/download-1

And as some users notice, m3 has more noiser sensor with bigger pixel and larger noise patters
2022-11-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

manowar_gub Posted at 11-11 12:24
You re right, mavic 3 classic has same camera module as mavic 3 standart.

Same problems with image corners - they are black, lens narrow than sensor area, DJI didnt solve an issue

This is only a problem for users who shoot dng files with software that doesn't use the built-in lens correction.
For everyone else, there is no problem.
2022-11-11
Use props
manowar_gub
lvl.2
Russia

Labroides Posted at 11-11 14:54
This is only a problem for users who shoot dng files with software that doesn't use the built-in lens correction.
For everyone else, there is no problem.

Build-in lens correction stretch pixels and cuts image, your Focal length become ~30 mm FF eqv, with smooth edges. You can try it in raw converter, which supports device profiles
2022-11-12
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

manowar_gub Posted at 11-12 00:10
Build-in lens correction stretch pixels and cuts image, your Focal length become ~30 mm FF eqv, with smooth edges. You can try it in raw converter, which supports device profiles

Wouldn't you rather use lens correction that corrects lens issues?
Or do you just want to complain about something that isn't a problem for most users?
2022-11-12
Use props
manowar_gub
lvl.2
Russia

You're right. But not for drone which costs twice more then typical drones. DJI present it as top-quality device, but I cant get all profits they advertised.

Here is link for video of m3classic, shot in all-manual settings, in d-log: color tint still there! Mavic 3 color problem moved to Mavic 3 Classic, DJI dont solved it in 1 year:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8v9sn8TR7Q

Its a shame you cant get all benefits of m43 sensor.

And dont tell me to shoot in normal mode, as typical 3 times cheaper drones can.

For me, no reason to buy m3 and use "lifehacks" because DJI lie to their customers:
1) DNG profiles that cut-off effective sensor area and stretch pixels in photo modes
2) D-LOG profiles also as prores 4:2:2 profiles, sometimes have color tint shift even in manual settings, all you can is shoot "normal 8 bit profile in drone who advertised 10 bit, but cant do that properly"
2022-11-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

manowar_gub Posted at 11-12 04:11
You're right. But not for drone which costs twice more then typical drones. DJI present it as top-quality device, but I cant get all profits they advertised.

Here is link for video of m3classic, shot in all-manual settings, in d-log: color tint still there! Mavic 3 color problem moved to Mavic 3 Classic, DJI dont solved it in 1 year:

So let me see your M2P and air2s behave exactly the same except use a lot less of the sensor and there are many many videos by the same pixel peepers club yet you own both of those. Almost every camera has lens corrections built in or built into the software. You have absolutely no idea of how much of the sensor is or is not used but quoting the usual pixel peeper bee keepers weekly, most likely from people who haven’t a clue how to shoot or develop photos or film.
The M2 was by far the best drone and camera of its generation but suffered from the same pixel peepers nonsense that can be applied to almost every camera on the market.
The camera promises to shoot 20mp and yet every file registers at approx 21mp . That doesn’t register as not using everything it has to offer.
2022-11-20
Use props
manowar_gub
lvl.2
Russia

1. Tell me which previous DJI cameras has issue where lens are smaller than sensor wide? Only Yusan 3 line drones got it (m43 module, and all enterprise cameras also)

1.1 The lens correction modules in every market-sold lens improve barrel type distortions, but not the black corners. The second improvement is proper vignetting control. DJI "solved" their faulth updating lens correction and stretching pixels. And produced "updated" classic drone without camera improvements, is it too lazy to rework it, research money should get profit, bad product should be sold?

1.2 The gimbal is overloaded which leads to drifting, the drift value is greater than other market drones, you cant ever shoot straigh timelapse

2. Tell me which drone before Yusan 3 has random tint shift issue while shooting in all-manual settings (WB too) in d-log profiles?

To conclude my points above, Yusan 3 (and classic version too) is still semiproduct.
m2p had pixel-binning issue in full fov (not real 4k resolution in vids) but great photos; a2s dont have such issues in videos, but optics are worse than m2p (wave-type sharpness across the frame) and photos worse than m2p

If you are not quality-centralised person, you dont worry if yellow colors have green tint, you need "best of the market" device for instagram, you need "good out of box" 8-bit picture - you'd never meet the issues I wrote above. But again, its a shame for DJI, to present Yusan 3 as "brilliant" while he is not
2022-11-20
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

manowar_gub Posted at 11-20 10:36
1. Tell me which previous DJI cameras has issue where lens are smaller than sensor wide? Only Yusan 3 line drones got it (m43 module, and all enterprise cameras also)

1.1 The lens correction modules in every market-sold lens improve barrel type distortions, but not the black corners. The second improvement is proper vignetting control. DJI "solved" their faulth updating lens correction and stretching pixels. And produced "updated" classic drone without camera improvements, is it too lazy to rework it, research money should get profit, bad product should be sold?

You don't like it? Fine, don't buy it. Now go away.
2022-11-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

manowar_gub Posted at 11-20 10:36
1. Tell me which previous DJI cameras has issue where lens are smaller than sensor wide? Only Yusan 3 line drones got it (m43 module, and all enterprise cameras also)

you need "best of the market" device for instagram, you need "good out of box" 8-bit picture - you'd never meet the issues I wrote above

That statement alone shows how little you know. Instagram can be perfectly worked with a phone, in fact some of the leading Instagramers only use iphone, buy TV and film documentary etc they need top class and thats why so many now are using M3 but as post 16 says if you don’t like the M3 “move on”
2022-11-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

manowar_gub Posted at 11-20 15:06
That statement alone shows how little you know.  

if you positioning yourself as deep knowledge person, you re welcome to answer 4 questions in post #15

1/ every dji drone I’ve owned and including all lens for inspire 2. In fact almost every digital lens manufactured for all cameras has some lens corrections. Lens corrections are not just for barrel distortions, more ridiculous you tube myths

2/ I don’t have this problem and if it was a serious problem it would be posted over and over on this forum.

The rest of your questions read like gobblygook .

My question to you is simple “why if you know all the answers would you go to the bother in posting a thread asking for answers you have no intention of accepting. Is that because you’re trying to position yourself as a person with deep knowledge
2022-11-20
Use props
brusa69
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3362251 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I can say that the problem is seen with Skylum Luminar NEO but not with Lightroom.

Satellite FIX is quick, no banding in the photos i've shot.
2022-11-21
Use props
manowar_gub
lvl.2
Russia

yep, dji fixed sat search and red banding issues in firmwares
2022-11-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

manowar_gub Posted at 11-20 23:25
why if you know all the answers

You can check thread history to answer yourself: do I have answers on 03 nov 2022, and do I have answers today, after 3 weeks of reading (mavicpilots, forum.dji.com/forum, bbs.dji.com/forum, my local forums)

Well you’ll find most people are very happy now with M3 , a rocky start but both Camera and craft are excellent and thats Professional and hobbyists.
2022-11-21
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
Flight distance : 333799 ft
  • >>>
Australia

manowar_gub Posted at 11-4 01:34

I would also like to know this. The stretched corners cropped corners are not sharp.
2022-11-25
Use props
manowar_gub
lvl.2
Russia

Skyris Posted at 11-25 13:39
I would also like to know this. The stretched corners cropped corners are not sharp.

welcome to the group, who are interested in camera quality in "flying camera drone"
I waited jji rework camera module but it is the same as in Yusan 3 (in terms of lens parts)

My new research: if you teardown m3classic body, you're find the mavic 3 cine body (including all wires and pins) but without ssd. I am not sure does each Yusan 3 classic have similar "feature", but can assume jji did that solution for all unsolded m3cine
2022-11-25
Use props
manowar_gub
lvl.2
Russia

I came with good news:

Today the person got his new mavic3classic as a exchange for his "suddenly tint-shift" drone
He posted new video, where replaced drone works as need to be, without any issues:

That can only mean, you can buy defect drone with camera problem, and all you need is to contact DJI to made an replacement

2022-11-30
Use props
djiuser_Maz32BDD8cS9
lvl.3
Flight distance : 407159 ft
Vietnam

the problem remains...
2022-12-7
Use props
djiuser_Maz32BDD8cS9
lvl.3
Vietnam

think that this is the problem of low-quality spare parts in the production of dj mavic 3. namely, in the gimbal and the camera switched to mavic3 classic...

https://youtube.com/shorts/M50IM5xkuFU?feature=share

#mavic #mavic3 #mavic3classic #gimbal #camera
2022-12-7
Use props
djiuser_Maz32BDD8cS9
lvl.3
Vietnam

what's your problem with dji guys? why do you produce a low-quality, unreasonably expensive product that you refuse to support under warranty?

CAS-11278962-X4S1P1
ticket number is #4702510
2022-12-7
Use props
djiuser_Maz32BDD8cS9
lvl.3
Vietnam

Hi guys

1 month has passed and dji has not come up with anything smarter than to send such a letter, after an authorized center in Vietnam wrote to them about repairing a defective mavic3 copter ...

1. a letter from the dji center in Vietnam to dji himself - it took them 1 month to connect with each other, this is the highest level of communication that I have seen for his 43 years of life))

2. letter dji's response to 1 letter, when they all got sick on the eve of Christmas, so to speak, the staff ran out, apparently it was hard to stretch that cable to Vietnam to write to their own dji authorized center.

3. I appeal to dji fans who will stand up for dji, I believe that you sincerely love the products that dji produces.  But the fact remains that dji has a defect in the products they produce and there is a huge problem with support in the world. Personally, I will think 7 times before buying the next new product from dji, since I have a negative experience of buying a defective mavic3 copter and as a result, dji's unwillingness to solve this problem promptly, I will remind you that the replacement of the gimbal and camera can be carried out in 2 hours, but 1 month has passed and dji is not able to agree, to convey clearly and clearly to his the client and to the DJI center algorithm of actions! This is a fact! About my spoiled emotional state on Christmas Eve, I'd rather keep silent or you'll throw slippers))

1 email

Dec 23, 2022, 15:20 GMT+8

Dear Alexiss,

Sorry for the late reply. As we are holding the Mavic 3 unit which belongs to Mr. Sergey and we have the Gimbal and Camera module in stock, we are willing to help him solve the issue as soon as possible for his convenience.
We only have one question - if we create a normal Local In-Warranty repair case, how will DJI confirm and return us with the other ....$?

Mr. Sergey's Mavic 3 unit will be handled for repair as soon as we receive the solution from you.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best Regards,
DJI Authorized Service Center Vietnam.

2 email

DJI Support (DJI Support)

Dec 23, 2022, 20:10 GMT+8

Dear Customer,

Thanks for your email.
We are sorry to tell you that due to recent update of our public health policy, we are taking measures to make sure the agents and staffs remain as healthy as possible. Now it's a challenging times for us as some of our team members are away from work due to health condition.

We apologize in advance for any delay that might happen to the recent cases. We will get back to you at the earliest concern as soon as the workforce resume.

Thank you for your cooperation in helping us do our best to provide you with satisfying services.
Have a nice day!

Best Regards
Becky

Merry Christmas to everyone!

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid2927799
2022-12-23
Use props
Mark MaoGowan
lvl.2

Australia

Labroides Posted at 2022-11-3 17:29
That was fixed long ago.

No professional or consumer camera on the market has an issue with vignetting unless you use the wrong format lens! Like putting an APS-C lens on a FULL FRAME camera so this in theory is a lazy job by DJI for not engineering the correct lens for the sensor!
As for the magenta issue, perhaps try looking at the other posts where some other users are having that issue!
2023-1-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Singapore

Mark MaoGowan Posted at 1-24 17:56
Oh the arrogance.......the me me me generation in full steam.

Ohh  ... the ignorance.
Most users have no problem at all.
A few insist on using software that doesn't use the inbuilt corrections.
If you are one of those, just go somewhere else to whinge about it.
2023-1-25
Use props
Pastime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 1-26 01:06
You have no chance, idiot.
You've made it clear that you are a complete prick and I won't pay any attention to you in future.

Where on earth did this goofy clown come from.On here to just try and create trouble.
Another one to add to the list I guess.
2023-1-26
Use props
Pastime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

Mark MaoGowan Posted at 1-24 17:55
But it should not a be a problem FULL STOP! No other DJI drone other than the M3 has this fcking problem chum.

If you can't talk on here without using foul language on here then be silent and just go.
Do us a favor
2023-1-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Mark MaoGowan
I give you a warning for all your threads here with intentional trolling.

manowar_gub
If you have any satisfied experience with products, please contact our support.
Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support?from=store_footer
other non-relevant threads were deleted.
2023-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules