PSA: Auxiliary Light & Front LEDs removed because of C1 (EU only)
2451 8 2022-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ground2Sky
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10365945 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Hello all,

I've seen some threads about the removal of said features. After checking the updated user manual I found that these options were indeed removed in order to comply with the European C1 classification.

Screenshot 2022-11-04 121208.png
2022-11-4
Use props
ZmootheOperator
lvl.4
Flight distance : 187516 ft
Norway

Surely they would have warned about it if this is indeed the case with the latest firmware? It was my impression that C1 class restrictions would come in a separate firmware? Many would like to use the M3 outside of the C1 class (eg A3), as those leds will make the drone unusable for filming in many scenarios.
2022-11-4
Use props
Ulven
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1195394 ft
  • >>>
Norway

ZmootheOperator Posted at 11-4 04:06
Surely they would have warned about it if this is indeed the case with the latest firmware? It was my impression that C1 class restrictions would come in a separate firmware? Many would like to use the M3 outside of the C1 class (eg A3), as those leds will make the drone unusable for filming in many scenarios.

ducktape the leds, or make something to 3d print that covers the led ;)
2022-11-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Ulven Posted at 11-4 04:26
ducktape the leds, or make something to 3d print that covers the led ;)

Problem is they also there for a reason, when on you know which way your craft is facing .
2022-11-4
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Although they wish to become a member of the EU as soon as possible, the Ukrainian drone friends should urgently avoid this update. Without manual control of the auxiliary LED lights, shedding "loads" will no longer work.
2022-11-4
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just as a matter of interest is there something in the definition of C1, as written by the EU and or CAA, that mandates that any lights fitted be switched on?
Can  this firmware be rolled back to an earlier version?
2022-11-4
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

The EU legislation for C1 states the following:

----
REGULATIONS
COMMISSION DELEGATED REGULATION (EU) 2019/945
of 12 March 2019
on unmanned aircraft systems and on third-country operators of unmanned aircraft systems
THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION,
----
ANNEX
PART 2

Requirements for a class C1 Unmanned aircraft system
(16) be equipped with lights for the purpose of:
(a) the controllability of the UA,
(b) the conspicuity of the UA at night, the design of the lights shall allow a person on the ground, to distinguish the UA from a manned aircraft;

----

REGULATIONSCOMMISSION DELEGATED REGULATION (EU) 2020/1058
of 27 April 2020
amending Delegated Regulation (EU) 2019/945 as regards the introduction of two new unmanned aircraft systems classes
THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION,

----

ANNEX
PART 2

Requirements for a class C1 Unmanned aircraft system

(16) be equipped:
(a) with lights for the purpose of controllability of the UA; and
(b) with at least one green flashing light for the purpose of conspicuity of the UA at night to allow a person on the ground to distinguish the UA from a manned aircraft;

----

My interpretation of this is that
a) white lights down could cause the UAS to be misjudged as a manned aircraft and
b) green lights need to be visible in all directions for people on the ground to see the UAS as unmanned from all directions aircraft can be identified.

Those are just my interpretations. But I think that may be the point why these functions are missing.

2022-11-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. DJI Fly app removed the said option, details of regulation please check using this link https://www.dji.com/newsroom/new ... -for-mavic-3-series . Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-11-5
Use props
Draxel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 402247 ft
  • >>>
Norway

SeehawerB Posted at 11-4 07:21
The EU legislation for C1 states the following:

----

Looking at this it seems strange that DJI, or the company that certified the Mavic would interpret the rule so strictly.
The bottom light being automatic, okay - but it doesn't really say that all lights need to stay on blinking from launch.
Also before the rear lights would be on anyways.

2022-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules