2053 21 2022-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 912661 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So I'm in the UK and I purchased a Controller 2 from the DJI Amazon store.

I contacted DJI via thier live chat to ask if it's a genuine controller? They replied saying they didn't know as DJI don't have an official store on Amazon.... Wait, what? That doesn't make sense. The Amazon store page looks like DJI. It lists all DJI drones and devices. Yea, bit confusing.

So my two questions here are, is the Amazon DJI store, a real genuine DJI store? (Screenshot attached).

And my second question, have I bought a genuine DJI Controller 2 that will work with the Avata?

I've checked the DJI Authorised Dealers page, and the Amazon DJI store page isn't on there.
https://www.dji.com/uk/mobile/where-to-buy/enterprise-dealers

Also attached is a screenshot of the controller I purchased. You can clearly see that there's a link back to the DJI Store homepage on Amazon.

Thanks,
Dragonfyr

@Dji
Screenshot_20221104_032657_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg
Screenshot_20221104_032711_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg
Screenshot_20221104_032913.jpg
2022-11-3
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The DJI Amazon page..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/stores/page/69176463-8086-4F5D-82CE-ABF2C05BF157?
2022-11-3
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

yeah it's fine; we have a similar one here in usa.
2022-11-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there.
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
You can use this link to buy DJI products: https://www.amazon.co.uk/stores/ ... C5FB8?ref_=ast_bln.
And please note that the photo you show with DJI Controller 2 works with DJI Avata.
We will also check the reply of our support and see how we can do better with this part.
Thank you.

2022-11-3
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-3 22:11
Hi, there.
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
You can use this link to buy DJI products: https://www.amazon.co.uk/stores/DJI/page/4841B1F9-1A4A-496E-AFAD-70C20D8C5FB8?ref_=ast_bln.

Hi Natalia,

Yes, that's the link where I bought the controller from.

Would be great to know that it's actually a genuine store?
Just whenever you find out.

Thanks,
Dragonfyr
2022-11-4
Use props
HDPS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

same to eBay, I always had doubts about the " DJI Store" on both eBay and Amazon (U.S.) if they are indeed DJI or just a Chinese seller using DJI visual to impress buyers and lure for more sales.
2022-11-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Dragonfyr Posted at 11-4 09:41
Hi Natalia,

Yes, that's the link where I bought the controller from.

Hi, Dragonfyr. Thank you for the confirmation. If the controller was purchased from the same link DJI Natalia posted, then we can validate that you purchased it from a legit source as Amazon is one of our Official Online Stores. Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-4
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 11-4 14:21
Hi, Dragonfyr. Thank you for the confirmation. If the controller was purchased from the same link DJI Natalia posted, then we can validate that you purchased it from a legit source as Amazon is one of our Official Online Stores. Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your continued support.

Hi Tony,

That's great to hear that. Is there any other way of validating that it is in fact sold / supplied by yourselves? I don't mind sharing order numbers etc.

I mean, I'm pretty sure it's ok, I just want to be sure.

Here is the page from where I bought it: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/prod ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks,
Dragonfyr
2022-11-4
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dragonfyr Posted at 11-4 14:26
Hi Tony,

That's great to hear that. Is there any other way of validating that it is in fact sold / supplied by yourselves? I don't mind sharing order numbers etc.

Everything sold on Amazon very clearly lists who it is “Sold by” and “Shipped by”.  At least in the US, all items in the Amazon “DJI Store” clearly show as:

Ships from:  Amazon.com
Sold by:  Amazon.com

Just look for this and you will know exactly who the seller is for any given product.

2022-11-4
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KlooGee Posted at 11-4 17:07
Everything sold on Amazon very clearly lists who it is “Sold by” and “Shipped by”.  At least in the US, all items in the Amazon “DJI Store” clearly show as:

Ships from:  Amazon.com

Yep, I'm aware of that!

Hence this entire post, to see if DJI are the genuine distributer of said item.

2022-11-4
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dragonfyr Posted at 11-4 17:09
Yep, I'm aware of that!

Hence this entire post, to see if DJI are the genuine distributer of said item.

Amazon is clearly the seller in the example I provided, not DJI!  If someone else was listed besides Amazon, they would be the seller.  If you want to buy directly from DJI, go to DJI.com.  

If you bought something from Best Buy, Best Buy would be the seller.  I don’t understand why you don’t think Amazon is the actual seller, when they quite clearly label it as such!?
2022-11-4
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KlooGee Posted at 11-4 17:18
Amazon is clearly the seller in the example I provided, not DJI!  If someone else was listed besides Amazon, they would be the seller.  If you want to buy directly from DJI, go to DJI.com.  

If you bought something from Best Buy, Best Buy would be the seller.  I don’t understand why you don’t think Amazon is the actual seller, when they quite clearly label it as such!?

Dude, why are you even commenting on this? Have you read the thread, or are you just wanting an argument? Cause that what it seems like to me, or you're just trying to build up your post archive on this forum.

To sum it up...

I bought a RC2 from the Amazon DJI Store.
I spoke to Amazon to see if it was genuine.
Amazon told me to contact DJI.
DJI then told me that they don't have any seller pages on Amazon...!
So I made this post to check.
Wouldn't you? Wouldn't anyone? I've just spent £130 of my money on something from DJI, then DJI tell me they didn't sell it.
Global stock levels are low / nothing.
How can anyone other than DJI get their hands on DJI stock?
Now I'm waiting on them getting back to me regarding if it is legit.
They say their shop on Amazon is genuine (conflict of information). So yea, I'm just waiting.

If I wanted the plain in sight, basic information about the advert, I would have asked for it.

Read the thread.
Then comment something constructive, instead of just wasting everyone's time.

Thanks,
Dragonfyr
2022-11-4
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dragonfyr Posted at 11-4 17:28
Dude, why are you even commenting on this? Have you read the thread, or are you just wanting an argument? Cause that what it seems like to me, or you're just trying to build up your post archive on this forum.

To sum it up...

You are quite the peach tonight!  Are you always this much fun or are you just up past your normal bed time?  

I read the whole thread just fine already.  Maybe you should as well.  You bought a product from the world’s largest and most trusted retailer that has an unbelievable reputation and amazing return policy.  You also have two mods confirm Amazon is an authorized DJI retailer.  Next you’re gonna be looking for a notary to place their stamp on your invoice. It’s a freaking £130 controller.  Do you exhibit this same behavior for all of your purchases?  That has to be quite exhausting!  

Anyways, it must be past my bed time. Good night!  Hope tomorrow is a more comforting day!  Cheers!
2022-11-4
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KlooGee Posted at 11-4 18:17
You are quite the peach tonight!  Are you always this much fun or are you just up past your normal bed time?  

I read the whole thread just fine already.  Maybe you should as well.  You bought a product from the world’s largest and most trusted retailer that has an unbelievable reputation and amazing return policy.  You also have two mods confirm Amazon is an authorized DJI retailer.  Next you’re gonna be looking for a notary to place their stamp on your invoice. It’s a freaking £130 controller.  Do you exhibit this same behavior for all of your purchases?  That has to be quite exhausting!  

I'm not even going to read your reply.

Can't be bothered with attention seekers.

Is there a way to block people on here, lets see...
2022-11-4
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

dragon, you are never going to get the answer you are looking for.  mostly because you cannot ask the question to the person who knows the answer; nobody will properly understand that question when asked.  when you get the product in your hand, at that point you can decide if what you receive is genuine.  there are next to no fake rc2 on the market (despite the f'd up situation) so it's going to be easy enough to plug it into your computer and connect with the dji sw or inspect the packaging/sn.

anyone on the planet can sell genuine rc2 since there is a such thing as old stock.  i can assure you rc2 is not entire devoid of the whole world, somebody has them somewhere.  i've told you the dji store on amazon in the usa is gtg and i think someone else said it is gtg in the uk so you can believe it.  it doesn't matter what someone told you over the phone or what you read on a "dji" website; those are not your "sources."  anyway, it's 2022 your best protection is found with your credit card and your payment methods (like paypal or ebay seller protection) or even with the grand seller such as amazon.  no longer do you need to send letters or make phone calls or get "photos" in order to verify anything because that doesn't work in this deep fake world.  anything you buy on the internet comes with a certain amount of risk.

enjoy your rc2.
2022-11-4
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 11-4 20:52
dragon, you are never going to get the answer you are looking for.  mostly because you cannot ask the question to the person who knows the answer; nobody will properly understand that question when asked.  when you get the product in your hand, at that point you can decide if what you receive is genuine.  there are next to no fake rc2 on the market (despite the f'd up situation) so it's going to be easy enough to plug it into your computer and connect with the dji sw or inspect the packaging/sn.

anyone on the planet can sell genuine rc2 since there is a such thing as old stock.  i can assure you rc2 is not entire devoid of the whole world, somebody has them somewhere.  i've told you the dji store on amazon in the usa is gtg and i think someone else said it is gtg in the uk so you can believe it.  it doesn't matter what someone told you over the phone or what you read on a "dji" website; those are not your "sources."  anyway, it's 2022 your best protection is found with your credit card and your payment methods (like paypal or ebay seller protection) or even with the grand seller such as amazon.  no longer do you need to send letters or make phone calls or get "photos" in order to verify anything because that doesn't work in this deep fake world.  anything you buy on the internet comes with a certain amount of risk.

Again, more obvious text that I didn't need to read and thus, wasting more time!!

You really think I don't know that I'm covered by my bank card? Really? Haha!
Mr Saint, why are you always commenting on my posts with pointless information?
And why do you always think you can answer for DJI or on behalf of them, even though you're not actually endorsed to do so? Same thing, different post. Smh.

Can I just ask, if anyone else decides to tell me how to walk, answer a phone, how to pay rent or eat a biscuit, please, don't.

And again, DJI have said to me what they're doing. You can clearly see that on their replies on this thread, if you bothered to read it... but you still chose to comment anyway with pointless information.

There was a thing back in the day of the old internet, when I used to be an admin of said forums.
People used to fill threads with pointless conversations, replies that meant nothing. Just so that they could get their statistics on the forum to reflect that.
Kind of like a back door into making others think you've posted on a lot of forums, so you must know what you're talking about or must be a pro.

I'm getting that same feeling here.

DJI, I apologise if my replies aren't related to this post.
Thanks again,
Dragonfyr
2022-11-5
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Reading back over what I just said, makes me feel sad! I hate talking like that. But I just feel I need to.

Sorry for anyone that may find it offensive. It's not intended to be that way.

Just stating how I feel and replying to people that aren't really contributing anything positive to this thread.

I'd rather we all just kept on topic and were positive about life.
Not much to ask, right?

Thanks,
Dragonfyr
2022-11-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Dragonfyr Posted at 11-4 14:26
Hi Tony,

Hi, Dragonfyr. Thank you for your response. To further clarify, since Amazon is one of our Official Online Stores, their DJI products are supplied directly by DJI. Regarding the order number, we regret to inform you that we cannot track it as Amazon is still the seller and they have their system. We can help you further validate the remote controller's genuineness once you receive it and provide us with the serial number. If you check this link: {https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy/retail-stores}, you'll see that Amazon is listed under "Official Online Stores." Please let us know if you have e further inquiries. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-11-6
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 11-6 19:30
Hi, Dragonfyr. Thank you for your response. To further clarify, since Amazon is one of our Official Online Stores, their DJI products are supplied directly by DJI. Regarding the order number, we regret to inform you that we cannot track it as Amazon is still the seller and they have their system. We can help you further validate the remote controller's genuineness once you receive it and provide us with the serial number. If you check this link: {https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy/retail-stores}, you'll see that Amazon is listed under "Official Online Stores." Please let us know if you have e further inquiries. Thank you for your valued support.

Brilliant. I will do that once it arrives (4-6 weeks).

Thank you so much for your help. It's really reassured me.

Kind regards,
Dragonfyr
2022-11-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Dragonfyr Posted at 11-6 19:44
Brilliant. I will do that once it arrives (4-6 weeks).

Thank you so much for your help. It's really reassured me.

You're very welcome, Dragonfyr! Please feel free to post here in DJI Forum if you need further assistance. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-11-6
Use props
HDPS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Just my 0.2 cents on this..... for U.S. at least, I much rather buy direct at DJI store because:

1- I will not pay sales taxes,
2- I will get DJI credits,
3- Free shipping or fair shipping fees,  also fast
4- If something is wrong with the product, they are the ones that shipped it, no third party involved.

And thanks to Dragonfyr we know now that Amazon DJI store is Official DJI
2022-11-7
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HDPS Posted at 11-7 10:43
Just my 0.2 cents on this..... for U.S. at least, I much rather buy direct at DJI store because:

1- I will not pay sales taxes,

Hahaha, you're welcome mate

Yes, I prefer to buy directly from DJI. Those store credits are a great incentive. Their super fast postage really helps too.

Even though I've ordered one from Amazon, It'll still be preferable to purchase one from the DJI store, which I will be doing as soon as they get back in stock. Then probably cancel the Amazon one.

Since all of this I have spoken to Amazon and they have reassured me that my purchase is protected. So I'm good either way. Just want a RC2 so I can start practicing manual mode.

Thanks again, DJI and everyone else that helped

Dragonfyr
2022-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules