2826 6 2022-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
A1C
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40909 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does anyone find that the tilt lock range is rather small when in tilt lock mode?  Rolling is fine but when tilting it only holds for a short range before the motion turns to follow mode.

2022-11-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. For you to use a larger gimbal tilt angle on the DJI Osmo Mobile 6, please try to extend the extension rod to a proper length, and manually adjust the angle of the pan-axis motor and make it parallel to the ground. Also, hold the grip, and if it is in Follow mode, push the joystick up/down. If this not work on your end, please send us a short video showing the issue for us to check. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-11-5
Use props
WaddyUK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49449 ft
United Kingdom

Did you sort this?
2023-5-19
Use props
A1C
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

WaddyUK Posted at 5-19 08:59
Did you sort this?

Nope.  It just seems to have a small range for tilting.  I tried the Zhiyun smooth and that works great in all directions to the point where I can turn it upside down and it maintains the orientation.  Only issue with the smooth is that you can't just stick it in your pocket.  I guess that is the compromise with something that is portable.

Someone I know has the Insta360 one and it seems to have the same small range as the Osmo.
2023-5-19
Use props
fansc3a44121
New

United Kingdom

I have the same problem with my Osmo six the tilt range just doesn’t seem to work and I’ve tried two different units after sending one back as not working. Unfortunately, the replacement came, and it’s exactly the same!
1-30 08:05
Use props
fans15c6fb85
lvl.4

United States

fansc3a44121 Posted at 1-30 08:05
I have the same problem with my Osmo six the tilt range just doesn’t seem to work and I’ve tried two different units after sending one back as not working. Unfortunately, the replacement came, and it’s exactly the same!

I published this video about a month ago showing exactly how far you can tilt, and how to overcome it using a roll:

How to overcome OM6 limited tllt for jib shots
1-30 08:50
Use props
A1C
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fans15c6fb85 Posted at 1-30 08:50
I published this video about a month ago showing exactly how far you can tilt, and how to overcome it using a roll:

How to overcome OM6 limited tllt for jib shots

Nice video and I feel your frustration.  In the end I realized that this and the insta 360 gimbals were never meant for true videography use.

It's still a neat tool to have on the go, but yeah I feel that the reviews in general gloss over any limitations.
2-4 17:44
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules